Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

First story cleared game is Ratchet and clank Rift apart. Stunning game graphics wise and another great ratchet and clank game with a great story i love the different dimensions idea

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart (PS5)
Far Cry 6 (Ps5)
Zombie army trilogy (Ps4) (its says trilogy but its all merged into one campaign)
Lost Judgement (PS5)
Super Mario U (WII U)
Prince of Persia The sands of time (Ps3) (part of the Hd trilogy)
Splinter Cell (Ps3) (part of the Hd trilogy)
Assassins creed Chronicles: China (Ps4)
Watch dogs (Ps4)
Assassins creed Chronicles India (Ps4)

I may come back to it to platinum before moving on to a new list but for now i probably move on.

• Like 2

I'm gonna use that extra game for full points @Arethien.  I was given 50 bucks on the PSN  and I picked up Legends of Mana, so I'm gonna aim for that.  It's actually kind of special for me because I've owned it on the PS3 for years now.  It was my first PSOne Classic way back in 2011, and I never finished it.  So now that I have it on the PS4, I intend to do so.

1) Bravely Default 2 - Switch 

2) Skyward Sword - Switch - Finished - 54.5 hours

3) Gurumin A Monstrous Adventure - PC

4) Lost Odyssey - Xbox One 

5) Bayonetta - PS3 

6) Far Cry 4 - PS3 

7) Trials of Mana - PS4 

8) Crysis 2 - PS3 

9) Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Switch - Finished - 64 hours

10) Army of Two - The 40th Day - PS3

11) Legends of Mana - PS4 

• Like 2

I havnt been very active on here in the last 2 months so thought id give a quick update even though ive not completed anything on my list ive gone back and cleaned up a few of my lists and gotten some plats.

Resident evil 3 re: finally after going back every now and then and trying to beat nemesis on inferno ive finally managed to beat him and get the plat, great game but was rather disappointed with the cut content like the missing dismemberment of zombies in re2 re that is not present here, Still enjoyed it enough to do around 6 different playthroughs, hopefully we get a code veronica or outbreak remake next.

Spoiler

i do like the replacement of the dead factory with a lab, it gives jill more motivation other than just escaping and im just glad to not have to do the water treament puzzel lol. Would have liked to have seen the town hall location though and nemesis's original second form

Borderlands the pre sequel: finally finished getting the plat on the ps4 version, my nephews had the handsome jack collection as a early christmas present so ive been playing with them a fair bit
over the last few weeks and the pre sequel is my favorite in the series so i was happy to go through it again, im just happy i didnt have to do the claptrap trophy as it autopoped when i used one of his specials and the rng on some of the specials are almost as bad as hunting jimmy jenkins in the second game.

Skyrim ps5 version: got the plat and it only took me around 100hours, Khajit can quit skyrim anytime he likes....

A plague tale innocence: im at around chapter 12 and have been having a bit of a mixed bag with this game the rat levels/sections are usually fun but after a while it gets a bit repetitive and the combat absolutly sucks agaisnt the inquisition (maybe i should have focused on upgrading my sling more) im looking forward to see how the story ends.

Edited by sindrics
spoilers
  • Like 2

Happy New Year, everyone! 

Dropping in to update on my overall progress. @Arethien I would like to pick another game for my Christmas gift. It's Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, a Christmas addition. Seeing as how I finished my Halloween game, I thought the chances are good this one will be the same. 

So far,

Finished: 1 of 12 games

In progress: 5

Need for Speed Payback (PS4) [94% complete]

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) [2% complete]

Summon Night 6 (PSV) [72% complete]

God Wars Future Past (PSV)

Rune Factory 4 (Switch)

Piofiore Fated Memories (Switch) [Started]

Pokémon Sword (Switch) [Started]

Phantasy Star Nova (PSV)

Soul Sacrifice (PSV)

Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4)

Resident Evil 3 (PS4) [100% complete]

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4)

NFS, Sword, & Ni no Kuni are still stalled. I'm back to Summon Night, tackling the night conversations. That's a long haul of playing several chapters to see a unique scene for one character & then reloading to play those chapters all over for the other 20ish characters. It'll be awhile. 

I started reading Piofiore last week. I'm only in the first chapter, but I'm digging it. Reading a VN on the Switch is kinda nice.

• Like 1

@arsenal4life1471 Congratulations on your first story clear. How long did it take you?

@willythom88 Added your Christmas game.

@sindrics I think your Resident Evil 3 impressions contain spoilers. You probably should hide them in spoiler tag. That may be just me, as I'm pretty strict in what I count as a spoiler.

@Gretchen27 Added your Christmas game. The same as with Halloween game as in priority clear?

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1

? Happy New Year! ?

and

Casual Gaming Event ?

❗ Season 2 

Did you guys even remember/know we have seasons in this event ?? Every half a year we get a new season leaderboard!

It was something @Spinacheq really wanted, to kind of reset ranking and give a new goal to reach for old and new participants.

Hopefully it'll give you some more motivation to finish your games ?! Especially on list ones for full points!

Points from games cleared in January up to June 30th are going to be added to Season 2 leaderboard.

For the transition to be smooth, I'm setting a time limit for Season 1 points to 10th of January.

After that date, Season 1 leaderboard will be locked, with your old season points still counted for total progress, but not in any of season leaderboards.

Please give me your update on old season game clears before that date.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arethien said:

@Gretchen27 Added your Christmas game. The same as with Halloween game as in priority clear?

I don't think I'll be as good about this one. I'm not known for finishing AC games quickly, but I'm too stubborn to use, much less accept a swap. So, I hope this keeps me committed to finish it ?

• Like 1

@Arethien ive edited the post to add the spoilers i thought that info was common knowledge online as it caused alot of people online on sites to claim they would be boycotting the game, sorry about that il try to pay more attention in future and make sure to add the appropriate spoilers.

Skyrim ps5: Is eligible for story and plat at half points.

Borderlands pre sequel ps4: Eligible for plat at half points only no story points

resident evil 3 remake ps4: Eligible for plat at half points only no story points

plague tale innocence ps4: Still in works

sorry for any confusion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arethien said:

Ah, I almost forgot!

I platinumed Neverwinter on PS4! It took me pretty long after base game story clear, but I'm sorry, I have no idea how long.

S0eeb2d.png
54 of 96 Trophies
31st December 2021  Platinum in 4 years, 8 months

I'm still going to very slowly progress in this game DLCs story.

Congrats! I only got 30/49 and the 50 dragon kills got me like: Nope, not gonna do this anytime soon ? (we don't talk about doin' 1000!!!)

Really impressive!

You plan on doing the DLCs as well?

Edited by milk-aholic
  • Like 1

@Gretchen27 Ah, I see ?. I feel similar about swaps. I don't want to use any if possible. Only as a last resort. In the end, my listed games are ones I want to play at some point...

@sindrics Thanks for confirmation on eligible games. I didn't know any details about Resident Evil 3 remake other than that it's short.

@milk-aholic I plan on playing it's DLCs. If I get trophies for them depends on how close my normal for fun play will get me. I try to first do what I want in game without looking at trophy list or guide. After I'm done with my playthrough I check if I'm close to any trophies/tasks/etc. or if there are any I can do easily to clean it up a little.

• Like 2

@Arethien i was on the last mission but have hit a wall in that the sling mechanics are just not working i have the aim locked on and its yellow(which indicts aiming at the head) but then the shot misses and when it does hit the head 80% of the time it doesnt seem to register a hit and if you miss 1 shot then the enemies kill you in 1 hit and the dodge button seems to work at random times. To get a better understanding just look up chapter 16 cart issues, it seems alot of people have had alot of problems with this section and for me its killed all enjoyment of the game and just feel like throwing the controller at the screen lol so its better to just walk away from it and maybe come back to it in a year or 2.

• Like 1

Oh sh.., forgot to post my progress in Season 1

Finished Monkey King (storywise and got the :platinum:).

I think the game is pretty fun. The story was pretty good and the music was good too. The trophies related to grinding were okay. I was able to get them pretty quick.

All in all i would give the game a 8/10. And when i find the 2 DLC´s for a good price i will get them for sure. 

• Like 1

❗ Season 1 

Summary

Pretty simple Season 1 Summary from me ?! 

Only Leaderboards ?...

Trophies for first three places and cookies for everyone else who participated! (Trophy people can get a virtual cookie too ?.)

Most people who joined were active.

We lost Kishnabe in the start - we didn't get a single update post.

Not sure if AffectatiousDonk is still active - we got only one update post.

(...if my memory serves me right that is ?. If not sorry ?!)

Good job everyone! Thank you very much for participating ?!

Let's rock in Season 2 also! ?

Leaderboard by points:

Place Participant Points Trophy Country
1 (08) milk-aholic 26.5 :gold: ??
2 (06) sindrics 17.5 :silver: ??
3 (02) Spinacheq 16 :bronze: ??
4 (03) Tenzai1980 11.5 ? ??
4 (01) Arethien 11.5 ? ??
5 (10) cjninja125 10 ? ??
6 (09) gazdavis11 7 ? ??
7 (11) Gretchen27 3.5 ? ??
8 (04) willythom88 3 ? ??
9 (07) AffectatiousDonk 1 ? ??
9 (12) arsenal4life1471 1 ? ??
10 (05) Kishnabe 0

??

Leaderboard by games:

Place Participant Games Trophy Country
1 (08) milk-aholic 21 :gold: ??
1 (10) cjninja125 21 :gold: ??
2 (06) sindrics 17 :silver: ??
3 (01) Arethien 14 :bronze: ??
4 (02) Spinacheq 12 ? ??
4 (03) Tenzai1980 12 ? ??
5 (09) gazdavis11 4 ? ??
5 (11) Gretchen27 4 ? ??
6 (04) willythom88 3 ? ??
7 (07) AffectatiousDonk 1 ? ??
7 (12) arsenal4life1471 1 ? ??
8 (05) Kishnabe 0 ??
Edited by Arethien
  • Like 2

@sindrics That's sad to hear ?. I swapped your games.

@Tenzai1980 Do you still have a not reported game that you cleared last year which is eligible for points? If so report away. It won't count for any season, but will for overall. (Although I'll have to mingle a tiny bit with your part of spreadsheet again, as I already locked everything in place for it to easily work in Season 2. One of the reasons I've put a time limit on Season 1 reports - I'm not that good with google spreadsheets ?.)

Beside that... Congratulations on Season 2 first clear report! You're THE number one place on Season 2 Leaderboard now! Enjoy until it lasts! ?

On 12.1.2022 at 7:34 AM, Arethien said:

@Tenzai1980 Do you still have a not reported game that you cleared last year which is eligible for points? If so report away. It won't count for any season, but will for overall. (Although I'll have to mingle a tiny bit with your part of spreadsheet again, as I already locked everything in place for it to easily work in Season 2. One of the reasons I've put a time limit on Season 1 reports - I'm not that good with google spreadsheets ?.)

Beside that... Congratulations on Season 2 first clear report! You're THE number one place on Season 2 Leaderboard now! Enjoy until it lasts! ?

Hm, i don´t think so. I finished Undertale but under 6 hours so i think this game doesn´t count.

And yes, i am really enjoying the fact that i am first place in Season 2 :dance: everyone needs their 5 minutes fame ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have to defend my place on the throne, here some off-list games I finished In January 2022:

Arcade Spirits (PS4), finished + platinum

Took me 15 hours or so to read through the whole thing + every special occasion with the possible love interests.

Was a nice and funny VN.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS5) + Dragonborn, Hearthfire, Dawnguard, finished + platinum

Well. I own this game on every platform possible and I played it for more than 2.500 hours. I HAD to buy and play it as soon as the Anniversary Edition came up.

Love this game.

Far Cry 6 (PS5), finished + platinum

A typical Far Cry. I enjoyed it most of the time and I was really glad that the main character was able to talk (and sing!!) again.

I liked it more than Far Cry 5 but I still miss the good old FC2 - FC4 times.

• Like 2

I’d like to join! Here’s my list:

Final Fantasy XII (7% complete)

Persona 5 Royal (12% complete)

Skyrim PS5 (26% complete)

Atelier Ryza (1% complete)

Borderlands 3 (5% complete)

Destiny (5% complete)

Miles Morales (11% complete)

SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated (5% complete)

Horizon Zero Dawn (2% complete)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered (15% complete)

• Like 4

January update = decent completions to report.

Feeding Frenzy 2

0 - story

0.5 - 100% non-platinum completion

PlayStation Vita Pets

0.5 - story complete (>10hrs)

Cooking Mama: Cookstar

0 - story

0.5 - platinum earned

Feeding Frenzy 2

A simple arcade style game on the PS3 that challenges you to chomp your way up the food chain, & somehow, save the planet along the way. It came bundled in a triple pack of games with Bejewled 3 & Zuma (the best IMHO). I've been playing through the story coop bit by bit for months. The game boasts 60 levels, & two player isn't always at an advantage. Come to find out the story trophies didn't pop in multiplayer mode, so did a regular solo run, then a third time attack run. Had both those trophies glitch out. Thankfully, I just kept replaying the last level of each mode until they finally popped. It's a great coop game, not nearly as fun solo. 

Vita Pets

Reached the end of the main story this week. & even I'm surprised it clocked over the 10hr mark, then again, I've played mobile games that play faster. Pets is a cozy, pet simulator trying to catch on the Nintendo Dog train. They made it their own though, focusing more on adventuring with your puppy then just training them (but there is plenty of training to be done to progress the story). I'll be backtracking the surprisingly large map for collectibles. I hope to be done with it February. 

Cooking Mama

A Testament to the durability of PS4 controllers. I've played these on the DS, & I'm kinda wishing I had bought the Switch version here. CM is a cooking simulator that works well on touchscreens, not analog sticks. Obviously, there's no story. There wasn't much in the way of instructions either, just get cooking & don't make Mama angry (which is the best part).

That's gonna be all for this month, we'll see what the next one brings. 

• Like 2

@SmellsLikeJazz  I have you added to the spreadsheet.  Please take a look and make sure it all looks correct.  You can find a link on the first page, and happy gaming. :)

@Gretchen27 wow 3 games already nice.  I feel left behind already, :) 

I hope the year is starting well for all.  I have been playing way too much on PC and not even games that I can use for the event.  That said if anyone is interested Elite Dangerous and Crusader Kings 3 are fun and very very addictive :).  I my friend got me back into Elite Dangerous and getting my VR headset hooked up really opened that game up again.  As for crusader kings 3 well yeah I love strategy games that require me to constantly think :).

I did start back on my list last week with syberia 3.  Interesting  start we will see where this game goes.

• Like 2

First game update of the new year....  and it is only February.... wow my console gaming has fallen behind.

Complete Syberia 3 on PS4 which was on my list and I give this game a whopping 3/10.

To be honest, I ended up hating it.  The music was good, very repetitive same song over and over and over, 5 mins before the end on the last puzzle new song for 3 mins then back to the old one.  The story was alright nothing to write home about and the main character left me wondering if I wasn't the bad guy all along.  Oh we knock a enemy military solider out as we have morals, though we lie, steal, cheat, and force people to do what we want and that is A-OK.  The controls were offal and contributed to this game taking me close to 20 hours.  Yes I did read everything and try things on my own before ultimately resorting to a walkthrough as the game isn't the kind of point and click adventure where you can't mess up and not finish the game.  you can, well not by intention if you mess up the game just doesn't let you continue on, or try something else, back to the start of the puzzle and the main characters voice telling you to pay more attention to the clues in your surroundings.  Except that is almost impossible since the camera has a mind of it's own won't track you well and let you walk into areas that get you trapped cause you can't see the trash can or the rock preventing you from moving.  I particularly loved when the camera would change when you went up a set of stairs to the opposite perspective and then the controls would make you walk back down the stairs again, only to have the camera switch you get stuck in a 2 to 3 min loop of walking up and down the same set of stairs.  It was so bad of a game all I can say don't play it, please for the love of your sanity don't make the mistake I did and start it.

Ok rant done now.  Not sure if I will immediately move onto my last game on my first list, Persona 5, or do a couple of quick ones I have set aside for another event the Level up event.  I don't think any of them would count for points outside of the plats if I switched them in as they aren't very long most less than 10 hour games, but that event I need to clear 5 super common games from my backlog to start :) 

• Like 2

Hello, I'd like to join please. Here's my list, only PS4 games for now:

Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep (0%)
Greedfall (7%)
Hollow Knight (4%)
Stranded Deep (0%)
Mortal Kombat X (0%)
Remnant: From The Ashes (3%)
Resident Evil 6 (15%)
Dragon Age Inquisition (5%)
Shadow Warrior (25%)
Sniper Elite 4 (0%)

I think that MKX is a short game when it comes to the story portion but i can't tell for sure, also on RE6 i remember finishing only Leon's campaign, does that count? Let me know if you guys want me to change any of those

Edited by Phantochi
  • Like 2