Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

4 hours ago, cjninja125 said:

@Arethien Thank you, I've used this website for a while for guides and other trophy hunting help but just decided to sign up and post for this event.

I'm very excited to play the witcher 3. I've heard excellent things about it. I'm currently trying to complete the DLCs for AC Odyssey before I continue with the main story but I can switch out AC Odyssey for AC Valhalla if that would be better. I've only completed the second sequence in AC Valhalla.

Doom (2016) took me about 15 hours to beat so I imagine Doom Eternal will be similar. 

I want to play the PS3 version of Mass Effect. I've had the PS3 trilogy for years now and want to finally play through them. I also don't currently have the PS4 remaster.  

I played the witcher 3 and i can say with full confidence that this is a really really good game. I am sure you will have a lot of fun with it...and try not to get tooo lost in the Gwent card game ?

Finished the campaigns on age of wonders 3 proof here, the game was pretty fun havnt played many hex based strategies before so it was nice change from the usual ones that i play. The individual stories were good but if you chose to defect in either campaign then you get the same story just from a different view and it feels a bit samey, If i had to rate it id give it a 8/10.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Forgot to ask: i got the plat for Tokyo Xanadu eX+ yesterday. Storywise i finished 3 years ago but i played way over 10 hours the last days to get the plat. Is it a half point for the :platinum:?

Yup yup. Congratulations! ?

@sindrics Congratulations! Thanks for a short review. ?

First of all congrats on your first clears!

I started the first VN as well but I wanna finish the Spyro Trilogy first before really getting into the event. Hope I can start next week :) 

On 19.7.2021 at 9:21 PM, Spinacheq said:

Song of Memories (PS4): (:platinum: Completion Achieved)

[...]The only real complaint I had for this game was the rhythm based battle sequences.  were you had to press some buttons based as a circle closed on a button input while a virtual girl group sings. 

Just bought this one in a sale last week and didn't even know it has some rhythm game in it (I love those!). So I guess I start this one sooner than later!

On 19.7.2021 at 9:21 PM, Spinacheq said:

Deponia (PS4): (:platinum: Completion Achieved)

Another fun game, a throw back to classic point and click games like what lucas film games use to put out.  

[...]

That turned out to be the best choice as it got to laugh at some funny jokes and dialogs that I would have missed out on if I had followed the 2 hour trophy guide.  (I watched it after the fact out of curiosity.)  I would say cute game [...]

You should play the other Deponia games as well! There are 3 more games and they are all really funny and they take all longer then the first installment.

Other games from Daedalic are great as well (like Edna & Harvey, Harveys New Eyes (both pretty funny and weird as Deponia)). One of the few good game developers we got in Germany :D 

2 minutes ago, milk-aholic said:

You should play the other Deponia games as well! There are 3 more games and they are all really funny and they take all longer then the first installment.

Other games from Daedalic are great as well (like Edna & Harvey, Harveys New Eyes (both pretty funny and weird as Deponia)). One of the few good game developers we got in Germany :D 

Good to hear.  I have the first on on disc, and the second and 4th one I have as digital copies I picked up earlier this year.  Unfortunately I am having a very hard time finding a copy of the 3rd one as it was delisted in North America.  I think the Chaos on Deponia is my next game on my list to play after I finish exploring everyone has gone to the rapture.  Love these point and click adventure games and when I read you can't get stuck where you have to restart to complete the story I was, stoked to move them up my list as I could play and explore at my own pace and not follow a guide.

7 minutes ago, milk-aholic said:

I started the first VN as well but I wanna finish the Spyro Trilogy first before really getting into the event. Hope I can start next week :)

I believe your list was approved so you are already in the event.  So post when you complete the Spyro Trilogy as long you spent at least 10 hours on each game you can still get half credit, and even if you don't tell event/community what you think of the games.  I know I love to read peoples different opinions on games or read how they experienced something.  

Update time.  So I am sorry this is a two fer on the updates for me as I was feeling lazy and tired from gaming and work during the week to do one when I finished the first game.

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) :platinum: -  So for this game I will be taking no story points.  As it didn't end up being a 10 hour story for me.  Took me longer than 10 hours for the platinum but the story, (unless I want to count the 4 hours I fell alseep in the middle of the night while playing it lol) took me probably 6 to 7 hours total just exploring and experiencing the story and environment for myself.  Now this game I have a love hate relationship it now.   The story was good, and interesting seeing it from the different peoples perspectives.  I didn't mind the pace at all.  So if you can just stop there and not have to get the platinum (my mind wouldn't go for that), then it is a nice game.  I think it would have been a lot better as a VR game, so you look around and experience things in that setup it would have been great.  It was the platinum clean up that made me lose all my joy with the game.  The forced slow speed when you  would come to area with something from the story the devs wanted you to interact with.  The music you couldn't turn down or off without hitting the mute button and thus didn't know if you where triggering a phone or door that wasn't meant to open but you had to hear the try to know you got them all....  Don't get me wrong the music wasn't bad but no volume on it was very annoying, there were times I wanted to stand in the middle of the wheat field and hear breeze blow over the wheat, cause yes you could hear it.  But if you stood too long the music would pick up and drown out all other sound in an almost you aren't playing how we want get a move on it manner...  which seemed super odd to me.  Oh well it is over and while it had nice things, it had some very big flaws.  I got it for free from psplus+ so I don't feel cheated on my money just sad at how much of a loss of potential. 6/10 over all.  8/10 if you just play the story once....

Chaos on Deponia (PS4) :platinum: - Yeah so it was longer than the first and took me longer than I wanted since some of the puzzles were frustrating and I knew from the first game if you skipped them no trophy.  So A few I would spend 30 to 45 mins on.  I am not going to mention how I thought I got stuck and couldn't continue and had to restart from a previous save that was 3 hours before messed up a different long term trophy for a collectable....  grr  only to find out later on you could undo what I thought was undo able as much later in the game you learn how to undo it...  grr.  The story was fun and good sequel to the events in the first one.  Same pretty graphics that I loved from the first one, the controls seems a little more stiff in this one though, and the humor was on par to the first so I enjoyed it all.  I am glad I got this 1.95 a few months ago on a sale.  I wish I had a physical copy of 2, 3, and 4.  As it is now I have to go to PC for 3 since PS4 has scrubbed it from the face of the planet, cause some people have no sense of humor and complain about something stupid, while letting games like fallout 4 go on with actual slavers you can sell people to and make a profit from or an expansion where you side them and enslave the cities you freed in the main game....  but yeah people go after smaller devs and let the bigger ones do what they want.  sorry rant over with.  7/10 rating from me can't wait to play the rest and see how it all turns out.

• Like 1

I did it! I cleared Neverwinter main story! Good game, 7/10. My list post link.

S0eeb2d.png
36 of 96 Trophies
25th July 2021

14 areas done. Took me 3 weeks and 2 days. I played only this game! I'm proud of my own commitment to it! Such focus! Not like myself. It was hard to stick to it, but with that hammer of an incoming "overhaul" over my head, which will disable, delete or whatnot quite a few areas, I felt I had to. Hate missing out on a story. I feel tired. Not of the game, of that play routine.

Game surprised me positively.

It looks nice graphically, cell-shaded, with an amazing area design. Areas don't feel boring, just the contrary, they're interesting! There's always something to aww about. They aren't neither too small nor too big. Just right. Perfect for someone who wants to travel Faerun, well Sword Coast part of it, after reading books or playing tabletop Dungeons & Dragons. On PS4 Pro with an SSD everything was fine, but on PS4 assets load pop-up is pretty bad.

Story was ok. Not many quests and not many dialogs, but all is voiced. As for me story in the quests is not sufficient to fill my story hunger. Additional Lore parts that are scattered in the areas or pop-up automatically are a must read! Loved them. It's sad that in quest instances you can miss out on these Lore parts, as you can't return to these areas afterwards! Unless you bring someone who is on that quest and tag along with him/her. Also they can pop-up at a bad time, when you start fighting, and finding the one that just popped up afterwards in Journal - Lore isn't easy. I tried my best to find all, but I wasn't using any guide for them so probably missed a few.

Gameplay wise I liked how easy it is to target enemies with a controller. Skill cross hot bar is also so controller friendly. I had fun fighting solo and in dungeons. As a wizard I was able to solo 98% of these 14 areas. I got overpowered 2 times. Had to call my Alliance member for help. Once by goblins and then, in the very last area, by "brain dogs"... This game battle system had somekind of an overhaul recently-shly, that may be why? It's just impossible to defeat solo if there's more that 5, even weak, enemies in a pull. Dodge mechanics keeps you awake, so it's not bad, but as a wizard I could dodge only 2 times before stamina regenerate, which sometimes wasn't enough. I also had to use potions from about halfway through. I didn't feel much of a server lag, with servers being across the globe from me.

The thing that shocked me the most is that this game doesn't really support keyboard to write in chat. Seriously?! You have to first swipe touchepad to make chat window appear, then press □ to start writing, here you can type with a keyboard, and then you have to press × to send! Why not make it as it should be, enter for all? One enter to rule them all? ? It wasn't such a biggie, as I solo story played, until I had to call my Alliance for help. Then a switch to Voice Chat is a must. On a side note, Sony's OS update broke my wireless keyboard. It throws an error and doesn't work with PlayStation anymore. Very angry about that.

I won't comment too much about it being a Free-to-Pay game. I hate these, but nothing can be done about it. Came with the times I guess. I can't buy much anyway as this game is not released in Japan. 95% of in game store is account bought, so I can't share it for my main Japan account from European one I use to buy games sometimes. I got one tradable set of companions though. Companions of the Hall! I just had to ?. I'll let them have it for these 14 areas, they earned it. That's probably the first and last time they get me to buy anything, hopefully.

Game being an MMO is of course a big minus also. Haven't felt it much yet with these 14 areas, but I foresee a lot of grind and time locks. I don't want to waste my time on that. I will continue playing this game for as long as there's story to keep me, but slower. Single player games are much more gratifying with much less time spent. MMOs and "live service" games are a trap!

If anyone want a peek of how this game flows when doing storyline I streamed few last areas from start to finish on my YouTube channel.

Here: Neverwinter Arethien's YT Playlist

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1

HI there,

i got the :platinum: for Saturday Morning RPG yesterday. Not on my list here but should be a half point.

Haven´t started any game for this event yet because i am clearing up a few games for other event´s first (Gaming by no and Summer Backlog Event). But when this events are finished i think i will start with Sakuna of Rice and Ruin and Akiba´s Beat.

On 25.7.2021 at 6:51 AM, Spinacheq said:

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 

Chaos on Deponia 

Both in my Backlog and i am wanting to play them for quiet same time now. Nice to hear your thoughts on this games ☺️

19 hours ago, Arethien said:

S0eeb2d.png
36 of 96 Trophies
25th July 2021

Finished the story quit some time ago. Played the game like crazy with a few friends in 2017/2018. For the base game i am only missing the Stones and the trophy Dragon´s Bane. But with the new power scaling i don´t think that i will ever get this trophy ? Should have done the trophy before that because i was able to run the Karrundax Dungeon solo. But now it is nearly impossible to do it without a group.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tenzai1980 said:

i got the :platinum: for Saturday Morning RPG yesterday. Not on my list here but should be a half point.

Nice, added to your cleared list.  Just one minor question PS4 or Vita for Saturday Morning RPG?  Just want to credit it right on the list :) 

I finished the main story of AC Odyssey yesterday but I won't be receiving a story clear point for it because it only took me 2 hours to finish from where I left off. The end game was a lot shorter than I expected it to be. It took me about 60 hours to complete the main story, some side quests, and one part of the DLC. The world is beautiful and expansive, the story was good but weaker than other AC games, and the gameplay was good but got repetitive and the level scaling made it feel like leveling was pointless. Overall, I would rate it a 7/10. 

• Like 2

So first update, my free time is actually free time now so I can devote more time to this stuff.  I'm heading to the second dungeon in Skyward Sword at the moment.  Been playing it handheld the whole time so I've been using the R stick for combat.  All the annoyances you might have heard switching between fighting and the camera are true but not really a huge deal.

Basically, you have to hold the L shoulder button to switch between using the R stick for fighting and controlling the camera.  It's weird at first, but what's weirder is switching to another game after playing it for a few hours.  I was messing around in Saints Row the IV and kept forgetting I didn't need to hold L1 to control the camera.

I really like it so far and I'll be switching to using motion controls for awhile.  The only thing I haven't liked is flying the damn bird, and even that got pretty simple after doing it for awhile.

• Like 1

Finished White Album 2 on the PS3 yesterday.

Again not a game on my list here and i am pretty sure i was under 10 hours for this game before the :platinum: popped.

Only "read" (heared) the storyline that interested me. The rest was Autoskip. Really wish to understand japanese fully (or able to read japanese) but oh well, will have to life with what i have ?

What i understood of the story was not sooo interesting but the music was really good. I like this kind of soundtrack.

3 hours ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Really wish to understand japanese fully (or able to read japanese) but oh well, will have to life with what i have 1f605.png

You've learned to understand English, do the same with Japanese. Dictionary (or phone) in one hand, controller in the other and learn that vocabulary. With you liking Visual Novels it should come pretty naturally.

Until you achieve that ability to actually read Japanese I think we can't give you credit for Visual Novels, as they are supposed to be read, not only dialog listened.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arethien said:

Until you achieve that ability to actually read Japanese I think we can't give you credit for Visual Novels, as they are supposed to be read, not only dialog listened.

?? Ieeeeeee, jada jada jada. ? I can read Hiragana and Katakana but Kanjis are something i can´t hope to understand (nope nope). Why must the language be so complictated? Most people think that german is complictated but in regards to japanese, chinese and korean i think german is a babylanguage ?

But yeah,  contrahere to my ranting, i understand what you mean and i will try, i swear :ninja:

• Like 1

@sindrics Congrats on your clear! ? Looking at you clearing strategy games reminds me I also have a few bought on PC waiting for me. ?

I'm still stuck at Wand of Torture R. I cleared 7 routes out of 9 and all endings for them. So 1 more and... to fan disc that is also in that compilation.

Edited by Arethien

July 2021 summary for everyone! ?

We have 10 participants and 16 played games/DLCs so far.

Casual Event Spreadsheet

Leaderboard:

Place Participant Points Trophy Country
1 (02) Spinacheq 9 :gold: ??
2 (08) milk-aholic 4 :silver: ??
3 (01) Arethien 3 :bronze: ??
4 (06) sindrics 2 :hidden: ??
5 (03) Tenzai1980 1 :hidden: ??
6 (04) willythom88 0 :hidden: ??
6 (05) Kishnabe 0 :hidden: ??
6 (07) AffectatiousDonk 0 :hidden: ??
6 (09) gazdavis11 0 :hidden: ??
6 (10) cjninja125 0 :hidden: ??

I've made a few simple donuts for you: 

?

Participants-07-2021.jpg

Platforms-07-2021.jpg

Genres-07-2021.jpg

*Genre names are not in any way official or standardized. They're decided by me and highly subjective.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 3

I earned the AC Odyssey platinum yesterday. It took me about 15 hours after I beat the main story to get it with having to do side quests, collectibles, and other cleanup. I still plan on doing the DLCs which I've heard are somewhat long. Overall, still a solid game even if trying to get the platinum gets a little tedious. 

• Like 1