Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

Casual Halloween Gaming Event! ?

If interested, decide on one horror genre game you would like to play in October and it'll be added to your games list as an 11th entry for full points!

You don't have to actually clear it in October, just playing it during that month is required, you'll still get full credit once you've finished.

Play start date is decided, which is next month, October 1st. No fail starts!

Accepting entries starting now until September 30th.

*Usual event rules apply.

@Spinacheq @Tenzai1980 @willythom88 @Kishnabe @sindrics @AffectatiousDonk @milk-aholic @gazdavis11 @cjninja125 @Gretchen27

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

Do we submit a game on here and you decide if it’s classed as horror?

Pretty much yes. Not that I'll take that classification completely out of my head, I always check few sources for it and based on that decide a genre I think is just.

Since I added genres to public spreadsheet you guys can point out if I unjustly classified some genre and you don't agree with it. I'll take that into consideration ?.

42 minutes ago, milk-aholic said:

I don't think SOMA counts since it's fairly short 1f913.png

I see that this game averages from 5 to 9 hours, depending on who plays it. Not sure if 5 hours people used a guide, played it for a second time or are just pretty fast players.

It seems like a full normal game to me. If played from the beginning, not already started, I think there's no problem treating it with full credit. ?

I think that I wrote it here before, but 10 hours rule is to filter low quality/demo length games, people playing while stuck to a guide from start to finish, speed runners/skippers and people adding games they're already almost done with.

This event relies pretty heavily on honesty of it's participants, as we're not able to check everything just by looking at trophies or screenshots. Casual play of games for the sake of games themselves, not trophies, is what casual here means. ?

So even if a shorter game gets an OK, it's up to the person who played it and finished it very fast to honestly say he/she doesn't feel it was worth a point and takes a 0 for it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Arethien said:

I see that this game averages from 5 to 9 hours, depending on who plays it. Not sure if 5 hours people used a guide, played it for a second time or are just pretty fast players.

Then I never said anything ??

I thought it would only be like 5-6 hours. But then it's of course a very fine choice!

completed and plated/100% a few games.

Total war sagas: thrones of britannia (PC) : completed it on 18th august but didnt post about it as i wanted to try to get all the acheivements untill i found out alot of them are unobtainable, the game is good with different mechanics for each type of faction and its nice to see a total war centered around a british setting although a dlc to include the normans and french or norway would have been a welcomed addittion. Over all if you like total war games you would probly like this if the faction specific mechanics dont annoy you too much like wessex being limited in the number of troops they can field dependeing on war/peace status.

Watch dogs legion (PS5) : completed and platinumed on 3rd september. Watch dogs legion was honestly a bit of a drag it has a heavy political narritive (left wing anti brexit) so if thats not something you want in your games its best to avoid the game. The gameplay gets very repetitive quick with a small number of mission types and only 3 type of activities to cause each area of london to become defiant, the story is pretty boring and drags on longer than it should of in my opinion with a incredibly obvious villain reveal towards the end. The only good thing about the game is the ability to recruit almost anyone and they each have their own abilities and weapons like the nano bee drones they were fun to use on enemies.

Max Payne (PS4) : completed and 100% on 30th august. Really enjoyed this game good shooting and if im not mistaken the first game to use bullet time mechanics, the story is a pretty simple revenge tale that gets told in comic book noir scenes that honestly was very different from what i remeber it being (last time i played it was in 2007). My only complaint with this game is the movement controls can be a bit wonkey specialy with the platforming sections and it was very sensitive to being even slightly out of centre mid jump/dive would alter your direction (maybe a issue with the ps5 control being too sensitive perhaps, i tested the ps2 version on my ps2 slim and didnt have that issue). The new york minute mode wasa decent challenge but not as brutally hard as i remember it being, if you havnt played this i highly recommend it, hopefully rockstar does a remaster trilogy for the series someday all are worth playing.

il try to update when ive cleared games in future.

for the halloween event il pick The dark pictures: man of medan if its eligible, i believe each playthrough is around 6-7 hours but as il be going for the platinum it requires i think atleast 4 seperate playthroughs so around 24+ hours i think.

• Like 2

Small little update:

Been playing Fire Emblem Three Houses and I gotta say it's not bad so far.  The amount of time you spend maintaining your relationships is a bit exhausting but I do enjoy some of the simpler activities and definitely the combat.  I'm stepping back a bit from it after putting in another 10 hours because frankly the length of some of the battles (some run upwards of 45 minutes and I'm only in Chapter 6, so I'm expecting them to get a lot more time consuming later) is a bit much.  I know that's mostly on me though.

I'm now turning my attention to Lost Odyssey again.  Got the Xbox One hooked back up so I'll be jumping into that this weekend probably or maybe early morning this week.  That game is pretty tough so I doubt I'll marathon it but I'd like to at least get through the second disc before trying something else out.

• Like 2

Quick update:

I know they're not on my list, but I just got both platinums for the Lego Harry Potter collection (years 1-4 and years 5-7). They took me about 25 hours each to complete. They're both pretty standard Lego games but I enjoyed my time with them. It was fun playing in the Harry Potter world since we don't really have any other good Harry Potter games. Overall I'd give them both a 7.5/10. 

• Like 1

On 4.9.2021 at 4:59 AM, Arethien said:

1f47b.png Casual Halloween Gaming Event! 1f47b.png

If interested, decide on one horror genre game you would like to play in October and it'll be added to your games list as an 11th entry for full points!

You don't have to actually clear it in October, just playing it during that month is required, you'll still get full credit once you've finished.

Play start date is decided, which is next month, October 1st. No fail starts!

Accepting entries starting now until September 30th.

*Usual event rules apply.

@Spinacheq @Tenzai1980 @willythom88 @Kishnabe @sindrics @AffectatiousDonk @milk-aholic @gazdavis11 @cjninja125 @Gretchen27

I am in of course. My game will be CORPSE PARTY: BLOOD DRIVE. I started the game already back in December 2015 but i only have 2 trophies in the game (the last trophie achived 23 jan 2016) and haven´t touched the game ever since. If the game isn´t allowed because of that than i have a back up game: Dead or School

Edited by Tenzai1980
  • Like 1

@gazdavis11 Added SOMA to your list. I leave it to you to decide if it was a game worth points after you clear it.

@sindrics Congratulations on your clears!

Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, no steam Achievements link this time? ?

Also I'm a tiny bit confused, real-time battles and turn-based campaign... So which genre is it ?? Real Time Strategy or Turn Based Strategy? ...both?

Added The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan to your list.

@willythom88 45 minutes battles?! ?

@cjninja125 Congrats!

How many story levels LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 has? My guess is it didn't take you close to 10 hours for just story clear after you came back to this game in August? Or am I wrong and it's eligible for story point also? 25 hours to platinum in LEGO game sounds really fast ?.

@Tenzai1980 Corpse Party: Blood Drive is a Horror Action Visual Novel(?) and should be eligible by genre. Will it take you close to 10 hours from the point you are now? If yes, you can continue playing it next month. Just a reminder, Visual Novels require 100% clear for story point. Dead or School is not eligible for Halloween event because it's Moe Hack & Slash RPG, not Horror.

Edited by Arethien

6 minutes ago, Arethien said:

@Tenzai1980 Corpse Party: Blood Drive is a Horror Visual Novel and should be eligible by genre. Will it take you close to 10 hours from the point you are now?

Hm, i played maybe 15 min back then. The guide says you will need 25 hours to complete and most players in the 100% Club needed more that 2 days so i think i will be waaaayyyyy over 10 hours.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tenzai1980 said:

I am in of course. My game will be CORPSE PARTY: BLOOD DRIVE. I started the game already back in December 2015 but i only have 2 trophies in the game (the last trophie achived 23 jan 2016) and haven´t touched the game ever since. If the game isn´t allowed because of that than i have a back up game: Dead or School

I can't decide if I should play Blood Drive or the PS4 Version from the first game! Good thing I still got time to decide. 

13 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

I can't decide if I should play Blood Drive or the PS4 Version from the first game! Good thing I still got time to decide. 

The PS4 Version is japanese only right? When yes thats a shame, would like to play the first game too. Didn´t understand why they only ported the second game to the west ?

On 7.9.2021 at 8:20 AM, Tenzai1980 said:

The PS4 Version is japanese only right? When yes thats a shame, would like to play the first game too. Didn´t understand why they only ported the second game to the west 1f622.png

I just bought it and you can play it in English as well! So now we have this sweet sweet trophies not only for Blood Drive but for Blood Covered as well ?

But you have to use an Japanese Account to buy it so there's that :/

@Arethien I will also play Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita) for the Halloween Event since I can't wait to play the first game again and the first of October is still soooo far away ?

And I think it's easiest to take it as a Horror RPG ? that's short and it puts the most important genres together.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

I just bought it and you can play it in English as well! So now we have this sweet sweet trophies not only for Blood Drive but for Blood Covered as well ?

But you have to use an Japanese Account to buy it so there's that :/

Really? Wow that´s great. Then i now what i will buy when i get my hands on the next japanese psn card :dance: ( i have a japanese account :eyebrow:)

• Like 1

Mini (aren't you relieved?) Update Time:

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

Playtime: 0hrs 38mins --> 14hrs 21mins

Trophies: 3/52 (4%) --> 13/52 (18%)

I was making near daily story progress until SN6 hit me with a mini game I shouldn't have liked, fishing. It's ridiculously simple, press X to cast, press X to reel. Yet, I played it for far longer than I care to admit. I think I'm over it now because I've caught everything (I'll still need to Monster Hunter mini & large gold crowns for all fish though).

Nothing else to report for started or worked on. I've been a bad Switch owner, haven't played it in probably a month. It's hard to start another story though without finishing the current ones I'm playing. 

@Arethien As for that spooky Halloween addition, I'll go Resident Evil 3. 

I just got Corpse Party for the Vita, but I think enough people have decided to play it already. Code Vein was also on the table, reviewing my list though, I've got enough long games. 

• Like 2