Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

@milk-aholic @Gretchen27 Added your chosen Halloween games to spreadsheet.

Two Corpse Party: Blood Drive? Almost three? Why is this game so popular? ?

You guys need to tell me if it was a Moe game or not. I'm curious.

That's a very rare thing with Japanese only release having English support. ?

I myself cleared the story of Judge Eyes: Shinigami no Yuigon. Great game, 8/10.

Sb571e6.png
14 of 47 Trophies
8th September 2021

Honestly I was kind of in a hurry to clear it before 9th, for reasons ?, so I only touched sub quests that bumped into me directly. It took me about 30 hours. I still did a lot of walking instead of running though, hate to sprint through such beautiful, no actually all games. I always take my time sightseeing. 

I love how long, many and active cutscenes are in Ryu ga Gotoku studio games. It keeps me awake and interested. I have a feeling I'm probably repeating myself saying that. Also these are ones of a very very few Japanese games with adult, not teenage, cast, which is amazing! 

I haven't touched almost at all any of mini games in it. Great they are there and are made so nicely, but I'm not interested ?.

• Like 2

First of all congrats to your clear! If I'm right the Judgement series belongs to the Yakuza series right? Wanna play them but the trophy lists seem fairly hard (and long).

52 minutes ago, Arethien said:

Two Corpse Party: Blood Drive? Almost three? Why is this game so popular? 1f62f.png

You guys need to tell me if it was a Moe game or not. I'm curious.

That's a very rare thing with Japanese only release having English support. 1f914.png

And yeah it is strange that it has an English support but it's actually just a port from the vita game that was also released in the west (but back then without trophies). So I think it was easy since it already had a translation with it. Dunno why they still decided to only release it in JP.

And for the genre, if I did understand the wikipedia article right about what Moe is then it's not a Moe game ?

Theres a picture of what the first (Blood Covered) and third (Blood Drive) game looks like:

Spoiler

corpse2-groes-bild.jpg

Corpse-Party-Blood-Drive-iOS.jpeg

So I would say it's a (Survival) Horror RPG. Survival because you can die fairly easy or reach a wrong end faster than you'd like because you missed something.

Don't know for 100% what Blood Drive is like but if it's anything like the first game then it just changed from RPG Maker style to something Chibi-esque. But still brutal and bloody. 

There's also an Anime (with 4 episodes) around the first game. That's how I got into the whole series ?

Edited by milk-aholic
  • Like 2

@Arethien for me it´s simply because i don´t have many horror games ? I don´t like to play the genre myself but i like it to watch someone else paying it. I do have a few games but it takes a long time for me to play them.

And because we are talking about horror games: i finished Vampyr for another event. Got the story and Platin cleared so half point for each i think.

The story was really great and the music too. But the game has really long loading times (when you die a lot like me they drive you crazy) and the game crashed nummerus times (not so great when that happens when you barly survived a fight and you know that you have to fight the same fight again bcause of the crash ?)

• Like 2

e17916a0-7d8d-42c7-baa5-6b6c6b04ebd2.png

"Trover Saves The Universe" - Squanch Games

Finished story, 0/28 -> :platinum: 28/28 (PS4

Okay so actually this was really fun but I can't take any points for it. It was way shorter than I expected it to be and even the clears for the platinum and the DLC didn't get me near the 10 hours. It was like 7 hours max. So just you know.

I would say I choose another game so I have still 10 games in the list and we pretend like this never happened because neither could have known that this game would be this short ?

So if you guys are okay with that then I would throw Vampyr (PS4) into the ring.

But back to Trover.

It's a really funny game from one of the Rick & Morty producers. And it feels like it through the whole game. The look, the jokes, even the trophies.

The game is VR compatible and the way the tried to handle the whole "motion sickness" problem is very neat. I did try it after finishing the game but VR is just so strange ... it's just not for me except it's Beat Saber ?

Like the game title already says: Trover is going to save the universe. Trover is the violet fella in the picture above - but we don't play Trover, at least not the way you would think. So the character we play and Trover visit different worlds, doin' some stuff to save the universe and yeah... That's it.

• Like 2

Another quick update: 

I just got the platinum trophy for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. It certainly took me over ten hours because I was stuck on one mission for at least 6. This game is still one of the best call of duty games to date and I had a great time getting the platinum. Overall I'd give the game an 8.5/10 even though veteran difficulty is frustrating at times. 

• Like 2

Quick Update: Didn't finish any of the games on my list but I did finish a few games though!

Deadpool (PS3)

finally finished the game after almost 2 years. 11/51 -> :platinum: 51/51

Life is Strange: True Colors (PS4)

beautiful game - in my opinion the best LiS so far. Also finished it for PS5 but the second run only took me 6 hours. 0/41 -> :platinum: 41/41

Corpse Party BR (PS4)

loved it. Played it for the Vita a few years ago and now took the chance to play it again with trophies. Wonderful. Can't wait to play Blood Drive for the ? Halloween Event ? !! 0/51 -> :platinum: 51/51

Edited by milk-aholic
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

Quick Update: Didn't finish any of the games on my list but I did finish a few games though!

Deadpool (PS3)

finally finished the game after almost 2 years. 11/51 -> :platinum: 51/51

Life is Strange: True Colors (PS4)

beautiful game - in my opinion the best LiS so far. Also finished it for PS5 but the second run only took me 6 hours. 0/41 -> :platinum: 41/41

Corpse Party BR (PS4)

loved it. Played it for the Vita a few years ago and now took the chance to play it again with trophies. Wonderful. Can't wait to play Blood Drive for the 1f47b.png Halloween Event 1f47b.png !! 0/51 -> :platinum: 51/51

Congrats to the 3 finished games. Bought Corpse Party BR (PS4) yesterday. Any missable trophies? Played it a little on my jap. account and loved it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Congrats to the 3 finished games. Bought Corpse Party BR (PS4) yesterday. Any missable trophies? Played it a little on my jap. account and loved it. 

Ehm yeah there are a few things that you have to look out for!

Spoiler

Watch all cutscenes in the beginning of an chapter. Do not skip!

In Chapter 3 you have to save Naomi from hanging herself.

In Chapter 4 when you have to bring back the tongues of the two kids you need to have both before giving them back. Giving them back one at a time makes the "Tongue Tied"-trophy missable. 

In Chapter 5, with Ayumi and Yoshiki, make sure to make a save in front of the room where blood will splatter against the windows before you enter. Don't overwrite it! Get the Bad End in there first and then move on normally. You need the Bad End to unlock Extra Chapter 15.

On 16.9.2021 at 8:57 AM, milk-aholic said:

Ehm yeah there are a few things that you have to look out for!

Reveal hidden contents

Watch all cutscenes in the beginning of an chapter. Do not skip!

In Chapter 3 you have to save Naomi from hanging herself.

In Chapter 4 when you have to bring back the tongues of the two kids you need to have both before giving them back. Giving them back one at a time makes the "Tongue Tied"-trophy missable. 

In Chapter 5, with Ayumi and Yoshiki, make sure to make a save in front of the room where blood will splatter against the windows before you enter. Don't overwrite it! Get the Bad End in there first and then move on normally. You need the Bad End to unlock Extra Chapter 15.

Thank you. Will try to keep an eye out for the missables

Finished Nexomon:Extinction for another event. Took me 51 hours or so to finish completly. The last Nexomon (Bolzen) took me over 4 hours to catch. That was driving me crazy.

But all in all i would recommend this game: If you like Pokemon you will love this game. To tell the truth, i like Nexomon more because the dialogs were great and made me laugh a lot

• Like 2

Progress Update (too lazy to pull screenshots, next round I will):

Still haven't started another new game yet, guess that'll be my Halloween game in October. I have gone back to a PS4 title. 

La0e50e.png

Need for Speed Payback 

Like the Fast & Furious franchise, they just keep coming. 

Playtime: 10hrs 33mins --> 22hrs 48mins

Trophies: 19/58 (26%) -->37/58 (52%) 

It's clear to me now why I took a break from this one. Drifting challenge + broken leveling progression = rage deletion. 

NFS has been a top racing series for me to play since at least my DS days, maybe earlier. What I'm getting at is that I'm not a clueless newbie. I've been through the glitches of solid objects popping in late while driving at high speeds, the purposefully reckless AI, & the endless rubber banding races. I'm more like a masochistic novice at this point. 

I love to hate this series' faults; from the absolutely, viciously BS cop AI in Rivals, to the cringe worthy live action cutscenes in NFS 2015. On the whole though, I equally love it as a solid racing game. I'm already eyeing Heat, but I won't buy it until I finish Payback. 

First off, in terms of story point eligibility for this event, I dug into the menu upon starting this up again & found my playtime (the first time - which I will provide a screenshot of). This weekend I tore through this game, already clocking over the 10hr mark with main story still to complete. It's all thanks to the broken leveling. 

Cars in NFS level up performance wise based on parts. & parts themselves have their own leveling value. It sounds convoluted, but really, it's just a matter of buying or earning parts at level 1, then level 2, & so on. Then equipping them. It's random what you get at the end of races, & expensive to go the buying route. Add to that the story races jump radically up in recommended levels, & this makes grinding money or repaying races a necessity to progress. I think this has been the most uneven system I've played in a NFS game. 

Aside from that, it's a good game. I wouldn't call it graphically improved from earlier titles, but someone tried with the story (think Ocean's Eleven meets The Transporter). The map is sizable, yet not a bore to drive. Music is, as always, on point for driving like you stole it. 

Like I mentioned, I'm over that old hurtle. My cars are maxed out for performance, it's a matter of winning those remaining races with a bit of skill & luck. Also, in a nice turn of fortune, a special edition DLC upgrade is available in the PSN store right now. Under $3 & I've now got what I need to wrap up the DLC trophies as well. I'm probably gonna knock those out this week with the online portion. Expect a first story completion possibly this weekend! Earning 3 stars on all activities for the platinum.... yeah... I'll get back to y'all on that. 

& as for my other in progress game: 

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

A genie answered my wish, now I have to pay it back. 

Playtime: 14hrs 21mins --> 32hrs 48min

Trophies: 13/52 (18%) -->24/52 (35%) 

Anyone remember when I mentioned how I liked the battles & wished there was more? Well, I got my wish. 

The pacing in this game is seriously off kilter. A chapter used to take me about an hour; that includes: reading the main story, side stories, & beating all available optional battles. Then after a major turning point in the story, battles & side stories just rained down. It's at least doubled my chapter completion times. 

Though I will say, the side stories are getting more humorous as we go along & I learn more about the many, many (up to 24 at the moment) characters. Battles seem longer, too. & since there's no current guide available, I can't risk skipping one & potentially missing out on a chest collectible. I know I'll need multiple playthroughs, but those I'd like to just be story focused if it can be helped. 

My progress for this game will likely slow some as a good power leveling spot has been suggested to me. Time to grind for the end game. 

• Like 1

I'm so late with updates and responses. Very sorry for that! ?

I'm trying to stay focused on playing certain new released game, miraculously almost done. Used all my free time to play. I tried to stay off the net as much as possible. Really wanted to go in completely totally blind. Haven't even peeked at a trophy list of it. I think I'll be doing that from now on. Knowing trophy list in advance kind of influences how you (I) play a game, so it's much more enjoyable for me not knowing what's in there.

I have preordered one more freshly baked game which releases on 30th of this month, so... I may be tiny bit "busy" again.

I was, still am, interested in next Judgment game... but three new releases in one month is to much! We'll see when I'll grab that.

I usually don't buy games on release, or even close to it, but with my never ending backlog I decided to treat myself with actually new fresh games without adding them to my backlog list down the line. It's a real challenge to play one game at a time! With current one I didn't feel any burn out and need to switch to different game ?. Playing new releases should keep my morale up, not worrying so much of when I'll finally get to play them. This goes for series with many games in them. If a new game is not story related I'll be grabbing the newest ones from now on. ?

@milk-aholic Updated and added your games to spreadsheet. Congrats on clears!

About your Trover Saves The Universe game, what happened with it is actually covered by our event rules. It's still a clear worthy of a cross-out, it just gets 0 points for both, story and plat. It won't disappear from your 10 games list, you'll just be over with it faster. We already have such 0 point games on others lists and there'll be more for sure. Don't worry about it. As we don't give any additional points for a 10 games list complete it doesn't give any unfair advantage if too short games are on given lists.

You actually didn't play it in VR fully, but it got me thinking if VR games should have additional rule with length requirement. Not only most of them are shorter, but also it's hard to play in VR for a long period of time for most people. With this being a casual event we maybe should soften the rules for them. Just a thought for now.

For the other games you cleared, I hope I didn't make any mistakes with points given. My mind is still with the game I'm playing now, so this spreadsheet update is hard for me! ?

@cjninja125 Congrats on your plat!

@Tenzai1980 Congrats on your clear!

Similarly, if you guys notice any mistakes on event spreadsheet give me a poke. ?

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Arethien said:

You actually didn't play it in VR fully, but it got me thinking if VR games should have additional rule with length requirement. Not only most of them are shorter, but also it's hard to play in VR for a long period of time for most people. With this being a casual event we maybe should soften the rules for them. Just a thought for now.

For the other games you cleared, I hope I didn't make any mistakes with points given. My mind is still with the game I'm playing now, so this spreadsheet update is hard for me! ?

Yeah that is a good thought. Thankfully the game can be played with or without VR that's the reason why I played it fully without and just tested it later.

I think maybe a game around 6-7 hours is more doable in fully VR. But I haven't played much on it so I don't know for sure ?

For the genre I think Trover is more like a Action Platformer. It's killing lots of enemies and jumping around and stuff like that.

And the points look about right ?

• Like 1

Done it! Full clear of Tales of Arise! Great game, 8/10.

S2615e8.png
All 48 Trophies
23rd September 2021  Platinum in 1 week, 6 days

Took me 130 hours... ?? Pretty crazy pace it was.

25 hours in battles, 427,029 m walked distance and I think I did talk to every NPC every time their dialogs changed. Got most of treasure chests and items.

I haven't looked* at any guide or even a trophy list while playing. Everything is easy enough to discover by the player, which is great.

*Tiny correction to above. I did miss 2 treasure chests, so I googled them somehow afterwards, then went and picked them up.

With items I'm actually missing 7, no idea what they are, as I've made all weapons and accessories, dishes and bought all equipment... ?  

• Like 4

Time for a small update.  Haven't gotten much more done on this event but I am still very much in it...to...not win it?  Awful word play aside.

I have been going through a serious thing since finishing Skyward Sword.  I bought Twilight Princess and while I don't like it nearly as much, I have been burning into it.  Done with the first temple.

I've also been working on the ultra Rare Cleanup with Outland, which I'm almost done with.

However...

I'm at the tail end of disc one of Lost Odyssey.  It's definitely up there in terms of difficult turn based RPGs.  If you've played Final Fantasy 8 or 10 I'd put it a bit above those in terms of difficulty.  Maybe even Persona 4 (I'm no where near as far into that one though, so I'm hesitant to make the comparison).  It's still one of the best Xbox exclusives ever though, I feel very comfortable saying that.  

• Like 1

Hi all, 

Sorry I have been gone so long, it feels like forever since I was last on my ps4 or any other gaming system.  I finally got a chance to setup my ps4 last night so I might be able to get to playing a game here soon.  My new desk arrived early and I spent the thursday and friday (when not working) putting it together and setting up my PC.  The move was exhausting, but I am glad to be here in Wyoming now.  The views are spectacular and the night sky...  well it is amazing how many stars you can see when not in a major light polluted city.  I was hoping to be online with more than my work laptop sooner, but the movers took the full 2 weeks in the contract to get our stuff here.  I was catching up on the event here and it is great to see it doing well.  Thanks a million @Arethien for holding the fort down and keeping this going.  I I look forward to jumping in games again and having chance to catch up to all of you.  While I might not be exactly back in the game playing state yet, with my desktop up and running, and my at home office coming together nicely I will have plenty of time to jump back into the forums and help out, chat, and read about all the gaming adventures we are all taking.  

If anyone has any questions about the move or the new office, (game room has to wait until ceiling damage in the closet gets fixed) is going feel free to ask.  

Talk to you all later.

-Spinach

• Like 2

@Spinacheq Welcome back!

It felt very long, but even now you are still second on our leaderboard ?.

I cleared Tales of Destiny 2! Two Tales of in one month! What a Tales of maniac I am! ?

Well... Destiny 2 wasn't from zero. Took me 73 hours to clear. Uh, don't remember how long since I picked it up after Arise... Like 20 maybe... ?

Proof on my YT channel. ? 

It dragged a little for me... Battle system and equipment system didn't really fit with me. I power smashed it while being awful at it. Still, good game, 7/10.

• Like 1

I got the platinum for God of War 3 Remastered on Friday. It took me about 15 hours since I had to do another playthrough, a challenge mode, and do a section of the game without dying. This game is still one of the best to come from the PS3 generation. Overall I'd give it a 9/10. I got the God of War platinum today. It only took me about 8 hours since I had already earned most of the trophies and just had to do a speedrun and other clean up. I'd give it a 7.5/10 since the gameplay holds up well, the graphics don't hold up as well as some other games from its time, but overall is still a fantastic game. I have now earned the platinum in every God of war game to date. I know I haven't had many story clears recently but I wanted to finish up the trophies and get the platinum in some of the games I've had for a while. I've been playing a variety of games but I'll probably be back to more regular story clears after I get platinum number 50. 

• Like 4

Ok, so I went back on this a little bit.  I'm over halfway through Fire Emblem.  Amazing game.  I wish it was a little harder ( playing on normal and casual ) but I am doing everything before moving on so I might be responsible for that.  

I'm going to get back into Trials of Mana or Lost Odyssey once it's done.

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 2

@willythom88 Great to hear you're having fun with Fire Emblem ☺️.

I'm about 40 hours in The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki and I love it ?! The more I play the more I'm into it.

I probably should wait with my opinion until I finish it, but...

Story wise, it surprised me greatly with how mature it is. I honestly didn't expect such colorful cartoon game to have Yakuza level seriousness. World backstory, main story, sub quests, all is nicely written with very little of "That's silly!" moments.

NPCs who change their places and dialogs with each story progress is also what gives the game more life like feel. You can see a progress in what not quest giving NPCs do in their lives.

Graphically, NPCs looks, although cartoonish, are in a way realistic. So many variations in hairstyles, beards and fashion. There are also NPCs with different body types. Not only very slim or very fat, but also in the middle. That's still pretty rare in cartoons.

Graphics overall is still not next gen level, but pretty enough. You can see through windows to/from buildings you can enter! Very importantly scale of the world objects to in game characters is right! ...in Tales of Arise it was so off! These huge chairs and other enormous furniture hurt my eyes, which is not the case here. Also environment storytelling is good. You can feel world is, can be, lived in. Beds, bathrooms, toilets, kitchen, many various containers, many doors even if you can't open them, other buildings in a city etc. Again I'll compare to Tales of Arise, where these things weren't there, and it was so obviously omitted that even my imagination had problems with filling in the gaps how people possibly can live there. Also the eye sore copy pasted objects it Tales of Arise... Here it's not so obvious.

Tiny detail objects, for example spoons on the tables, are still not present, which takes a little from immersion. Also not reflective glass, mirrors and floors got my attention, as even in 2D Tales of on PSP I had that. Optimalization problems?

Food looks so beautiful and delicious in game, that it makes playing hungry very dangerous ?! I'm already planning to go to Kyoto to eat something I saw in game.

Enemy design leaves an impression. It's memorable. I prefer it here from Tales of. Although that may just be my taste.

A negative for me is that there are still characters I think should be older. Having a 13 year old party member and hearing that 25 year old is an uncle level adult with so much life experience will always feel off to me.

I would also like to have more voice acting present. At least full voice for main story. It's funny when in a cutscene only one character is voiced. Better than nothing I guess...

As of now it's an amazing 9/10 game for me. Mainly because of how serious the writing and world building is.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 2

ive been playing hitman 2 alot recently and am just wondering what would count as 100% as alot of the trophy lists are for either dlc like New York, Haven Island, himmelstein, Hantu Port, Siberia and Singapore, then you have lists for each legacy maps (maps from the first game) paris, Sapienza, marrakesh, bankok, colorado, hakkido and the bonus missions. So would it be fair to say the lists needed for 100% would be: base game, hawkes bay, miami, mumbai, santa fortuna, whittletone creek and isle of sgail as they are all the levels that are part of the story of the game? not sure why they are listed as dlc packs on psnprofiles as the game was released complete and not episodic like the 2016 hitman game.