Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

I story cleared The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki. It took me... 228 hours. Amazing game, 9/10! I love it! ?

S42902e.png
39 of 53 Trophies
2nd November 2021

Now I'll probably finish Yu no Hana Spring, as it's still inside my Vita, and then start The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki. I already played it a little when I bought my Vita 3 years ago, but I'll probably start from the beginning, as these games are VERY story heavy, so I probably don't remember all sub NPCs daily troubles after such a long break.

• Like 2

@Arethien  I knew some of them wouldn't count but I wanted to post them to keep track of what I had completed. Apologies for not using bold, I will do that in future update posts. I typically post the clear time since joining the event. I switch between games a lot and have only really been keeping track of the amount of time I played each one since joining the event. 

• Like 1

First off my apologizes to @Tenzai1980 I didn't realize that Nexomon was a different game from  the extinction one when you posted.  It completely slipped by me. 

Please everyone if I or @Arethien miss something please let us know.  Mistakes can happen and we both want this to be a fun event and enjoyable environment so if you think we made a mistake please let one of us know so we can take another look.  Thanks :) 

@milk-aholic Congrats on the completions.  I have updated your games.  I saw Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! on your cleared list already, added at the same time as Alan Wake Remastered.  At least this was a PS4 version, if the one you listed in the post is different please let me know.  I put Yomawari: Midnight Shadow down as the Vita version for record keeping, I assumed since the other one was vita only you played them both on vita, if you played the ps4 version please let me know and I will update it.    Last of Us Remastered you got points for platinum, I didn't award any points for the DLC since the game was already out of list, it would be .25 for the dlc complete and @Arethien can correct me if I am wrong here we are not doing quarter (0.25) points.    

@cjninja125 Congrats on a lot of AC game clean up, that is an achievement in it own right imho :).  I went and did a look over like @Arethien asked and I awarded you the points for platinums on Syndicate and Revelations since I know from personal playthroughs of AC games the plats are usually clean up collections and running all around the place, and while it might feel less time to do it, I know it can actually take longer.  

Again if anyone feels we made a mistake please let us know and we can take another look.  We really want this to be a fun event.  

• Like 2

Hi all here is a game completion update for me that should have gone in last week when I finished and platinumed the game but yeah well I forgot lol.

L2ac027.png

Y's VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4) :  This was a fun JRPG with a nice story that kept me entertained.  It was pretty nice play through on easy mode for the story part of the game where I didn't have to worry about trophies or battles too much.  The music was nice and the characters all had they nice roles to play with none of them feeling like they blended into the environment.  The Plat for this game was well a waste of time.  You have to get the true ending on Nightmare difficulty and while this isn't too hard with NG+ carry over, it just seemed to drag on since I had just beat the story and there were parts where the first time through it was exciting and new, and the second time was like ok I know this can I skip this part please?  Overall not a bad a game 7/10 rating a definite play if you don't care about the platinum.

Also I noticed that I never updated that I finished Beast Quest back in july.  I guess with everything going on and all excitement of getting ready to move, trying to finish up Gaming By numbers event, I posted about completing the game else where but not here.  my bad.  It was a fun enough game with a lot of flaws but that is to be expected from a newer developer without a huge team.  I can't remember off the top of my head how many hours it took me as I did over 2 days.  I believe it was between 10 and 12 hours though if my failing memory is to be trusted.  

I will let @Arethien update my entries as I don't feel right adding my own.  :) 

• Like 2

@Spinacheq We actually do award quarter (0.25) points for Out of List DLC story or 100% clear ?. Our Sample User on the Spreadsheet always had 0.25 listed for it's sample Out o List DLC clear. It also had 1 point given for one of it's Listed DLCs, which was a mistake I fixed now ?.

It hasn't popped on anyone's list up until now, because the only *EDIT* people who informed about Out of List DLC clear was me *EDIT* and you. It took me only 3 hours to story clear it *EDIT* and your clear time was also too short, so it wasn't eligible for any points.

The Last of Us Remastered: Grounded Mode (DLC) theoretically should count as it has it's own trophy list, is about clearing a story and has Grounded and Grounded Plus two trophies, not sure what's the difference, but... It's kind of very greyish area with these tiny additional trophy lists. Is it really a DLC? You're actually clearing base game story again just on a lot harder difficulty. Not really a new game content, more like an update?

When setting the rules about listing DLCs as separate entries for half points I had more in mind expansion like DLCs. It's even listed as Expansions/DLCs in opening post. As these are like new tiny game additions. That's why they have to follow the same rules as game listings to be eligible. These new DLC trophy lists that just add a mode or other strange thing probably shouldn't be counted as separate.

5 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

here is a game completion update for me that should have gone in last week when I finished and platinumed the game but yeah well I forgot lol.

Even you, @Spinacheq ?! October clears are already locked ?. Donuts will pop sometime this month when I'll find the will and time to "bake" them.

@Spinacheq You're free to update your own entries after you post them in event thread, no problem with that ☺️.

I find it a lot easier to update my own games, as I know how long I played and what genre it is without any additional checks ?.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 3

I story cleared and platinumed Yu no Hana Spring!. It was a good game, 7/10.

It lacked in stimulation department for me, as caring for hot springs hotel in normal world without any terrible happenings is pretty bland. May be nice for someone who doesn't like any fantasy, sci-fi and want to play something not stressful.

S86b304.png
All 34 Trophies
3rd November 2021  Platinum in 2 months, 4 weeks

I did restart The Legend of Herores: Sora no Kiseki yesterday. It looks like I made it to second chapter before. I won't be looking at my save how much it took me then. Better not to know how many hours I'm wasting by playing from the beginning again ?.

DSC-0404.jpg

I will play some other game/games at the same time this time, but I'll try to keep this one as my main time consumer.

I probably should try and focus on my given list games ?...

• Like 3

And again I cause a lot of confusion ??

@Spinacheq you wrote down everything perfectly correct. I totally forgot to add on which platform I was playing but you rocked it. (And adding Doki Doki twice was also completely my fault xD sometimes I don't only cause confusion but confuse myself ?)

On The Last of Us, I'm completely fine with it only counting as getting the platinum! 

The DLC list is extra but like @Arethien said it's just the main game on extra hard difficulty xD (the Plus just means that you took all your upgrades from a former playthrough and don't start with zero upgrades).

Just added it because the 100% in total and I just finished the game on Grounded+ so all other difficulty related trophies popped as well (ending in getting the platinum since you have to play it on hard and survivor as well (the former highest difficulty)).

I like the thought that only DLCs with real content bring points since "DLC" lists like that only end up being one rushed playthrough since it's at least the second time playing the game/campaign (Far Cry 5, Zero Horizon Dawn for example).

Took me 16 hours though. Just tough as f*** and knowing that I gotta do this for The Last of Us Part II as well almost makes me wanna cry ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Arethien said:

I story cleared and platinumed Yu no Hana Spring!. It was a good game, 7/10.

It lacked in stimulation department for me, as caring for hot springs hotel in normal world without any terrible happenings is pretty bland. May be nice for someone who doesn't like any fantasy, sci-fi and want to play something not stressful.

S86b304.png
All 34 Trophies
3rd November 2021  Platinum in 2 months, 4 weeks

I did restart The Legend of Herores: Sora no Kiseki yesterday. It looks like I made it to second chapter before. I won't be looking at my save how much it took me then. Better not to know how many hours I'm wasting by playing from the beginning again 1f605.png.

DSC-0404.jpg

I will play some other game/games at the same time this time, but I'll try to keep this one as my main time consumer.

I probably should try and focus on my given list games 1f602.png...

Your Vita commitment makes me jealous.  Big fan of the Vita myself.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, Arethien said:

@Spinacheq We actually do award quarter (0.25) points for Out of List DLC story or 100% clear 1f642.png. Our Sample User on the Spreadsheet always had 0.25 listed for it's sample Out o List DLC clear. It also had 1 point given for one of it's Listed DLCs, which was a mistake I fixed now 1f605.png.

It hasn't popped on anyone's list up until now, because the only *EDIT* people who informed about Out of List DLC clear was me *EDIT* and you. It took me only 3 hours to story clear it *EDIT* and your clear time was also too short, so it wasn't eligible for any points.

See it is mistakes like this as to why I should never move again.... lol.  OF course I will have to move again in the next year or so, but luckily it will only be a local move, as we are renting right now, and the whole point of the move to a cheaper state was to be able to buy a house.  Though the plan this time will be to move with the help of friends and family so it wont be just me and my wife lol. 

My apologizes @milk-aholic@Arethien, and anyone I may have confused with my above statement, I thought remembered it 1 way and it turns out I should have gone back and reread it lol.  

On 11/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, Arethien said:

October clears are already locked 1f636.png

Yeah, I realized this from your message about the stats, it tricked the part of my brain controlled by my OCD that was screaming at me to go back and look cause I forgot something and I had better correct it no even I already messed up the donuts ? 

Finished an off list game, that initially I didn't think would count as I heard it wasn't a long game.  But since I wasn't using a guide for playing through it and I wanted to just chill and explore the environment I ended up taking 12 hours-ish to complete the first playthrough.  So the story isn't bad, especially for an indie studio, it was a bit fun and I laughed at a lot of the side jokes and IRL references.  I will say after you complete the first playthrough the 2nd has some very subtle hints to at least one of the 3 endings.  Though 2 of them are pretty similar.  What I didn't like was the controls were a bit... ok a lot of crap really.  For basically walking sim/visual novel it the pathing was almost garbage.  I even didn't count the hour I lost thanks to a bug at a point in that makes doing anything but deleting your save and starting over possible.  Thankfully PS+ auto-uploaded my save when I quit the game the evening before, so I really only lost an hour of my time.  The voice acting was good, and the music was pretty decent, though it loses points for being a little repetitive at times.  overall for 2.99 I spent on it not bad, I would say 5/10 rating.  (I wanted to give it higher but the controls and bugs really brought down the enjoyment and would kill the humor when it was hitting just right.)

Le33515.png

• Like 1

On 07/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, Spinacheq said:

Finished an off list game, that initially I didn't think would count as I heard it wasn't a long game.  But since I wasn't using a guide for playing through it and I wanted to just chill and explore the environment I ended up taking 12 hours-ish to complete the first playthrough.  So the story isn't bad, especially for an indie studio, it was a bit fun and I laughed at a lot of the side jokes and IRL references.  I will say after you complete the first playthrough the 2nd has some very subtle hints to at least one of the 3 endings.  Though 2 of them are pretty similar.  What I didn't like was the controls were a bit... ok a lot of crap really.  For basically walking sim/visual novel it the pathing was almost garbage.  I even didn't count the hour I lost thanks to a bug at a point in that makes doing anything but deleting your save and starting over possible.  Thankfully PS+ auto-uploaded my save when I quit the game the evening before, so I really only lost an hour of my time.  The voice acting was good, and the music was pretty decent, though it loses points for being a little repetitive at times.  overall for 2.99 I spent on it not bad, I would say 5/10 rating.  (I wanted to give it higher but the controls and bugs really brought down the enjoyment and would kill the humor when it was hitting just right.)

Le33515.png

you didn’t say what the name of the game was!

I have now rolled credits on Soma and got the 100% completion for the game.  Took a good 10 hours to complete but enjoyed it. I'm not normally one for horror or survival horror games and whilst this is pretty tame compared to most in this genre it did have some creepy moments.  Weird storyline but a pretty good game, would rate around 6.5-7/10

• Like 2

Necromnda hired gun PS5: completed and platinumed (out of list) Necromunda is basically a doom 2016 clone set in the warhammer 40k universe with worse controls to implament executions and barely a story but like doom it has fast paced action that incentivises you to keep moving and to be agressive, while the games has a fair few issues its ultimatly a pretty fun shooter and id recommend it to people looking for a fps thats similar to the recent doom games.

Getting back to games on my list now.

Nier replicant ps4: completed story, completed story a and kinda lost interest after that as alot of the later endings are just replaying same content with very little change. While at first i was enjoying it but the monotinous nature of both side quests and story quests quickly brought boredom and annoyance at how quite a bit of the story is told through black screens with text just dumped on you screen after screen, it really feels like they made the game to be as annoying as possible with the main characters even complaining about the quests and how they are structured. The combat is alright although later armored enemies can feel a bit spongy if you dont upgrade weapons and the rng to get the items to upgrade the weapons was so low in chance and the means to get certain items like the eagle egg just made me want to headbutt the screen to the point i just gave up, the characters were likably and had good chemistry especially grimoire weiss and kaine, their banter was always entertaining.

All in all i cant really recommend it as it becomes so monotomous it feels like a chore, id recommend nier automata instead as it did not get boring at all and is superior in every way as it was made in 2017 and nier replicant is a remake of nier which was made in 2010, if hadnt have played automata i may have enjoyed this a bit more but then i was so bored by the end  i probly wouldnt have played automata and i consider that to be atleast a 9/10 maybe even a 10/10.

• Like 2

It's taking much more time and energy than I anticipated, so a small update where I disappeared.

I got one of my TVs replaced by warranty, which caused my TV stand to not be long enough for them. I'm trying to DIY to fix it and as of right now I still have no displays connected. So no PC or home consoles for about a week already and continuing.

Very late summary time for October (10.2021)

Participants numbers haven't changed. At least in thread activity ?.

One active person, me, didn't finish any game. I was close though! At least one person forgot to give update of a clear in time for my month lockdown. Which is why donuts and leaderboard are inaccurate again ?.

Our absent user never came back to this thread after giving us his list. Probably changed his mind about participating in this event?

Participants-10-2021.jpg

Leaderboard October (10.2021):

Place 

Participant                  

Points  Games  Country 
1 (08) milk-aholic 22 3 (6) ??
2 (06) sindrics 12.5 4 ??
3 (02) Spinacheq 11 0 (1) ??
4 (03) Tenzai1980 9.5 1 ??
5 (01) Arethien 6 0 ??
6 (09) gazdavis11 5 1 ??
7 (10) cjninja125 4 6 ??
8 (04) willythom88 2 1 ??
9 (07) AffectatiousDonk 1 0 ??
9 (11) Gretchen27 1 1 ??
10 (05) Kishnabe 0 0 ??

Leaderboard Current (22.11.2021):

Place Participant Points Trophy Country
1 (08) milk-aholic 24.5 :gold: ??
2 (02) Spinacheq 16 :silver: ??
3 (06) sindrics 15.5 :bronze: ??
4 (03) Tenzai1980 9.5 :hidden: ??
5 (01) Arethien 8.5 :hidden: ??
6 (09) gazdavis11 7 :hidden: ??
7 (10) cjninja125 6.5 :hidden: ??
8 (04) willythom88 2 :hidden: ??
9 (07) AffectatiousDonk 1 :hidden: ??
9 (11) Gretchen27 1 :hidden: ??
10 (05) Kishnabe 0 :cross: ??

Platforms-10-2021.jpg

Platforms-07-10-2021.jpg

I won't be posting genre donuts this month and starting next month I probably need to think of some new summary format.

Current one takes too much of manual work and is very prone to user error. If it was prepared as event spreadsheet, where most of things are auto filled... ?

• Like 2

I story cleared and platinumed The Order: 1886. It only took me about 8 hours but it was an enjoyable experience. I'd give it an 8/10. I also story cleared and platinumed Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory. It took me about 20 hours to clear the story and a total of 50 to earn the platinum. It was a fantastic rhythm game that added to the story of Kingdom Hearts 3. I'd give it a 9/10. 

• Like 2

@cjninja125 Congrats! Thanks for bold text ?.

I gave you points for both story and platinum of The Order: 1886 as you played the whole game after your event join and because it's probably a horror game category, which are shorter while still being a full developed games. Nice you gave it a high rating, as from what I remember that game got flamed for... being too short.

I suspected as much, but it's good to know that Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory touches upon Kingdom Hearts III story,

Hi all, finally an update, last 2 weeks prior to this current one, have been busy with work and I just didn't know what to play.  Though I finally have an update...  well  a mini update hehe.  Finished the last DLC for AC3 on PS3.  Now that game is at 100%.  It wasn't on my list, nor did it take me 10 hours, at least I don't think it did probably more like 6 or 7 with all the swearing and frustration of bad controls.  I swear they must have given up on the game by the 3rd DLC cause you the controls seemed to lag compared to when I would go into the main game and practice counters and fighting mobs of enemies.  I am just glad to have that monkey off my back.  I also started up the 3rd game in the deponia series.  After a friend pointed out that it might still be available on the asian market places, and sure enough I found it on the hong kong one.  I would use my swap but I just want to enjoy the story and a few laughs so I am using a walkthrough to not miss any trophies so I don't expect it to take me more than 9 or so hours, probably less.  For the first 2 games I explored the options and just played it blind, then would clean up afterwards.  This time I just wanted a fun quick game to play, sometimes you just need that.

Oh and I picked a few new games on the black friday sales, I know I still have tons to play.  Who can say no to games for $15 dollars or less.  I think Neo the world ends with you was 30 and the most I paid for a game over the last 2 days hehe.  Though I did get Dark Alliance for ps4, @Arethien did I make a big mistake getting that one?  

Dropping in for a progress report. Spoiler alert: I won't have anything to cross off this month. It's been hectic lately, but I'm getting back to gaming. Here's where I'm at:

NFS Payback: has taken a backseat, or more like completely stalled out. I was just over half way done earning all possible stars. All jumps & speed traps have been completed to three stars. Just speed zones & drift zones left, when I get back to racing. 

Summon Night 6: clocking in at 55hrs now. I've conquered the Endless Domain (a 60 floor monstrosity of a dungeon that makes an excellent power leveling spot). I'm max leveling some of those 30+ characters now & then I'll go back to the main story. I'm on chapter 21 of 25... maybe? A guide was published on the site this month (finally!) that slates the game as a 200hr platinum. So, I'm a quarter way done. 

Resident Evil 3: takes longer to finish than I was anticipating from the critical reviews. I haven't looked at the in game time lately, but I'm guessing I've played 5-6hrs. Unclear yet if it'll meet the 10hr requirement for a story point. 

Pokémon Sword: I'm stuck (read as: unwilling to leave) the first open area. Seeing all the Pokémon viewable in the different environments is hard to leave. 

~Off the list~

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond: I bought the double pack, & shamefully, I've played maybe an hour of this one. It's tough juggling two Pokémon games at once. 

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memories: been spending time playing this with a family member. Progress is slow, but fun, with lots of replays.

Cooking Mama Cookstar: another game to play with family. I've got a lot to go back & perfect in the recipes, but this might be my next completion. I keep finding myself going back to play it. 

I think that about covers it for the month. It's fun reading everyone's progress, keep at it & enjoy the holidays!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

stalled out

hehe I see what you did there nice one.  :)  Sorry to hear it has been hectic for you, but good to hear you are getting time to game again.  I can definitely understand that one.

And since it will merge my replys anyways. 

I finished Goodbye Deponia last night.    It was a a fun game with laughs and humor abound.  I enjoyed it and it was nice to play this one for no points as I just wanted to enjoy the story and not try to solve the puzzles on my own this time. :).  It falls in line with the other 2 and I give this one a nice 7/10 rating.  Worth the play if you can find a copy. (p.s. I had to get mine off the Hong Kong story.)

• Like 2

Updating to stay engaged, and pose a question.

So Army of Two 40th Day might come up short of the 10 hour mark.  I'll let you know for sure, just wanna make sure this ok?

Other than that, slowly working my way through Bravely Default 2.

Currently I'm stuck on a chain of battles that is definitely running me thing.  Just when you think you have a good grasp on the flow of combat and you're a wrecking ball, someone smacks you in the forehead and reminds you otherwise.  I'm about 65 hours in, and I may need to lower the difficulty finally.  Oh well, it was a good Normal run while it lasted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willythom88 said:

So Army of Two 40th Day might come up short of the 10 hour mark.  I'll let you know for sure, just wanna make sure this ok?

I'm giving points for normal full games when they're slightly under 10 hours if they are fully fresh played after you joined this event...

To give an example I remember I gave points for Spyro and The Order: 1886 when they had about 8 hours clear.

• Like 2

Resident Evil 3

Enjoyment: 6/10

Trophies: 19/33 (34%)

Clocking in at 7.5hrs, I've finished RE3's story. It's okay if this is still too short to be eligible for a story point. I'm just glad I reached the end, after all, I had aimed for a Halloween completion.

Overall, I'm hesitant to say I like this game. The story itself was in line with a typical horror-adventure movie. Entertaining but not enthralling enough to warrant additional playthroughs.

What I found appealing is the jump scares. Which only work the first time around. I disliked the boss battles, all of them. Without spoiling anything; I'll just say they felt roundly cheap & scripted. 

Maybe I'll grow to enjoy this one more as I work on the clean up. Or not. Hard to tell after reading the guide & seeing 4-5 playthroughs are needed. Looks like it's back to RC!

• Like 1