Challenge Mode DLC - A Complete Trophy Runthrough [Borislav247]

HusKy

4 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

Thanks for posting these. Might return to game after all. After struggling with every challenge I decided that 100% was not worth it. 

Keep in mind he makes it look really easy. Realistically, it takes 10-15 hours with these videos. I used these strats just a week ago so in case you have any questions, I can maybe provide some tips from "noobs perspective". :)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Keep in mind he makes it look really easy. Realistically, it takes 10-15 hours with these videos. I used these strats just a week ago so in case you have any questions, I can maybe provide some tips from "noobs perspective". :)

Thanks, I do "know" what I'm getting back into. I did manage to get 2 challenges to silver. Those challenges are hard, but might ease up bit with guides. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great guides, but was anyone else straight up not able to copy his Surrounded method? By the first barrel I never got over 10 kills, sometimes as little as 5-6, even 2 and at the spot where he gets massive multiplier, horde is there much earlier and I cant run there alive.

24 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Great guides, but was anyone else straight up not able to copy his Surrounded method? By the first barrel I never got over 10 kills, sometimes as little as 5-6, even 2 and at the spot where he gets massive multiplier, horde is there much earlier and I cant run there alive.

These videos did not exist when I did the DLC, I used different, older video from him. Try it out, the pathing in this one is different:

Spoiler

I will add the link into the first post.

edit. Expanded first post with more videos which I found useful.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 8:31 AM, Varhur said:

if you do not mind cheesing the game you can use a cheat method to do that challenge easily by standing on the burnt out building and waiting till you are surrounded by a ton of mobs, then blowing them all up to build a multiplier, then maintain the multiplier as long as you can to get gold. Make sure to gather ammo etc at the start and lay down some remote bombs on the sidewalk between the car and the building to take care of the trap challenge as well if you are going for 100% 

related vid: 

Edited by Mio
  • Like 1

On 11.08.2021 at 11:53 PM, Mio said:

if you do not mind cheesing the game you can use a cheat method to do that challenge easily by standing on the burnt out building and waiting till you are surrounded by a ton of mobs, then blowing them all up to build a multiplier, then maintain the multiplier as long as you can to get gold. Make sure to gather ammo etc at the start and lay down some remote bombs on the sidewalk between the car and the building to take care of the trap challenge as well if you are going for 100% 

related vid: 

I've already finished the challenge in other way, but I've tried the glitch method and I really couldn't get the gold. Getting on the roof was the easy part, however keeping the kills was nigh impossible, freakers would either run under the building or not at all, just standing and screaming at me from afar, while first my multiplier dies and then time ends with me getting only bronze. It really felt like they come at me only when I throw attractor/attractor bomb.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 11:53 PM, Mio said:

related vid: 

Edit your post and quit this vid because the glitch dont work anymore

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, locoporkko said:

There's a slightly differant method to this, that does still work.

Rather than staying in that same corner, once the Freakers seem to sort of lose Aggro, run over to the other corner (front left of that same building), and then back to that spot, that usually get's them to come running again. Stumbled across this by accident last week, wroked for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Varhur said:

I've already finished the challenge in other way, but I've tried the glitch method and I really couldn't get the gold. Getting on the roof was the easy part, however keeping the kills was nigh impossible, freakers would either run under the building or not at all, just standing and screaming at me from afar, while first my multiplier dies and then time ends with me getting only bronze. It really felt like they come at me only when I throw attractor/attractor bomb.

You need to just keep the timer up until more freakers spawn, it seemed to me like they start out in small groups and start getting bigger as the challenge goes along. It's super slow at first but if you save your good guns etc until bigger groups start spawning its super easy to get gold. Don't waste all your ammo and bombs early.

8 hours ago, locoporkko said:

I did it a couple weeks ago and it worked fine.

7 hours ago, Mio said:

You need to just keep the timer up until more freakers spawn, it seemed to me like they start out in small groups and start getting bigger as the challenge goes along. It's super slow at first but if you save your good guns etc until bigger groups start spawning its super easy to get gold. Don't waste all your ammo and bombs early.

I did it a couple weeks ago and it worked fine.

I did when i play and for me didnt work

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 14/08/2021 at 5:10 PM, locoporkko said:

I can confirm as of Oct 2022 this still works with the most recent update

On 17/09/2021 at 7:42 PM, DanXcel_ said:

I can’t emphasize enough how much easier these challenges were because of these guides by Borislav247. It took me around 10 hours or so to get them all done with these videos! I highly recommend checking them out!

Agreed, borislav vids were a great help 8/12 hrs is all it took. The only challenge that was difficult for me was surrounded. I knew this before I started the challenges so I left this till the end. Thank god their over though.

• 2 months later...

I've put off playing this game for the longest time because the trophy guide had these rated at 8/10. With Borislav's video these are probably a 4-5/10 in my opinion. I did fail a bunch of times, but nothing was overly frustrating from my experience. As long as you're comfortable with the control scheme and manoeuvring hordes everything should be a breeze. Thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...