(Fixed) Do not start this game on PS Now (PC)

W4nted44live

I learned this the hard way. What happens is you get massively cucked at the beginning of chapter 2 because they somehow didn’t realize that the photo sharing function (which is not available for PS Now PC players) completely breaks the game. You literally cannot go further in the story. Best case scenario they’ll acknowledge the issue and take Judgment off stream and only allow PS4/PS5 players to play it, like they did with RDR2. This is not a complaint thread but Jesus, it sucks to be me. 

Edited by W4nted44live
  • Like 4

I've completed the game on the PS4 and PS5, I can't recall a point where you had to share a photo. I've just looked at a walkthrough, to jog my memory, and that chapter has you taking a picture of a cheating husband, but that's just an in-game photo, not something you'd need to have a console to perform.

What's the actual issue and process you can't perform?

2 minutes ago, turniplord said:

I've completed the game on the PS4 and PS5, I can't recall a point where you had to share a photo. I've just looked at a walkthrough, to jog my memory, and that chapter has you taking a picture of a cheating husband, but that's just an in-game photo, not something you'd need to have a console to perform.

Every photo you take with Yagami’s phone is saved to your HDD. PC players are going to have issue with this because you have take pictures with Yagami’s phone during story and it’s creating problems for PC gamers since that function is not really designed for PC.

10 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Like someone already explained the process is rather automatic and involuntary, you take that one specific picture and it automatically tries to save it in your system, function which PS Now on PC has disabled. That’s the issue, as for what I can’t perform, it might have sounded like an exaggeration (and I wish it was) but this little issue actually breaks the game completely, you can’t do anything, anything. All you can do is check the commands to take the picture and exit the game (not even from the in game menu, but exit the whole PS Now session). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, turniplord said:

Gotcha. I've emailed my contact for Sega PR to see if they can let them know. Maybe they can push an update to give a toggle that disables auto saving the images to the HDD? That could resolve the issue. 

Until yesterday I thought this would have been the possible solution, not too hard to implement on their end, thus potentially doable if they ever acknowledged the issue, kinda gave me hope too. But I just realized there’s more to it, I tried using the camera outside of that specific mission and the game surprisingly doesn’t break, the same error pops up but the game is fine. This means that saving the images to the HDD is somewhat necessary for those missions, meaning a toggle wouldn’t be enough, they’d have to reimplement the whole system. It’s up to Sony at this point, and if it’s up to Sony we know how it’ll end. gg PC fellows, getting cucked as per usual. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Posting this as an update on the situation although I doubt anyone cares. The issue got apparently fixed. I don’t know if it was a Judgment update or a fix on PS Now’s end. I did contact Playstation about this and they told me they’d let me know.. well they never ended up letting me know, but out of curiosity I tried to play the game tonight and the issue wasn’t there anymore. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, W4nted44live said:

Posting this as an update on the situation although I doubt anyone cares. The issue got apparently fixed. I don’t know if it was a Judgment update or a fix on PS Now’s end. I did contact Playstation about this and they told me they’d let me know.. well they never ended up letting me know, but out of curiosity I tried to play the game tonight and the issue wasn’t there anymore. 

When I last posted, I sent all the info through to my contact at SEGA, they said they were going to look into what they could do. I'm guessing they must have found a way to bypass the process that was blocking it.

Glad it's all working now though :)

• Like 2