Gnome-a-Palooza Event - Best Time for Epic Vault Key

The-Captain-388

Even if you aren’t paying much attention to this game anymore, please be aware that the Gnome Event that started today and goes through this weekend (higher gnome drop rate) and the newly added Gnome-a-Palooza timed event are by the far the best return rate on gameplay/time as there ever been.

You need to play enough matches to get all 4 verses to get this going, but once you craft the Gnome-a-Palooza, you will have a great chance in this event to get an Epic Vault Key since every enemy is a gnome for 15 minutes. I’m not sure that’s intended and I actually think it will get nerfed soon so that’s why I’m saying play this ASAP if you still need the Epic Vault Key trophy or just want a bunch of really good resources FAST. 

Pro Tip: Set up your fastest team prior to the 15 minutes (I suggest Sunbird/Leprechaun) and play on Explore Difficulty 1 to maximize matches. I managed to get in 36 matches in 15 minutes, which yielded 1 Epic Vault key and tons of other great rewards (35K souls, more verses to rerun again, etc.). My friend got 2 Epic Vault Keys in his 15 minute run as well.

Good luck!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Can you elaborate what you need to do to get the trophy? I quit the game like 5 dlcs ago and I'm a bit lost... Thank you!

Gnome-a-Palooza trophies are easy, just get 4 Verses, 1 from each of the 4 new gnomes. Then use the 4 Verses to craft the Gnome-a-Palooza in the Soulforge.

I was simply pointing out that this weekend/event is a more optimal time to pull an Epic Vault Key from killing a gnome, as it is an extremely rare drop.

1 hour ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Gnome-a-Palooza trophies are easy, just get 4 Verses, 1 from each of the 4 new gnomes. Then use the 4 Verses to craft the Gnome-a-Palooza in the Soulforge.

I was simply pointing out that this weekend/event is a more optimal time to pull an Epic Vault Key from killing a gnome, as it is an extremely rare drop.

Thank you, I didn't know how to use the verses!

Furthermore you can get the verses for free, if you collect your daily reward. At the end, you can start at sunday one Palooza event. 

I got lucky and got my epic Keys 2 and 3. In the past vault events except the introduction there was no drop of an epic key for me. 

On 7/15/2021 at 1:53 PM, The-Captain-388 said:

You need to play enough matches to get all 4 verses to get this going, but once you craft the Gnome-a-Palooza, you will have a great chance in this event to get an Epic Vault Key since every enemy is a gnome for 15 minutes. I’m not sure that’s intended and I actually think it will get nerfed soon so that’s why I’m saying play this ASAP if you still need the Epic Vault Key trophy or just want a bunch of really good resources FAST. 

Every enemy being replaced by a Gnome is the intention.  What wasn't the intention, and what has therefore already been changed is that the four Gnomes who drop verses are much more rare during an active Gnome-a-Palooza, because the first day of this current Vault weekend demonstrated it was possible to get enough verses during that time to set up ongoing/perpetual Gnome-a-Palooza and that wasn't the intent.  Because perpetual GaP would distort the in-game economy in ways that the developers probably don't want it to.

But the basic premise you suggest is correct:  Running Gnome-a-Palooza on a Vault weekend -- this one or any future occasion -- is probably the best way to go about getting Epic Vault Keys.  Because the drop rate for Vault Keys and Epic Vault Keys are a lot higher during a Vault weekend, something like 10x the normal.

I just did my first GaP a short while ago and got 14 Vault Keys (but no Epics, alas) in 15 minutes, not counting the handful of "pity" Vault Key awards for slaughtering Gnomes.  Which is pretty much the one resource I really "need" more than anything else a Gnome will drop.

• 2 months later...
On 15.7.2021 at 7:53 PM, The-Captain-388 said:

Even if you aren’t paying much attention to this game anymore, please be aware that the Gnome Event that started today and goes through this weekend (higher gnome drop rate) and the newly added Gnome-a-Palooza timed event are by the far the best return rate on gameplay/time as there ever been.

Pro Tip: Set up your fastest team prior to the 15 minutes (I suggest Sunbird/Leprechaun) and play on Explore Difficulty 1 to maximize matches. I managed to get in 36 matches in 15 minutes, which yielded 1 Epic Vault key and tons of other great rewards (35K souls, more verses to rerun again, etc.). My friend got 2 Epic Vault Keys in his 15 minute run as well.

Good luck!

Got 2 epic vault key today thanks to that method. I did not have the time during that time to go for it but I managed to get the Gnome-a-palooza and saved it till the higher drop rates came back. Today was the day for the two shiny trophies.

I do much appreciate your comment :D

• Like 1