'Tales from the Borderlands' Announced at Spike's VGX Show

Goro

We're still fairly early into the 3-hour VGX Show on Spike, and they've already made their first big "mystery" announcement. And that announcement is: Telltale is working with 2K games to make a Borderlands game.

http://youtu.be/8YDlPe6lMSc

I have to say, this announcement is pretty surprising, actually.

Edited by Goro

i was literally just thinking (as I curse the terrible game design that is Borderlands) how this series could have spawned a sequel...and then they announce another one. 

Hey Telltale there are good gaming IPs not doing anything. How about making an Eternal Darkness sequel :)

• Like 1

I don't like the fact that Telltale is working on this.

I do like the fact that Telltale is working on this. It took them the better part of a decade to get their shit together, but the last few Telltale games have been great.

A story-focused BL game would be a nice counter-balance to the action-heavy FPSRPGWTFBBQ. Taking the franchise out of Randy's hands for a year or two might teach that fucker to stop using finances meant for another game (Aliens) to fund his own projects (BL2). 

• Like 2

It's a rather bizzare combination, don't you think? Nonetheless, Telltale has been doing really good with The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. I don't think it'll be a bad game, It's just bizzare to put "Telltale" and "Borderlands" in the same sentence.

I honestly would've prefered that the rumored Game of Thrones title became a reality instead. I love Borderlands and Telltale, but Telltale has always written serious stories. Borderlands just keeps making refrences to memes. Guess we'll just have to see how it turns out, but I'm cautious of this one.

Edited by blue_flare9001

It's a rather bizzare combination, don't you think? 

It looks like a great fit to me, particularly in terms of the cel-shaded art style. Telltale will more or less be making a game out of the BL2 cutscene assets and they'll be supported by Gearbox (based on their logo appearing in the trailer), so they should do a bang-up job.

Telltale has always written serious stories.

What now? Since when were the Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Strong Bad, Wallace & Grommit and Back to the Future franchises serious stories?

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1

So I assume it will be a Borderlands game without the Borderlands gameplay (you know, the fun part of Borderlands). No thanks, I'll watch to see what the story is about, but I have no interest in  playing it.

Oh yeah huge boring worlds, same enemy over and over, pointless collectables, a terrible menu system, a horrible map system, the worst driving controls since Big Rigs...I can see why you would want to hold on to that.

Oh yeah huge boring worlds, same enemy over and over, pointless collectables, a terrible menu system, a horrible map system, the worst driving controls since Big Rigs...I can see why you would want to hold on to that.

I take it you're talking about the first Borderlands. It did have bland levels and boring enemies as well as a bad map/menu. All of it was greatly improved in Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 was the most fun i've had in a multiplayer fps this gen, Borderlands 1 was... Meh.

I take it you're talking about the first Borderlands. It did have bland levels and boring enemies as well as a bad map/menu. All of it was greatly improved in Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 was the most fun i've had in a multiplayer fps this gen, Borderlands 1 was... Meh.

Yes Im talking about #1 but this game failed so hard I would never want to play anything else by the developers again. In fact with DNF and Aliens on their resume I dont know why people let Gearbox near videogames at all :X

Yes Im talking about #1 but this game failed so hard I would never want to play anything else by the developers again. In fact with DNF and Aliens on their resume I dont know why people let Gearbox near videogames at all :X

Haha yeah, number 1 really didn't make me want to buy a sequel. It was really boring, especially the crimson raiders stuff. I only bought number 2 because I tried it out at a friends house.

I don't know about Gearbox's other games, but as long as they keep Borderlands fun like it was in number 2 i'll buy it.