Streets of rage 4 survival level 30 trophy strats

IvoryRose88

Any suggestions on the best character to use and best upgrades to use with him/her?

I have been trying to get the level 30 survival trophy but can only manage to get to level 26.  This can get really hard at later levels.  I did the best with Shiva. I used his dash (toward, towards, + square ) move after a combo. I pivked the damage boosts with lighting, poison, and fire damage on it to do lots of damage.  I ended up having to fight 2 fire breathing bald bosses at the same time in a retro level and they were ridiculously hard. I used like 6 or 7 specials i had saved up to beat them. But the next stage killed me.

Is this easier with a partner online?

Edit... finally got it. I used sor1 adam. 

Edited by IvoryRose88

If it's like boss rush it is likely easier online since when one player dies, the other gets to continue.

I only had one go and I found it pretty tough, I died much earlier on something like level 15 but I found myself having a real easy time of it, and then suddenly really difficult and then barely no food for several stages in a row. It certainly seems that playing the non random mode is better because at least you can learn from your mistakes/ know what is coming.

9 hours ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Any suggestions on the best character to use and best upgrades to use with him/her?

I have been trying to get the level 30 survival trophy but can only manage to get to level 26.  This can get really hard at later levels.  I did the best with Shiva. I used his dash (toward, towards, + square ) move after a combo. I pivked the damage boosts with lighting, poison, and fire damage on it to do lots of damage.  I ended up having to fight 2 fire breathing bald bosses at the same time in a retro level and they were ridiculously hard. I used like 6 or 7 specials i had saved up to beat them. But the next stage killed me.

Is this easier with a partner online?

thats how i got it yesterday 

it was fun and crazy too 

Edited by DEATHWISH1988REF
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

wtf. You died when there were SIX fire breathing dudes against you juggle combo-ing you in the corner. That's just madness. lol

And how long was that level in general? Seemed to be never ending...

Lol. I was thinking same thing.  He died on the same guys that crushed my dreams. But mine showed up on level 25 on random world. I thought 2 of them and some regular enemies was bad....sigh.

Edited by IvoryRose88

I got to level 34 on my first try on the weekly challenge using SOR1 Adam. As in the base game, his reach and power gives you a huge advantage over enemies. The developers pretty much admit to the characters being imbalanced, as only the SOR4 characters count on the survival leaderboards.

In terms of good upgrades:

• I found damage reduction, increased attack, and movement speed to be very helpful
  • Adding the three elements to standard combo, jumping attack, and back attack were great for crowd control. These all stack with each other and can increase in effectiveness with subsequent pick-ups.

I also got a bit lucky and had some good interactions between my skills. I ended up with a combination of health gain on damage done (with the caveat of not being able to pick up health items), increased score gain, and 12 rockets on Adam's special. Picking up health counted as points, and with the increased score gain, I was getting specials pretty frequently. Using a special with the upgraded rockets was enough to fully heal Adam provided there were enough enemies on screen.

In later levels, weapon durability increase and the golden halberd are excellent. Lots of damage and reach.

Not sure this helps, as the upgrades are all random. Best of luck. 

Is everyone playing the weekly challenge? I have only been playing random. It just seems a bit unfair sometimes. I still have not managed to get to even stage 18, I can sometimes get to about stage 14 and then one bad stage and it's all over (stage 17) is my record.

With Estel yesterday I managed to get all the way to stage 14 and I barely took a single hit and was just eating all the food on the stage on full health.

Then I got two bosses, both were Blaze and pinky white and they just seemed invincible, using their star power attacks and just breaking through all my moves and there were no stage traps to help me.

Also if it possible to refuse a powerup? One time I had

90% attack down and attack power on combo hits

and

use special move 40% cost down but no longer able to heal from attacking enemies.

I wanted neither but I had to choose one.

I know this mode is supposed to be random. But needs a bit more balance.

Edited by enaysoft

I finally got this dang trophy  i used sor1 adam. I upgraded defense and attack power a few times. I upgraded speed 15%. I ended up upgrading the star super with 15 rockets. I combined that with the 8% health return but cannot use food items. I also upgraded the heavy attack  (also 4th hit in combo chain) eith electric 30%, fire, and poison effect. The later levels dont have much food. I used the star supers when i needed health or whem i was fighting multiple bosses...usually 3 at once. Its ridiculous. Its difficult getting life back on bosses so i used supers when in trouble. The extra rocket damage helps fill your life back if it they connect with all the enemies. The biggest thing that helped was the golden weapons. (Also added 20% weapon durabillity). The golden weapons combined with the 8% health back saved my life. Since the golden weapons do alot of damage, you get a good amount of health back. Levels 25+ can have a dozen enemies all at once. I stayed all the way against left wall and spammed the 4 hit combo with all it would give me all my life back because i was comboing hordes of enemies all at the same time. I ended up at level 30 with 4 supers. I cleared 2 hordes of red ememies and had to use 1 super on each section. Then u have to fight 4 bosses all at the same time. Its insane. I did the best i could until i got down to about 50% life and i used a super to help return life back. I was one hit away from death with no supers and did a double jump jumpkick and finally killed the last enemy. I was confident going into level 30 with 4 stars and still almost lost. Also the extra jump perk provided extremely useful with adam. It got me out of sticky situations and u can jump away then jump back behind enemy and get high in the air for jump kicks. 

I will try again with a friend tomorrow online to see if the coop is easier?

I did this on fixed world. I tried a dozen times on random and had some really bad luck with stages. Like the wrestling rind with the hole in middle. Also with 2 large bags that swing. Plus 6 flame throwers on edges while trying to fight tons of enemies. Any emeny just knocks u around against background items and throws u off edge and does tons of life.  Its cheap as hell. 

Edited by IvoryRose88

I've been exclusively doing the weekly challenge and got to level 35 with Axel (with 7 Supers to spare) on my third try. The only reason I didn't go further is because I chose to end it to get the trophy. I also got to Level 28 with Blaze and ended it there to see if that was enough to unlock all her alt moves, sadly it wasn't.
General Tips:

• I spammed the blitz attack for most of it (->-> Square), after unlocking the alt blitz attack "Dragon Roll" I switched to that.
  • I barely ever used jumps so chose the perk that removes it but gives you three 15% buffs. Also, if you choose this do NOT choose the additional jump perk, it will not give you back your jump. It'll just give you a second tiny hop that's not useful in any way.
  • Do NOT choose a golden weapon perk over anything else, it's a waste since it has limited use.
  • When offered the "8% health back when you do damage BUT food items no longer heal you" take it. The reason being that all food items from then on are all points earning you stars, and when you use your Super move it'll heal you a lot if there's a lot of enemies or boss enemies. Essentially use it like you would a health pack.
  • When offered the point bonus % increase perks, go for it.
  • I never used my special so don't choose any perks that involve that unless the other choice isn't much better.
  • Anything to do with the Blitz move, or damage or defense up, take it. Before you know it you'll be OP.
  • Anything involving adding elemental damage to weapons I also picked, but I never choose the weapon durability one as there's typically plenty of weapons on each stage.

From what I've gathered so far I believe that it takes 50,000 points to unlock each move but this can be done over multiple survival runs. If I'm correct then for all the characters that have 5 moves to unlock, it will require 250,000 points. Also to anyone who hasn't gotten the platinum yet, Survival mode is a great way to earn points for 5Million while also making progress towards the DLC trophies. Overall this DLC makes the platinum easier, especially with Estel and Roo.

EDIT: The weekly challenge seems to be ending tomorrow but I'm hoping it'll be replaced with one that's similar enough that this advice is still relevant. Also when playing the weekly one, everything is fixed so you can learn when perks turn up and be prepared for which enemies show up on which stages, not to mention learning the stage hazards and using them to your advantage.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RetroQuester said:

I did it! Just did what the others mentioned above. The perk that gives 8% percent health back every hit is extremely useful in the later stages since you don't get many health drops. 

If you do the weekly there's no need for that as you get a lot of healing to 30

9 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

From what I've gathered so far I believe that it takes 50,000 points to unlock each move but this can be done over multiple survival runs. If I'm correct then for all the characters that have 5 moves to unlock, it will require 250,000 points.

Nope. It is exponentially increasing, so for level 1 you need like 20k, but for last level you need may be 100k.

On 17/09/2020 at 8:07 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

On 21/01/2021 at 5:24 PM, Voland44 said:

12 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I've been exclusively doing the weekly challenge and got to level 35 with Axel (with 7 Supers to spare) on my third try. The only reason I didn't go further is because I chose to end it to get the trophy. I also got to Level 28 with Blaze and ended it there to see if that was enough to unlock all her alt moves, sadly it wasn't.
General Tips:

• I spammed the blitz attack for most of it (->-> Square), after unlocking the alt blitz attack "Dragon Roll" I switched to that.
  • I barely ever used jumps so chose the perk that removes it but gives you three 15% buffs. Also, if you choose this do NOT choose the additional jump perk, it will not give you back your jump. It'll just give you a second tiny hop that's not useful in any way.
  • Do NOT choose a golden weapon perk over anything else, it's a waste since it has limited use.
  • When offered the "8% health back when you do damage BUT food items no longer heal you" take it. The reason being that all food items from then on are all points earning you stars, and when you use your Super move it'll heal you a lot if there's a lot of enemies or boss enemies. Essentially use it like you would a health pack.
  • When offered the point bonus % increase perks, go for it.
  • I never used my special so don't choose any perks that involve that unless the other choice isn't much better.
  • Anything to do with the Blitz move, or damage or defense up, take it. Before you know it you'll be OP.
  • Anything involving adding elemental damage to weapons I also picked, but I never choose the weapon durability one as there's typically plenty of weapons on each stage.

From what I've gathered so far I believe that it takes 50,000 points to unlock each move but this can be done over multiple survival runs. If I'm correct then for all the characters that have 5 moves to unlock, it will require 250,000 points. Also to anyone who hasn't gotten the platinum yet, Survival mode is a great way to earn points for 5Million while also making progress towards the DLC trophies. Overall this DLC makes the platinum easier, especially with Estel and Roo.

EDIT: The weekly challenge seems to be ending tomorrow but I'm hoping it'll be replaced with one that's similar enough that this advice is still relevant. Also when playing the weekly one, everything is fixed so you can learn when perks turn up and be prepared for which enemies show up on which stages, not to mention learning the stage hazards and using them to your advantage.

Can you tell me which Axel you used 

Edited by stamate_26

46 minutes ago, stamate_26 said:

Can you tell me which Axel you used 

SO4 but it really doesnt matter who you use I think, I just got to level 41 with Cherry without issue. I had to intentionally let them kill me to end it.

3 hours ago, ScooloV said:

Nope. It is exponentially increasing, so for level 1 you need like 20k, but for last level you need may be 100k.

I was guesstimating on the amount, I think it may be 400K total based on my run with Cherry. I'm averaging 2 hours per character to get all of the moves. Hopefully someone is secretly working on a guide and has more info on this than any of us do.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I

7 minutes ago, roshenRUSHEN said:

Playing coop speed the process x2, in regard unlocking all moveset. My friend character's progress also counted for me after reaching round 22.

Good to know for those who have friends willing to grind, sadly I do not and this grind is becoming pretty exhausting already. I'm only halfway done with Floyd

28 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Good to know for those who have friends willing to grind, sadly I do not and this grind is becoming pretty exhausting already. I'm only halfway done with Floyd

I know it bit of a grind. Atleast the x2 method is here, and atleast provides re-playability for this DLC. 

4 hours ago, ScooloV said:

SoR3 Skate with alternative blitz attack (:right::right: + :square:) will make whole 30 waves the easiest for you. Here is video of last 5 waves:

As upgrades I tried to focus solely on elemental Blitz attacks and also got the one which disables jump and the vampiric one.

In video food is collected only for points.

P.S. In that run I got till wave 42.

Reveal hidden contents

index.jpg

I've gotten the trophy using this method.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, enaysoft said:

wtf. You died when there were SIX fire breathing dudes against you juggle combo-ing you in the corner. That's just madness. lol

And how long was that level in general? Seemed to be never ending...

yeah I got served hot n spicy with extra flips to make the seasoning more tender n crispy

the moment I saw them I said I’m dead 

wished I didn’t waste 2 stars there but I panicked as it was my 1st ever run as I was aiming to get the trophy 

I’m not sure does it have an end !?

Edited by DEATHWISH1988REF