Streets of rage 4 survival level 30 trophy strats

IvoryRose88

3 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

I've gotten the trophy using this method.  Thanks.

Yep I can confirm all you really need is the

"8% health back when you do damage BUT food items no longer heal you"

Once you have that, the challenge becomes a joke.

I chose Skate who I don't really even like, and I just spammed his running attack over and over for 33 levels before killing myself.

Only really had trouble with Donovans since they kept hitting my jumping attack.

Then once you equip yourself with attack up, defence up and the one where you get buffs but can't jump (you never need to jump) it gets even easier

I had skates running attack buffed up with fire, lightning and poison and you're practically on full health all the time. I was getting hit quite a lot but since you can take a hit for every 4 hits you make, the challenge is well and truly gone.

Hardest part really is when you get on a level where you can easily get knocked a hole and there are loads of giant balls bouncing about. If that happens you can just use your star power and since you likely have rocket blasts attached to it, that will heal you as well. I had 17 stars left at the end when I topped myself, and before that only went under 50% health once. Never used my special attack

Like I mentioned on another thread, games needs some balancing, I mean it's practically impossible later on due to lack of food and some stages having about 50 enemies on and seemingly lasting forever, but then it's hardly a challenge at all once you get your vampire skill and atk/def buffs up.

What they should have done is made it 4%, or have it upgradable, first it is 2%, then 4% etc.

8% is a lot, especially since it seems to heal more the higher attack you have. I mean all you have to do is running attack 2 or 3 enemies in the corner and then do another running attack to juggle them a second time and all that splash damage from all your elements, and that's easily 15%-20% of your health bar back...

PS For the first time I chose the regular and not random

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Skate method works really well, but you still need a decent element of luck. I keep failing because of obnoxious trap levels. Just had another failed run on a level with flamethrowers on the sides and a big pit in the middle. Enemies that spawned included the fire flask-tossing women and there was almost nothing I could do.

I got it by playing coop with both using Max(Solo is also possible). His Power Slide(:right: :right: :square:) is pretty OP with all the elements. Also if do you have the "8% health back" upgrade his Super Thunder Strike(:r1:) will get an ridiculous amount of life back when you need it at the later stages.

Edited by Hibari-shugosha

Is co-op really working out well enough for people? I tried it just once as Skate and the other person was SO4 Shiva. Only made it to round 23. Didn't like that you don't share power-ups, so you basically have to take turns/share/etc. Seemed to make it even harder.

And in my case, since I had a character that was basically able to combo endlessly and make things really easy, it gets harder when you keep having to revive your teammate.

1 hour ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Is co-op really working out well enough for people? I tried it just once as Skate and the other person was SO4 Shiva. Only made it to round 23. Didn't like that you don't share power-ups, so you basically have to take turns/share/etc. Seemed to make it even harder.

And in my case, since I had a character that was basically able to combo endlessly and make things really easy, it gets harder when you keep having to revive your teammate.

All you need is a character with a good running attack and

I think on coop only one person can get this powerup at once. So yeah, potentially it harder on coop.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

All you need is a character with a good running attack and

I think on coop only one person can get this powerup at once. So yeah, potentially it harder on coop.

Yeah, that's what I've been using. If I get the right other power-ups and have a good blitz attack, like you said, it usually gets me into the 25+ area, but again, luck is a huge factor. Luck in what other power-ups I get, luck in what levels I get (stages with really annoying traps), and sometimes the enemies too.

Aside from that, I'm trying to get some of the characters leveled up for the alternate moves trophy. Haven't tried everyone yet, but Max SO4 is the hardest I've tried so far. 4 Runs and I can't get past Level 9 yet.

On 17/07/2021 at 11:53 AM, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I've been exclusively doing the weekly challenge and got to level 35 with Axel (with 7 Supers to spare) on my third try. The only reason I didn't go further is because I chose to end it to get the trophy. I also got to Level 28 with Blaze and ended it there to see if that was enough to unlock all her alt moves, sadly it wasn't.
General Tips:

• I spammed the blitz attack for most of it (->-> Square), after unlocking the alt blitz attack "Dragon Roll" I switched to that.
  • I barely ever used jumps so chose the perk that removes it but gives you three 15% buffs. Also, if you choose this do NOT choose the additional jump perk, it will not give you back your jump. It'll just give you a second tiny hop that's not useful in any way.
  • Do NOT choose a golden weapon perk over anything else, it's a waste since it has limited use.
  • When offered the "8% health back when you do damage BUT food items no longer heal you" take it. The reason being that all food items from then on are all points earning you stars, and when you use your Super move it'll heal you a lot if there's a lot of enemies or boss enemies. Essentially use it like you would a health pack.
  • When offered the point bonus % increase perks, go for it.
  • I never used my special so don't choose any perks that involve that unless the other choice isn't much better.
  • Anything to do with the Blitz move, or damage or defense up, take it. Before you know it you'll be OP.
  • Anything involving adding elemental damage to weapons I also picked, but I never choose the weapon durability one as there's typically plenty of weapons on each stage.

From what I've gathered so far I believe that it takes 50,000 points to unlock each move but this can be done over multiple survival runs. If I'm correct then for all the characters that have 5 moves to unlock, it will require 250,000 points. Also to anyone who hasn't gotten the platinum yet, Survival mode is a great way to earn points for 5Million while also making progress towards the DLC trophies. Overall this DLC makes the platinum easier, especially with Estel and Roo.

EDIT: The weekly challenge seems to be ending tomorrow but I'm hoping it'll be replaced with one that's similar enough that this advice is still relevant. Also when playing the weekly one, everything is fixed so you can learn when perks turn up and be prepared for which enemies show up on which stages, not to mention learning the stage hazards and using them to your advantage.

I found exp is different star moves seem to be 100K while skills in the tree vary while on certain ones like 25-70k at least

On 21/07/2021 at 7:21 PM, Veritas7Ax said:

Yeah, that's what I've been using. If I get the right other power-ups and have a good blitz attack, like you said, it usually gets me into the 25+ area, but again, luck is a huge factor. Luck in what other power-ups I get, luck in what levels I get (stages with really annoying traps), and sometimes the enemies too.

Aside from that, I'm trying to get some of the characters leveled up for the alternate moves trophy. Haven't tried everyone yet, but Max SO4 is the hardest I've tried so far. 4 Runs and I can't get past Level 9 yet.

Cherry 2nd dash Roo's first and SoR3 Shiva 2nd dash are really op

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, as someone said, Cherry's alternate Blitz attack is really good. Got as far as I did with Skate SOR3 with her. Her alt. Blitz + at least Fire + Shock powers on it are great. Even better if you get all three of course.

Also, I don't know the exact mechanics of the "Hey, Buddy!" power ups and how random it is, but I had a run where I got 4 of them. At 3 I got the Skull mask guy with a pipe (Kuubo?), and at 4, it upgraded to a Commissioner enemy. That actually seemed like a downgrade, because the Skull mask pipe guy was super helpful and would deploy tons of pipes every round. Let me just chuck them nonstop at enemies, especially fun with weapon power ups. Works really well until you get to the late 20s rounds, where every round is a sea of fast-moving enemies.

• 2 weeks later...

So I played Survival coop for the first time yesterday online. From about Stage 19 onwards he kept dying on every stage, but after each stage, one of the powerups is "resurrecting your friend to full health".

So sacrificing a new powerup each turn, you can bring your partner back to life at the end of each stage, eventually we died in Stage 31, but when we did both of the trophies for Stage 18 and Stage 30 popped for him. I already had the 8% Vampire powerup so I was able to do well and keep the survival going.

I was also able to unlock the Ultra Mega Combo trophy for him on the base game, so even though he was dead, the combos I was doing unlock for both players it seems.

Edited by enaysoft

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't think this is that hard. Got it with Max (SOR4 version), his dash attack is basically overpowered and with the buffs he is an utter beast. Made it to Stage 33, but killed myself on purpose so I could get the last of the unlocked moves for him.

The stages that have the retro levels and enemies can be pretty tough as they are cheap. I almost died to one of those enemies from Streets of Rage 3 that always block your attacks, the dudes with the chiseled muscles. Ninjas from Streets of Rage 2 are just as annoying as they were in the original game.

Survival is hell of a lot of fun, but having to unlock all the alternate moves for 21 characters is a bit too much.

• 2 months later...
On 17/07/2021 at 14:33, ScooloV said:

O Skate SoR3 com ataque blitz alternativo ( :right::right:+ :square:) fará com que 30 ondas inteiras sejam mais fáceis para você. Aqui está o vídeo das últimas 5 ondas:

Como upgrades tentei focar apenas em ataques elementais de Blitz e também peguei aquele que desabilita o salto e o vampírico.

No vídeo, a comida é coletada apenas por pontos.

PS Nessa corrida, cheguei à onda 42.

Revelar conteúdos ocultos

index.jpg

I just have to thank you for this tip, Skate SOR3 is the best!

• 10 months later...

Just reached stage 36 pretty easily, using Cherry and her alternate Blitz (Sliding Knee). I stacked as many elemental damage upgrades on the Blitz as possible, along with grabbing defense and damage whenever I could. Golden weapons also came in handy several times, for dealing with the really tanky enemies. Had a couple of close calls, but I was able to escape with tactical star moves and get to a health item every time. I didn't even find the perk that leeches health from enemies, either, which goes to show what an absurd attack Sliding Knee is.

I imagine if they ever patch the game again, many of these abusable alt Blitz moves will get nerfed, so use 'em while you can.

• 2 weeks later...