l23bombs_away

I have 1 trophy that won't Pop

18 posts in this topic

I have every single trophy other than Veteran Paleontologist, I followed a Guide and I finished it But the trophy never Popped I spent 4 hours doing it and have no idea what to do PLEASE HELP!

Posted (edited)

Try running the game unpatched and getting the trophy that way, it's for the initial dossiers and IIRC stuff changed for the later versions of the game and some more stuff was added on what constituted default dossiers.

You could also use the give all code on the fully patched version once you have everything you possibly could enter, it may crash the game but you'll get the achievement.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

You could check if you missed a dossier somewhere by clicking on the note section, selecting 'The Island' notes and 'dossiers'. If you missed something there should be a '???', then you can go look up another list and see what dinos you have beside the one missing.

Posted (edited)

If you have every other note already use this

https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=1338904

using the give all admin code may crash the game, but if you have most of the notes already it should grant you the achievement. I know for me I got it while entering all the explorer admin codes so do those first and when you get to the end and the last explorer trophy hasn't popped, enter the give all admin code and you'll get the Veteran Paleontologist and the final explorer one in a single go.

Really don't worry about it until you get all the explorer notes and can't pop the last explorer note trophy. I have double checked my trophy screenshots and typing Giveallexplorernotes in the admin panel granted me both Veteran Paleontologist and the Final Explorer rank trophy.  But again I warn you it's buggy and may crash the game and you may need to remake a character, so make absolutely sure you've entered every possible note code in before you do giveallexplorernotes, because the more stuff you already have entered, the less likely the giveall code will crash the game.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, l23bombs_away said:

@Sendai-Horatio Idk how to go back to old versions of the game, But also Do I need every single note in the game or just the dossiers

Well if you want 100% you need every single note in the game and you just enter them in the admin panel by increments of 1 with the giveexplorernote command. The dossiers count as notes themselves.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

1 minute ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Well if you want 100% you need every single note in the game and you just enter them in the admin panel by increments of 1 with the giveexplorernote command. The dossiers count as notes themselves.

I just want the 1 trophie I'm not going for the 100%, And thats what i'm struggling with

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, l23bombs_away said:

I just want the 1 trophie I'm not going for the 100%, And thats what i'm struggling with

Look up what dossiers you're missing then type 

giveexplorernote followed by the number of the dossier itself in the admin panel.

So if you're missing the 201st dossier you type

giveexplorernote 201

alternative you can do it the old way and teleport around

https://www.trueachievements.com/a227563/veteran-paleontologist-achievement

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify, for the trophy you want you only need all dossiers/monster notes from the island, not from any dlc. Also, you don't need any note from any dlc whatsoever for any note related trophy, just the notes from the island.

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi

Honestly though it would probably be better to manually type in everything via admin panel with the giveexplorernote command. Took me around an hour to do the few hundred because all you're doing is raising the typed number by one.

23 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Just to clarify, for the trophy you want you only need all dossiers/monster notes from the island, not from any dlc. Also, you don't need any note from any dlc whatsoever for any note related trophy, just the notes from the island.

That's what I did Idk If I should spend another 4 hrs doing it again for it to Maybe work but I followed a guide it was kind of old because theres not a ton of them. I got every dossier by Telaporting around the map, Idk if theres a more reliable way But yeah. I did everything you said.

28 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Look up what dossiers you're missing then type 

giveexplorernote followed by the number of the dossier itself in the admin panel.

So if you're missing the 201st dossier you type

giveexplorernote 201

alternative you can do it the old way and teleport around

https://www.trueachievements.com/a227563/veteran-paleontologist-achievement

Yeah I teleported and that's what did not work, I made shure to check everything maybe I'll try your way Ill see

Posted (edited)

ok checking my exact number, at 90% of the explorer notes I was at 289, IIRC I went to maybe about 350ish(I don't have a screenshot of the exact number, I'm sorry but I remember going above 330 just to be safe) and then entered the three dossier numbers from the DLC which were in the 600's

after that I typed the giveallexplorernotes of which both veteran paleontologist popped and the last explorer achievement, my game did freeze and crash after it gave me those achievements.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

Just now, Sendai-Horatio said:

ok checking my exact number, at 90% of the explorer notes I was at 289, IIRC I went to maybe about 350 and then entered the three dossier numbers from the DLC which were in the 600's

after that I typed the giveallexplorernotes of which both veteran paleontologist popped and the last explorer achivement

I have time But Not Half a day, Can you tell Me how long it ruffly takes. Just wondering Because I dont want to Spend Forever just for the game to not give me it

1 minute ago, l23bombs_away said:

I have time But Not Half a day, Can you tell Me how long it ruffly takes. Just wondering Because I dont want to Spend Forever just for the game to not give me it

Well going by my time, it took me from 3:11am to 4:01am, so around an hour.

you don't need to retype everything just change the number at the end of giveexplorernote so you're just using the top row numpad and don't need to retype out the whole command.

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Explorer_Map_(The_Island)

Last advice I can give - look at the resource map and only let it show you the dossiers. It's the same source I used, so it definitely is correct. Hover over the points to see what note it is and look if you're still missing that note. If you're sure you have them all, I guess it glitched for you and you should probably use admin codes on a new map/character. I can't help with that though as I have done it without those.

Just now, Sendai-Horatio said:

Well going by my time, it took me from 3:11am to 4:01am, so around an hour.

you don't need to retype everything just change the number at the end of giveexplorernote so you're just using the top row numpad and don't need to retype out the whole command.

Ok thats pretty bearable even if the game was to F me over, I'll try it later thanks! 

1 minute ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Explorer_Map_(The_Island)

Last advice I can give - look at the resource map and only let it show you the dossiers. It's the same source I used, so it definitely is correct. Hover over the points to see what note it is and look if you're still missing that note. If you're sure you have them all, I guess it glitched for you and you should probably use admin codes on a new map/character. I can't help with that though as I have done it without those.

Alright thank you! I'll see.

Posted (edited)

just remember after you enter those 300+ admin commands, enter GiveAllExplorerNotes

To reiterate, the code is glitchy and your system may freeze and maybe crash, but after I was done entering the 300+ codes, I used it and got the two remaining dossier achievements because there wasn't a whole lot left to fill in.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

3 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

just remember after you enter those 300+ admin commands, enter GiveAllExplorerNotes

To reiterate, the code is glitchy and your system may freeze and maybe crash, but after I was done entering the 300+ codes, I used it and got the two remaining dossier achievements because there wasn't a whole lot left to fill in.

Will Do, Thanks!