Estel is a bit broken

You

Ok so I've discovered an almost infinite combo you can do with Estel. It's not perfect but it is very effective and makes her way too powerful.

So her regular combo ends with a forward kick which is also a stomp. Not only does it have an unusually wide range circular range (like a ground stomp) but most importantly it brings grounded enemies off the floor again for you to juggle.

So from a grounded enemy, once you juggle them up you can immediately follow with her running attack for a guaranteed 3 hit combo.

Forgot the attack button mashing combo though, if you hold Square button down and release you can do that final kick over and over again, just alternate between a stomp and running attack, or just two stomps in a row. You move around the stage real fast left and right so it's tough for enemies to get a lock onto you.

Most interesting though is that the kick has an insane amount of invincibility frames, completely passing through enemy and boss attacks if you aim it at them just before they are about to attack, you can even kick stomp through the moving posts that you have to jump over on the moving train stage.

Anyway, if you keep doing the stomp over and over again by immediately holding the button again as soon as you release you can be very difficult for the enemy to hit.

Her running attack knocks enemies flying into the edge of the screen and then they bounce back right at you, and then you can be waiting to do another stick stomp (since they will land right back at where you are already standing) and then hit them in the other direction to bounce them off the opposite side. It doesn't always let you juggle them forever but if the stomp misses you can just immediately follow up with another stomp directly after and that will almost always hit.

The stomp attack also has a bit of range above and below you too since it does area damage, so if you just keep stomping in the general direction of the boss out of harms way slightly above or below, they will often walk right into it. Then you can immediately do another stomp and then start juggling. It's best to be close when you stomp because even if it doesn't stagger the boss, you will do damage but then land behind them by which point they will be attacking the wrong way. I was able to kill Shiva this way only using using stomping and I didn't take a hit, which I have never been able to do before.

Alternatively, after the stomp if you wait a tiny bit and then do forward special, you'll grab them just before they land and then you can pummel them, then you can stomp immediately afterwards.

Weirdly you are easily prone to getting hit during that face pummeling so it's best not to use your special unless it's just you and the boss.

Have fun! :)

I am going to have a try on survival with Estel later and see if I can beat Level 30.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...