Developers said that game is abandoned.

merino_the

Welp at least I can delete the game from my PS4. 

But yes, TQ most likely has the lowest priority right now in the company . At most, they would give the task to an intern as a "mock up" project, to practice. Doubt they will ever bother with actually fixing the trophies dlc, especially since the PS4 version seems to be the original release of the game (and not the remastered anniversary version on PC with tons of quality of life improvements). 

Oh well, hurts the completion abit but nothing can be done about it :D

Still, thanks for showing concern and trying to discuss with the devs! 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, merino_the said:

o

Yeah, this is how things went when trying to get the Funktronic devs to publish the 2 year-old Starbear Taxi trophyset. Went through 3 developers, and none of them would fix the issue, so it's permanently non-syncable. It'd take them like 3 clicks to fix the issue, but gotta love incompetence.

There's no argument bugs shouldn't be fixed, preferably before the game is released. However, we all know the reality is often different and it happens to many other studios. The THQ situation doesn't help the case either.

The company/product manager decide and greenlight the next project, which as a software developer I'm sure you are familiar with this approach. Unless you work in a small company where devs decide what they want to work on and there's no management. If the game is old and barely played by anyone, and it's "playable", no one is going to approve the allocation of the company's resources to work on it. As much as I hate this approach and there are games with glitched trophies and I can't get due to bugs, this is the way the industry works.

• Like 1

the one with the " they have no idea how the switch port got some features where the ps4 and XBONE versions doesn't " have killed me ?

i mean it could be anything ranging from a different devs worked on the switch port to add exclusive contents into that build, or Nintendo paid for the content to be exclusive to the switch port etc.

but the only better excuse they have is They Have No Idea How's That Happen?

THQ staff are always bad when it comes to fixing their broken mess, i'm still salty at Legend of Kay remastered on the ps3, that version have a game breaking bug that will freeze your whole ps3 and it's really annoying and super difficult to avoid that bug, this bug is still exist to this day on the ps3 broken version and the game is still on the store.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, merino_the said:

Keep defending this nonsense and enjoy disasters like Fallout 76 and Cyberpunk 2077.

And how in the world I was harassing them in any way? Subject of discussion was fix for trophies, not some major problem related to the engine or something. Any junior developer could fix it, there is no doubt about that. The problem is that they clearly abandoned the game and lied for more than a year about it. If that is ok in your book than please keep buying overpriced DLC's that don't even work, that is all our gaming industry needs.

Look, if you came in here and said "these assholes have said for a year they were going to fix this and now they're backing off on it"... I'd say yeah, I agree that's pretty shitty.  There may be reasons for it, but it's still shitty.

But half of your OP is how you're a software developer and these incompetent developers didn't apply your pseudocode and you even offered to help make the fix for them?  Somehow finding time between all of your other big "software developer" projects I'm sure.  And they have the gall to turn you down!?  That's some of the most pompous, arrogant trash I've ever seen.  It's one thing to dick around on here talking about how easy a fix to something might be, but you went a step further to harass the team on Discord trying to force your way in as some sort of self-proclaimed consultant... to the point of getting banned.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

This is concerning. What trophies are broken? I started the plat ages ago on ps now and bought it cheaply to finish. I think I just have to finish the two difficulty specific runs and kill the enemies in those difficulties. Am I blocked from that.

I think it’s completely unacceptable that they don’t view broken trophies as game breaking, but I guess if Sony doesn’t care to step in then they agree! For me the game would be broken and i’d get rid of it.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

incompetant morons. all they had to do was NOT include the DLC in the first place. I can't speak for playstation but i did it solo on xbox about 2 yrs ago and everything popped without a hitch. I decided to ditch my old psn account, make a new one and come back to playstation, i buy the game and then see they've added broken dlc which wasn't fixed months later so i just sold the game.

annoying, since I bought this game at launch on pc and never regretted it, playing it again on xbox was equally fun and i would have annohilated it in 4 days had they fixed that shit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, merino_the said:

You've literary turned my whole post and point upside down. Dude, if you want to be that aggressive then go kick some punching bags in the gym. They banned me because every 2-3 month I've asked them if there are any news, not because I am a dick or something. I was quite nice actually, considering the fact that they've been lying to people in chat every single time. Don't bother replying, I don't wanna deal with your toxicity.

There is no nice way of telling someone you can do their jobs better than them, especially when you genuinely have no idea how things look/work on their end.  No one made you include that part in your OP, whether it was your point or not.  If that was going on for months, again, I'm not shocked at all they banned you.

And I'm really not concerned about looking like an asshole, so feel free to "not bother replying" yourself if you want it to stop.

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Won’t someone please think of the developers?!?

Not sure why it's okay to harass developers exactly.  These guys probably don't need to be on Discord fielding questions, lord knows with most companies you don't have that kind of access.  The OP took advantage, stroked his own ego a bit, and got himself banned.  Boo fucking hoo for him.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Won’t someone please think of the developers?!?

Why would I think about someone who sold me broken product and then lied for more than a year that they work on it? Devs don't suffer from our complaints, they are probably on different project already. 
Just to clear some things: it's illegal to sell something that is not working as intended in my country, I could ask for a return but we all know how hard it is with Sony. 

It is saddening to see how people bully CD Project Red to the point of removing the game from the store, and then let it slide with minor games like TQ. There is no difference between small company and huge one. All of them should only deliver working products, not perfect but at least they should work.

This is not the case with this game, sometimes it crashed every 30 minutes for me. And instead of doing some fixes they broke it even more with patches, and then they broke the trophies by adding a whopping 20 dollars DLC's that don't even work. I just don't understand why somebody could defend something like that.

Like, dude, The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine expansion costs 20 dollars and other one is 10. This is ridiculous.

Edited by merino_the
typo

4 minutes ago, merino_the said:

It is saddening to see how people bully CD Project Red to the point of removing the game from the store.

No one "Bullied CD Project Red to the point of removing the game from the store".

Sony removed the game from their store, after CD Project Red released a knowingly broken product, then when people asked for a refund, they directed them to Sony to deal with it, without asking Sony first.

I'm 100% with you on holding Devs to their promises, and arguing for a better quality of both initial releases, and ongoing support...

...but CD Project Red's abhorrent behaviours are not a great example to use as a comparison to make said point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Sony removed the game from their store, after CD Project Red released a knowingly broken product, then when people asked for a refund, they directed them to Sony to deal with it, without asking Sony first.

That's what I meant. Maybe indirectly but people still made CDPR pull that bullshit on Sony because they were out of any options. I agree, it's not the best comparison but you got the drill.

12 hours ago, merino_the said:

Why would I think about someone who sold me broken product and then lied for more than a year that they work on it? Devs don't suffer from our complaints, they are probably on different project already. 
Just to clear some things: it's illegal to sell something that is not working as intended in my country, I could ask for a return but we all know how hard it is with Sony. 

On 7/18/2021 at 4:12 PM, Dreakon13 said:

Not sure why it's okay to harass developers exactly.  These guys probably don't need to be on Discord fielding questions, lord knows with most companies you don't have that kind of access.  The OP took advantage, stroked his own ego a bit, and got himself banned.  Boo fucking hoo for him.

Because I got negative answers from both sides of this (ha!), let me clarify: I couldn’t care less about either side. I certainly don’t feel one iota of sympathy for a company that releases a horribly broken product, no matter how many patches they provide in the future. But neither do I care about a freelance programmer who claims to be able to fix the issues.

I just can’t understand how people care either way at this point in the game. It’s been years since this game was released. It pops up for pennies on the dollar all the time, but there’s no real rush to buy it. I don’t think anyone is shouting, “Shut up and take my money!” here. But neither is anyone really “harassing” the devs at this point.