merino_the

Developers said that game is abandoned.

51 posts in this topic

On 23/07/2021 at 8:09 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Jesus Christ.
 

I can’t say I know this person, much less care for this person. A programmer claiming to fix a problem is one thing. But to attack somebody after he was banned on Discord for trying to address an issue? 


You guys are unbelievable. If I were someone with less than 10 posts to his name and I’ve gotten this kind of treatment regarding a game I cared about, I would be tempted to leave these forums indefinitely. 


upd: ignore my bad english

Edited by merino_the
Misunderstanding
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, merino_the said:


What the hell are you talking about, dude? Gosh, people are such a snowflakes in 2021. Next time don't imagine things and read some context please. 

Instead of demonizing me could you try to find a solution to people unable to get broken trophies? Oh, right :)

 

Let's not point the finger at the wrong person. I was referring to the people who were attacking you for making this thread, because I was actually trying to say others should cut you some slack.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2021 at 3:57 PM, AJ_Radio said:

 

Let's not point the finger at the wrong person. I was referring to the people who were attacking you for making this thread, because I was actually trying to say others should cut you some slack.


Now when I've read your post again I feel like an idiot lol. Sorry, mate, was so sleepy that my already bad english became dyslexic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2021 at 11:49 AM, theSpirae said:

Being a dev doesn't mean you know how to fix everything. Quite often simple things turn out to be fairly difficult and costly to change/fix. The reply you received is correct, you shouldn't blind guess anything and just because you're a software developer doesn't mean you'd fix it within a week.

 

I have plenty of experience from my work with similar issues (change simple entries in databases, etc.) and sometimes it's simply not possible due to the way the system works, being it written on legacy code, being it extremely expensive to fix. It's a minor issue in a game that was released 15 years ago (being it ported to PS4 "recently" doesn't necessarily mean it's easier to fix things).

 

This would be at the bottom of priorities for any company.

One thing as well is that Sony charge companies to submit updates, so fixes aren't only potentially time consuming, but costly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me just holding onto my original boxed PC copy over here like. "At least I don't have to worry about trophies and achievements."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, observadorpt said:

So only 2 trophies of the dlcs are unobtainable, so its possible to get the platinum right?

As far as I understand - yes, but I'd double check to be sure that they didn't break anything in the process.

Edited by merino_the
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2021 at 9:02 PM, merino_the said:

As far as I understand - yes, but I'd double check to be sure that they didn't break anything in the process.

thanks. i love this kind of games and inly after i have buyed the game i have see this post

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2021 at 1:10 AM, observadorpt said:

Hi

 

So only 2 trophies of the dlcs are unobtainable, so its possible to get the platinum right?

Hey there!

 

Yes the platinum is fully obtainable without any bugs. Only the 0% trophies cannot be achieved.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I've been laying low off these forums and not really coming on this site much lately. I feel like more often than not when I state a simple opinion I get shit for it. I've also had my account suspended... twice, I think? Or was it once?... due to arguments getting out of control. I don't go on PlayStationTrophies at all anymore, it's been like a year now. The favoritism over there and the shit I constantly get for stating opinions is sickening. Fuck that site, it lost a member. No sweat off my balls and no sweat off theirs either, I'm sure. I'm not to that point quite yet on here as I find this site far more superior and helpful.

 

I do, however, take responsibility and state here that sometimes it IS my fault (both on here and PlayStationTrophies) for some of the shit I get but there have been many, many times where I simply stated an OPINION and got fucking attacked for it and eventually ganged up on. Why I'm even rambling on with all this is beyond me, lol, so let me comment on the actual game itself like I originally intended to do here:

 

The game as a whole was just okay, in my opinion. But the bugs man. Holy CRAP! Baaaaad. I platinumed this game years ago so I think it was worse then? Not sure, haven't touched it since August, 2018. But the fact that years later they decided to release DLC (at a ridiculous asking price) and stripped away my 100% REEEEEALLY pissed me off! I absolutely HATE it when devs do this shit! But obviously what I hate more is having my 100% stripped away with no way to get it back through no fault of mine own. But you want 20 dollars a piece for this shit, right? Suck my balls. 

 

If I was one of those players that didn't care about my game completion percentage rating I wouldn't even be here on this forum. Another player said "hide it, problem solved". Well, not for me. The fact that I KNOW it's sitting there incomplete nags me to no end so a simple "hide it and move on" approach doesn't work here for me. How dare you charge people 100% for a product but only give them like 80% of it. Fucking SCUMBAGS! 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2021 at 1:08 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

The fact that I KNOW it's sitting there incomplete nags me to no end so a simple "hide it and move on" approach doesn't work here for me.

Yeah, I feel you. I wish Sony added a feature to reset any game list on demand. At least it would remove frustration that comes with cases like this. Worst part is that you could never be sure that devs won't release anything that would break a completion even though game is more than a decade old.

I am still angry that I had to make a second account because CDPR ripped me off with Gwent. It almost funny how they treated our community poorly and then got smacked with Cyberpunk. Karma works in strange ways so be good, guys.

Edited by merino_the
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, merino_the said:

Yeah, I feel you. I wish Sony added a feature to reset any game list on demand. At least it would remove frustration that comes with cases like this. Worst part is that you could never be sure that devs won't release anything that would break a completion even though game is more than a decade old.

I am still angry that I had to make a second account because CDPR ripped me off with Gwent. It almost funny how they treated our community poorly and then got smacked with Cyberpunk. Karma works in strange ways so be good, guys.

 

There are several games sitting on my list incomplete that I can never get 100% for because the online servers are shut down permanently. And the shit thing is, most games sitting on my list incomplete were all games I played when I wasn't into getting trophies, had no clue really what those damn things even were flashing across my screen, LOL! Now I'm stuck with them forever. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this came out of nowhere.

 

Apparently, THQ Nordic had been developing a new expansion for some time and wanted to keep it under wraps until now. Eternal Embers expansion has just been announced and released on PC and the devs actually mentioned on discord that they were working on fixing stuff on the previous expansions right now as we speak. The reason they couldn't do it earlier was that the entire team had been working on this project and they hadn't had the time to focus on other things. 

 

Let's hope that these trophies will be fixed soon! 

Edited by destruct-o-matic
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll see. I'm not a fan of their intention of selling more crappy DLC's instead fixing old stuff first.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't care less for a new DLC but I'll forgive them as long as these trophies are fixed. I will always have fond memories of this game. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they told us there is no chance to fix the broken trophies/achievements because they abandoned the game but now they are releasing new dlc... wtf. I think they are just lying to gave people hope about this broken game just to sell us the new dlc and how we can even be sure they will not make the same mistake again with the Eternal Embers? 

 

Why they even work on new dlc rather than Titan Quest 2 is just something I do not understand. Money, or they want to milk this game to death ? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If some trophy is not working it's definitely not game breaking. I don't get how some can be so addicted to worthless thing like trophies to even treated the devs. Game is great btw

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you play this game on launch ? Because it was a broken mess and even after patches and fixes I had a game breaking bug with Hades when he literally freeze my whole console.                   

 

So no I dont care only about trophies therefore stop with this pointless comment. 

Edited by Demek97
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vytautas20 said:

If some trophy is not working it's definitely not game breaking. I don't get how some can be so addicted to worthless thing like trophies to even treated the devs. Game is great btw


TQ on Playstation is not a game, it is a broken overpriced garbage that ruined completion rate for many people. PC version is great though, no doubts about that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2021 at 7:24 AM, Demek97 said:

So they told us there is no chance to fix the broken trophies/achievements because they abandoned the game but now they are releasing new dlc... wtf. I think they are just lying to gave people hope about this broken game just to sell us the new dlc and how we can even be sure they will not make the same mistake again with the Eternal Embers? 

 

Why they even work on new dlc rather than Titan Quest 2 is just something I do not understand. Money, or they want to milk this game to death ? 

I emailed thq Nordic a few weeks ago asking if they were going to fix the trophies for titan quest and what I got back was this email from them like a week ago….

 

Thank you for the mail.
We will forward your request to our Production department.
Unfortunately we don't know anything about future titles/patches/DLC-s or bug fixes but any client request and feedback about our titles are taken seriously and will be debated.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Please feel free to contact us any time.

 

why the hell would they make a new dlc for the game now I have no idea but you figure if they are adding new content to it they could fix the trophies if they ever add the new expansion to the console versions…

 

im not getting my hopes up though…..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steam says there are 20 new achievements for Eternal Embers DLC. Wonder how many of them are bugged 😂

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2021 at 0:29 PM, ShadeSplit said:

I always appreciate these posts, as I hate to fund developers/publishers that have no passion for their work or the integrity to make sure the game works correctly. There is no excuse. If you're going to take someone's money in exchange for a product, the product should at least work as intended. This is why I will never pre-order a game. You cannot trust that the game will work as intended, and for some reason many people have deemed that acceptable.

 

Yup, agreed. Same here, dude.

 

 

 

On 12/3/2021 at 2:55 PM, merino_the said:

We'll see. I'm not a fan of their intention of selling more crappy DLC's instead fixing old stuff first.

 

Agreed.

 

 

 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:24 AM, Demek97 said:

So they told us there is no chance to fix the broken trophies/achievements because they abandoned the game but now they are releasing new dlc... wtf. I think they are just lying to gave people hope about this broken game just to sell us the new dlc and how we can even be sure they will not make the same mistake again with the Eternal Embers? 

 

Why they even work on new dlc rather than Titan Quest 2 is just something I do not understand. Money, or they want to milk this game to death ? 

 

Lol. Riiiight? For fuck's sake just move on! Make Titan Quest 2 or something! Enough with the DLC... that'll likely be just as broken.

 

 

 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:50 AM, Vytautas20 said:

If some trophy is not working it's definitely not game breaking. I don't get how some can be so addicted to worthless thing like trophies to even treated the devs. Game is great btw

 

I thought for a bit prior to posting on how I would like to reply to your statement without sounding harsh or come off as an asshole to you so just know going in that what I'm about to say is NOT me trying to attack you or give you shit, okay? I get where you're coming from with the whole "If some trophies aren't working it's definitely not game breaking" comment and I agree, it's definitely not game breaking. And yes, trophies are, in a sense, worthless as it's just a digital image with numbers next to them. But for some people (myself included), we take pride in these accomplishments and have busted our asses to get our game completion ratings to where they are today.

 

It literally took me YEARS of constant gaming (and money) to get my completion rating to where it is today. I had soooooo many games incomplete on my list prior to getting into this whole trophy hunting thing; it was mind boggling how many incomplete games I once had on my list! So, imagine yourself in this situation and then have a developer come along and drop DLC on a game you've already played and platinumed, stripping away your 100%, lowering your overall completion rating that you worked so hard on for years without being able to get it back due to trophies being glitched and unable to be obtained.

 

Dude, it SUCKS. I wish developers would just STOP doing this shit (it'll never happen though)! All of this DLC nonsense with new trophies was rarely even a thing back during the PS3 days. Yeah, sure, it happened on occasion. But compared to nowadays? Good lord! It seems like every other game is getting DLC trophies tacked on! And with new DLC trophies, bye-bye completion percentage until I go back to that damn game that I had no intentions of ever wanting to play again. It's annoying, frustrating, more expensive and an irritating, cash-grabbing trend that isn't going anywhere. 

 

Simple solution: stop collecting trophies. Simple solution, right? Perhaps. For some people. But to a gamer like me and a completionist at heart? No, it isn't. When I see games on my list incomplete it drives me nuts. Hell, I don't even have to see them. Just knowing it's there is enough to annoy me. It's not fair to me or other trophy hunters that ENJOY trophies and take pride in their completion rating to have buggy ass games like Titan Quest come along, stick us with an incomplete percentage due to added DLC YEARS LATER that will STAY incomplete through no fault of our own because these developers would rather work on more of this goddamn DLC nonsense rather than fixing the shit they've already released! It's ridiculous!  

 

Also, I think it's a fair assumption to say that PSNProfiles is mostly a website that caters to trophies/trophy hunters. If I'm wrong, my apologies. With that being said, for you to come on to a website such as this and post the comment that you posted, it's a bit out of line and certainly not the right place to be saying shit like that. Perhaps there are other websites where making a comment like that would be more acceptable and warranted. But on here? Nah. This isn't the first time I've seen a comment like this either and it always has me wondering why people that make comments such as yours are even on a trophy hunting website in the first place?

 

Vytautas, I'm not saying that your opinion's wrong or that you're wrong for even having an opinion on the matter. I'm simply saying that I don't think this website in particular is the appropriate place for it. 

 

 

On 12/4/2021 at 9:07 AM, Demek97 said:

Did you play this game on launch ? Because it was a broken mess and even after patches and fixes I had a game breaking bug with Hades when he literally freeze my whole console.                   

 

So no I dont care only about trophies therefore stop with this pointless comment. 

 

Your post was in reference to what Vytautas20 said and I agree with your post 100%. When I played this game it was littered with bugs galore. 

 

 

 

On 12/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, merino_the said:


TQ on Playstation is not a game, it is a broken overpriced garbage that ruined completion rate for many people. PC version is great though, no doubts about that. 

 

True. The DLC most of all. Twenty dollars? A piece? Broken trophies or not that's still way too much. This is becoming a trend though, I'm noticing, overcharging people for DLC. 

 

 

 

On 12/5/2021 at 2:21 PM, Darkside_Hippo said:

I emailed thq Nordic a few weeks ago asking if they were going to fix the trophies for titan quest and what I got back was this email from them like a week ago….

 

Thank you for the mail.
We will forward your request to our Production department.
Unfortunately we don't know anything about future titles/patches/DLC-s or bug fixes but any client request and feedback about our titles are taken seriously and will be debated.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Please feel free to contact us any time.

 

why the hell would they make a new dlc for the game now I have no idea but you figure if they are adding new content to it they could fix the trophies if they ever add the new expansion to the console versions…

 

im not getting my hopes up though…..

 

Sounds like a load of shit and scripted like a mofo. Besides, they've KNOWN about this for the longest time! What's to be brought back to and debated on? You're well aware of the issues. Fix them and stop feeding your customers this runaround crap!

 

 

 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:36 AM, lukaszssj2 said:

Steam says there are 20 new achievements for Eternal Embers DLC. Wonder how many of them are bugged 😂

 

We should take a poll! I'm in! My guess is... 6 of them!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess it's fair to say that the glitched DLC trophies will never be fixed?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2022 at 10:13 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

So I guess it's fair to say that the glitched DLC trophies will never be fixed?

Before they banned me they literally told me that devs are moved to other projects and those who are still assigned to TQ are working on more important task than some useless trophies. As I predicted, they did not fix shit but released another DLC.

As far as my experience in software development goes - if something is not on priority list than it will never be done. That is twice as true for game development, just look at Cyberpunk or Battlefield.

So my answer is - yes, it's better to move on. Some people might think otherwise though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LuckyMerino said:

Before they banned me they literally told me that devs are moved to other projects and those who are still assigned to TQ are working on more important task than some useless trophies. As I predicted, they did not fix shit but released another DLC.

As far as my experience in software development goes - if something is not on priority list than it will never be done. That is twice as true for game development, just look at Cyberpunk or Battlefield.

So my answer is - yes, it's better to move on. Some people might think otherwise though.

 

That really pisses me off. Another game, yet again, that I can't acquire the 100% (or get it back) through no fault of my own. I never wanted to go back to this game anyway so thanks, developers, for giving me a reason not to. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.