Cannot get 3 of the 'Special Poems'

For the love of all that is holy someone please tell me what im doing wrong here. I have been resetting for 6 hours looking for poem 4, 7 & 9. Every single reset, I have only seen a mix of poem 1,5,6 & 8, never have I even seen a duplicate of 2 or 3. I also have the game crashing every 20 minutes running on PS5, which certainly isnt helping frustrations.

Here is my loop.

Run reset file - Start New Game - Hold L2 to skip all, press X to go through options, always selecting the cursor default - Finish Act 1 - Start Act 2 - Hold L2 to skip all, press X to go through options, always selecting the cursor default, while also checking all 3 poems - Exit after 3rd poem - Run reset (Loop)

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

The loop you’re doing is perfect. Just gotta keep trying and hope that RNGesus blesses you sooner rather than later

I found that the game would often crash just after you’ve written the first poem in Act Two. Saving before that helped reduce the frustrations as it meant I barely lost any progress

Good to have confirmation not only that the loop im running is fine, but also that the game is less than stable for more than just me, thanks for that.

The thing I find most crazy honestly is the chances of these showing up. The fact that over the course of 6 hours ive had the same 4 showing on repeat, and none of the other 5 (so less than 50% of the options) is mind boggling, and leads me to think that there is nothing random about the chances of which ones you get whatsoever, but there must be a pre determining event or some such.

That or 6+ hours of trying to get these with crashes every other run has turned me stir crazy. I think its this.

Hi, not sure how much help I'll be but I found that in certain parts of the game, if you were skipping, it would crash on making a choice. Or in some parts, like when Monika takes you out into the hallway it would crash if I was skipping.  I'm playing on PS4 Pro btw. I was using Options, select Skip in the bottom menu & had it set to skip all but stop after choices. 

When I started getting just repeats of the special poems, I started making different random choices & that seemed to work.

I'm not sure which poems you are missing...have you gotten the Ghost Menu screen yet? 

• Like 1

I had noticed more of the crashing around the glitchy animations or scene transitions, a similar thing I noticed to 2064. I dont think PS consoles like it when we fast skip VN text. 

As for the poems I do have the ghost menu. I am;

Missing: Look Closely, Things I like about Papa, Darkness

Seen once: Nothing is real, How MMMMMM feels

Seen 30+ times each: Can you hear me, Script, Joke, Therapy

I actually think these are bugged right now. I reset for a good number of hours as well and had basically the same results as you, as well as somebody else that I saw posting on reddit. I am pretty sure that the latest patch messed it up and made these impossible/far rarer to obtain.

Hello :)

I experienced the same issue, but I still managed to get the platinum by reverting back to 1.00 and getting the > 100% message from Paula Miner to unlock the Test VM option in Side Stories. I posted my solution in the PS5 area, but I'll share it here too.

Here's what I did (I was missing 2 poems and 1 image basically like you):

1.) Uninstall the game

2.) Download v1.00 of the game. Link here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

3.) When you open the game, your save should still be intact, but if you're lucky, your percentage should be > 100% as a result of the glitch from v1.00. That will enable a mail from "Paula Miner" to show up entitled "Let's Move On". Make sure that you open that e-mail.

4.) Played the game one more time. It may revert your progress back to < 100% but as long as the e-mail from Paula is there, you should be fine.

5.) Afterwards, I downloaded and installed the latest patch (I believe it's 1.04)

6.) Open the game again, and go to side stories. As long as the message from Paula Miner is in your inbox, "Test VM" should appear at the bottom-most.

7.) Opening Test VM should unlock the "Breakthrough" trophy, and will give you your plat if it's your last trophy.

I believe that patch 1.03 fixed the Breakthrough achievement, but patch 1.04 messed up the RNG. I ran a little test after obtaining the platinum, and it seems in version 1.00, I got the missing poems I lacked relatively quickly.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

So heres my update;

Woke up and tried for a few more hours with no luck of course. Then checked PSNProfiles to see others having the same issue, and r2r0kid's post. 

Tried the method described on the PS5 with the PS4 edition of the game, but no dice. Still always downloaded the 1.04 version. Luckily still had my old PS4 pro in the cupboard, so grabbed that out and went through with r2r0kids steps.

Worked like a charm. Downloaded 1.0, skipped through to act 3, received the email. Copied my save to USB, transferred to PS5, booted up the game, used test VM and bam, Breakthrough and the platinum.

So if you have a PC and your PS4 handy and want this trophy now, steps work just fine, just a pain this has to be a thing at all.

• 2 months later...

So for everyone still having this issue:

It worked a bit different for me, but I followed r2rokid's advice as far as possible:

I opend the game after installing V 1.00 but still had 98% completion rate. No glitch.

I started the game from Act 1 though. Still no luck with the poems.

Quitted the game (during Act 2, after the third secret poem) - BAM - the Mail from Paula Miner was there. 104%.

I even had some scenes I never experienced before (Yuri was in the hall talking with me and Monika slowly morphed into her). I did like 20 playthroughs and not once did this happen. With V 1.00 on first try.

After that I followed the steps again and tada there was that sweet sweet platinum.

So don't worry to much if it didn't work, just start playing and it should work nonetheless.