Which Mass Effect 3 ending did you choose in 2021 ?

Favourite ending  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Mass effect favourite ending

• Control
    • Destroy
    • Refusal
    • Synthesis

Hi everybody.

In 2014, a poll was created in which everyone could vote for their favorite ending.

With the remastered, did your opinion evolve?

As far as i'm concerned, it hasn't changed anything, still go for "Destroy" :)

Edited by Elise de Nohr

Back in the day I chose the Synthesis ending because it seemed like the happiest. This time through though I stayed the course and went the Destroy route. It was tough seeing the Geth and EDI destroyed - especially with Joker desperately trying to outrun the energy wave. Not to mention all the work put in bringing peace to the Geth and Quarians but I feel I stayed true to my Shepherd this time. I mean the whole game he and the Illusive Man are arguing about either destroying or controlling the Reapers then there is a fantastical third option that makes everything all honkydorey. Maybe it's that I'm just older and more cynical ? but Destroy is the way to go.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, da-Noob123 said:

Back in the day I chose the Synthesis ending because it seemed like the happiest. This time through though I stayed the course and went the Destroy route. It was tough seeing the Geth and EDI destroyed - especially with Joker desperately trying to outrun the energy wave. Not to mention all the work put in bringing peace to the Geth and Quarians but I feel I stayed true to my Shepherd this time. I mean the whole game he and the Illusive Man are arguing about either destroying or controlling the Reapers then there is a fantastical third option that makes everything all honkydorey. Maybe it's that I'm just older and more cynical 1f606.png but Destroy is the way to go.

Synthesis is basically what Saren wanted.  So it always felt like Control and Synthesis where agreeing with the villains.  I go Destroy every time now, once I saw the other three at least once.  Just feels right for my Shepard.  I hate sacrificing the Geth and EDI, but my thoughts are they could very likely find a way to bring them back.

4 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Synthesis is basically what Saren wanted.  So it always felt like Control and Synthesis where agreeing with the villains.  I go Destroy every time now, once I saw the other three at least once.  Just feels right for my Shepard.  I hate sacrificing the Geth and EDI, but my thoughts are they could very likely find a way to bring them back.

I never made that connection between Saren and Synthesis, thanks for pointing it out.

While EDI and the Geth could be remade, both ultimately had Reaper technology integrated into them so I don't know that they would be the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Its probably best to think of the main game as one big ending with the worst ever written epilog. I go for the synthesis purely because its the only one where all your team mates who you went through the franchise with don't get totally fucked over. 

I'm going through the game now and whilst Mass Effect 2 is my favourite game of all time, its shocking (and heartbreaking) to see how little care went into Mass Effect 3. Poor writing, poor gameplay, shockingly crap set pieces and environments. Its just a bad game. So if people thought this was good or the best of the series and thought Andromeda was bad, then I'm actually wondering how awful Andromeda actually is. 

On 8/1/2021 at 1:21 AM, ShadowReplicant said:

My opinion hasn't changed at all. My Shepard wouldn't commit genocide against the Geth and the previously harvested civilizations kept within the Reapers, not to mention EDI—so, once again, I'm going with Synthesis.

It is heavily mentioned several times that there is nothing left of the previous civilizations. I.e. do you think a future cycle would want to preserve Husks as 'humanity'? Same for Collectors/Protheans. Geth would also be reprogrammed to blind Reaper level obedience - heretics you fight.

I picked synthesis only once first time playing (never since felt so confused and later disappointed about a videogame ending)

Destroy. Every time.

Since there is so little variations and endings feel cobbled together at the last moment (like much of ME3 past Rannoch/Sanctuary missions) I always thought they could have kept the 'destroy' as the general overarching ending with perhaps losing the war (refusal) for the absolute worst War Assets score. With more of your crew and allies (homeworlds) lost and dying depending on how many races you united (example - have Tuchanka fall if you fail to cure the genophage and EVE dies). And one victorious/triumphant outcome when you did everything right a 100%'d everything. The Synthesis and Control endings are bullshit pulled out at the last minute. Imagine Snake doing a 180 and joining the Patriot's cause in MGS4, Aloy just deciding to somehow 'integrate' with the corrupted machines or Cipher just casually joining the AWWB in the final mission of Ace Combat Zero (I really love that game)

I'm not trying to tell you your choice is somehow wrong here, just arguing about the overall sense, quality, and outright basic plot resolution that was imho F'd in ME3.