Impossible on Dualshock 4?

bdias10

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I just finished the hotlap trophies yesterday and I think I have to agree with bdias above. The game feels exceptionally tough when you first start to go for the gold lap times in special events. Once you start to understand how to use the controller, it becomes a little easier. One solid piece of information you need to understand is that the less you move your analogue stick left or right, the more your car will turn. The biggest issue with controller is that it has tremendous understeer in comparison to a wheel.

It is hard, but far from impossible. ExistentialSolid's videos on YouTube have been instrumental to me getting through the hotlaps. The lap you will struggle with most is Alfa 4C Versus Hell - that one alone is like a platinum trophy. But if I'm comparing time and difficulty, Dirt Rally 2.0's DLC was notably more challenging. Both games are fun for their challenge.

Edited by Flynnerigan
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

Went back to AC after a few years going in and out of it and I feel like the game is actually way less difficult than it seems and at the same time does absolutely everything to be as intimidating as possible and requires some reading before you tackle it. As mentioned above, there is that weird understeer thing that manifests itself the most on the Drift spec M3, which is the car used for the first special event. Then there's that weird thing where they fill your car halfway for the hotlap and auto select sub-optimal tyres many times, which just makes no sense. Lastly, unlike most sims/sim-cades, you actually want assist like TC and SC enabled as they allow to go faster, which is not the case in games like GT. Once you understand all that then the game becomes more than manageable. I only really struggled with one Hotlap, which was the RUF at Zandvoort. The car handled very weird. The others were done after a maximum of 5 laps, many cracked after a single lap. The races on Alien difficulty required some Forza Tactics, but weren't bad at all. The GT-R at Nordschleife was a bit difficult due to the track being narrow and thus difficult to pass, but still nothing undoable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to say this game is easy. The very nature of it being a simulator makes it difficult to pick up, but it's nowhere near a 10/10. To add onto the comparisons above, I think the likes of Wipeout HD, GT5, NFS 2015 Prestige, perhaps even Midnight Club LA or GT7 were more difficult than this. Certainly not deserving of having wiped out my top 5 rarest trophies, haha.

Edited by J_Chmielinski
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, J_Chmielinski said:

Went back to AC after a few years going in and out of it and I feel like the game is actually way less difficult than it seems and at the same time does absolutely everything to be as intimidating as possible and requires some reading before you tackle it. As mentioned above, there is that weird understeer thing that manifests itself the most on the Drift spec M3, which is the car used for the first special event. Then there's that weird thing where they fill your car halfway for the hotlap and auto select sub-optimal tyres many times, which just makes no sense. Lastly, unlike most sims/sim-cades, you actually want assist like TC and SC enabled as they allow to go faster, which is not the case in games like GT. Once you understand all that then the game becomes more than manageable. I only really struggled with one Hotlap, which was the RUF at Zandvoort. The car handled very weird. The others were done after a maximum of 5 laps, many cracked after a single lap. The races on Alien difficulty required some Forza Tactics, but weren't bad at all. The GT-R at Nordschleife was a bit difficult due to the track being narrow and thus difficult to pass, but still nothing undoable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to say this game is easy. The very nature of it being a simulator makes it difficult to pick up, but it's nowhere near a 10/10. To add onto the comparisons above, I think the likes of Wipeout HD, GT5, NFS 2015 Prestige, perhaps even Midnight Club LA or GT7 were more difficult than this. Certainly not deserving of having wiped out my top 5 rarest trophies, haha.

This game is severe overrated, and I think it is due the fact ppl played with standard setting on the dualshock 4 controller. Once I got proper settings, only 3 events were hard for me and even being a respectable platinum it is nowhere near a 10 out 10 even for noobs at sims on my opinion. I would rate this a 8.5 myself but everyone is different

Edited by bdias10
Grammar