Server not working?

rnKay

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers for this game are notoriously unreliable so all you can do is wait until the devs reboot them :(.

Okay thanks! Do they check often or wait for people to report the issue?

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/rayman-legends/article/leaderboard-and-challenges-features-in-rayman-legends/000065267

Seems they were disabled with no warning.

Edited by Kreivok
  • Like 3

I had this error on Vita all the time when playing a few years ago. Usually managed to get past it by just attempting to sign in several times.

The article linked above refers to the PC version of Rayman Legends, for which the online features were shut down almost a year ago.

This is what I had constantly feared when going for the platinum at the end of last year/beginning of this year. Hopefully it's temporary, shutting down servers without warning is an awful move. It's a shame that such a great game with an otherwise reasonable trophy list has an online trophy tied to it that takes three months of daily playing to get.

Ubisoft have generally been good at giving notice when they are closing servers so i'm hoping that means this is a temp issue. Plus, they announced a shut down for the PC/Ps3 version, why do that if you were just going to silently end the ps4 version some months later?  

34 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

Ubisoft have generally been good at giving notice when they are closing servers so i'm hoping that means this is a temp issue. Plus, they announced a shut down for the PC/Ps3 version, why do that if you were just going to silently end the ps4 version some months later?  

Yeah they have. But didn't the pc servers get shutdown already or have a deadline? And i dont think the ps3 is affected or will be until further notice i thought it was just PC version thats shutdown 

4 hours ago, Rakanthukair1010 said:

Yeah they have. But didn't the pc servers get shutdown already or have a deadline? And i dont think the ps3 is affected or will be until further notice i thought it was just PC version thats shutdown 

Yes you’re right, I got my games confused. Origins was the one closed on ps3, Legends only had the PC servers closed 

18 hours ago, IDiivil said:

I had this error on Vita all the time when playing a few years ago. Usually managed to get past it by just attempting to sign in several times.

The article linked above refers to the PC version of Rayman Legends, for which the online features were shut down almost a year ago.

the date the article was made was 13th July 2021, PC version went down a while ago. Servers starting not working after that day

Edited by Kreivok

5 hours ago, Kreivok said:

the date the article was made was 13th July 2021, PC version went down a while ago. Servers starting not working after that day

The creation date for that support article is the same as the master shutdown list, which suggests it was created for clarification regarding that error message on PC, where it is expected behaviour at this point.

I could also be wrong but I'm seeing timestamps of people earning challenge-related trophies beyond that date, so it's more likely just a case of server issues.

Of course, that's not to say they won't just pull the plug while they're at it, although I doubt that.

Ubisoft always warn whenever they close a server, so it's most likely some issue that they haven't fixed yet.

Would be really cruel of them to just shut down the servers out of nowhere, especially when you have an online trophy that requires to play everyday for months.

• Like 2