PS5 Hard Crashing - Genshin Impact maybe?

SimmondsR

Has anyone else had any issues where their PS5 will straight just hard crash whilst playing Genshin Impact (PS5 version) or if they leave the game running for about 15-20 minutes it will also hard crash the console. Like, to the point where it flat out won't turn back on at all and I have to remove and then re-insert the power cable for it to turn back on again.

I haven't had this happen whilst playing Assassin's Creed III Remaster and it only seems to happen with Genshin Impact but then I'm probably playing Genshin more than AC at the moment so it could be the console? Just want to check if anyone else had the same issue and was it specific to Genshin Impact.

Oh.

And before I get a bunch of comments. Yes. My rest mode is deactivated, I disabled it the day that I got my PS5 because I heard of the widespread issues.

Since I have a second PS5 that should be coming in on Monday, I'll mess around in the game for extended sessions to see if I can replicate this issue. If I don't get the crashes then I'll go back and test my launch unit.

Certain PS4 games played via BC can cause crashes and I've heard isolated incidents of it happening with various PS5 games.

I think for the mean time maybe play the PS4 version of Genshin Impact instead? I don't know if you're adverse to the idea of starting up another trophy list since you haven't played it before but all your current PS5 list trophies will autopop on the PS4 one and anything earned on the PS4 will autopop when you start up the PS5 version. Not the best solution but it's better than potentially seriously damaging your PS5 and causing more issues.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Since I have a second PS5 that should be coming in on Monday, I'll mess around in the game for extended sessions to see if I can replicate this issue. If I don't get the crashes then I'll go back and test my launch unit.

Certain PS4 games played via BC can cause crashes and I've heard isolated incidents of it happening with various PS5 games.

I think for the mean time maybe play the PS4 version of Genshin Impact instead? I don't know if you're adverse to the idea of starting up another trophy list since you haven't played it before but all your current PS5 list trophies will autopop on the PS4 one and anything earned on the PS4 will autopop when you start up the PS5 version. Not the best solution but it's better than potentially seriously damaging your PS5 and causing more issues.

This is a valid solution. Like anything I do in the PS4 version will transfer to the PS5 including trophies as you say.

But....those load times tho...and just general performance improvements. I guess maybe if I'm still using the PS5 then the PS4 version will work better anyway and as you say it might negate any potential damage to my PS5 so it could be my only solution which is a bummer.

Edited by SimmondsR

11 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

I play Genshin for hours and it never occurred to me. Sounds like a faulty console.

A friend of mine just suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the game just in case the download had some faults and he recommended verifying my files via the game.

I would agree with you in thinking that my PS5 is faulty (which would suck) but I have played other games for just as long on my PS5 recently with absolute zero issues.

The only other thing that just came to me is that my extension cable may be faulty as my TV sometimes resets itself too (although on a much more rare occasion) so I might try all of those options before conceding to the fact that my PS5 may be broken. But it seems at the very least that Genshin is not the direct cause which is cool.

Edited by SimmondsR

I'm been playing Genshin Impact PS5 version since day one and never had this problem. Only problem i had is that the colors in game would glitch when you are on the Dragon Spine region and teleport to another area. Usually just going back to the start screen (not restarting the game) fixes it. But yeah i'd recommend to re-install the game as the files might be broken. Hopefully that's the case and not the PS5 being broken.