Secret Poems Bugged?

Thought it was only me. 12 hours now of playing, and the 3 I'm missing have not popped up.

Funny thing is I keep getting "Darkness". The three I'm lacking are "How MMMMMM feels", "Therapy", and "Things I like about Papa"

Edited by r2rokid

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What trophy does this glitch affect?

Breakthrough, you need them all for 100% completion

Unfortunately since so many people are getting the platinum now on here and PS4 (my platform I just go here cause it's more active than the PS4 version board) I think we're all just getting screwed by the RNG. I ran reset.sh like 40 times last night and got different poems but not the one I need and finally realized how I was spending my Friday night and gave up

But somehow almost 40% of PS4 players have breakthrough and the platinum and the number is climbing for this one? The RNG can't be that bad and we can't be that unlucky

:(

Yeah it's 20% on ps5 so it's gotta be working on both platforms unless like literally everyone from Team Salvato and Serenity Forge is on here (somehow wouldn't be shocking)

RNG based trophies are so frustrating especially here when you see something jump from 0 to 20-30% completion literally overnight and it just won't pop for you

Each run through Act 2 takes like 10 minutes if that but I'm still exasperated

I wish you didn't have to always start at act 1 and have to see uh what happens at the end of it over and over

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aerishilton said:

Each run through Act 2 takes like 10 minutes if that but I'm still exasperated

I wish you didn't have to always start at act 1 and have to see uh what happens at the end of it over and over

You don’t have to go through quite the whole of that final scene in Act 1. As soon as the “files” folder has been updated the New Game option will throw you into the start of an Act 2 playthrough

Doesn’t save a massive amount of time each run, but means you’re in “that” moment for a little less 

7 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

You don’t have to go through quite the whole of that final scene in Act 1. As soon as the “files” folder has been updated the New Game option will throw you into the start of an Act 2 playthrough

Doesn’t save a massive amount of time each run, but means you’re in “that” moment for a little less 

I read somewhere that the secret poems are locked in from the beginning so you have to do act 1 over too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

I read somewhere that the secret poems are locked in from the beginning so you have to do act 1 over too.

Yeah, you do have to do act 1. But once you hit the start of that final scene in Act 1 you can do what I said to trigger Act 2 slightly earlier (as opposed to having to watch all of that final scene, complete with the relevant feels)

• Like 2

Ok I think it is a big since I just unlocked it without 100% completion

Checked other sources and apparently if you ever hit over 100, even though it was a glitch if you got the email from Pauline for hitting 100 you now have access to the Test VM and both  Breakthrough and the Plat will unlock

A good big for people who got it it but...yeah, still sucks for people who didn't and have to rely on the RNG

Kind of funny that this of all games relies on random glitches though :)

PS4 player here! I'm missing 3 special poems and ever since the Patch, I keep getting the same 4 special poems (Can you hear me, stare at the dot, Therapy and Dream) over and over, no matter how many times I Reset. I am currently on my 32nd playthrough and they... just... won't... show... up...

It's either a bug or I'm incredibly unlucky.

Edited by Ao_Iconoclast

I’m having the same issue on PS5 as well. I still need 2 poems and have done about 20 additional play throughs. If it’s truly random there should be a 22% chance of a new poem each playthrough, so I’m either incredibly unlucky or there’s a bug.

Edited by Freidioactive

14 hours ago, aerishilton said:

But somehow almost 40% of PS4 players have breakthrough and the platinum and the number is climbing for this one? The RNG can't be that bad and we can't be that unlucky

:(

I think the newest patch broke the secret poems. So if players already had all of them BEFORE the patch then the trophy will pop for them. That's why so many people are getting the trophy still. For those of us who didnt unlock all of the poems already we're stuck.

I managed to get the platinum earlier, but it was a very tedious process. After around 13 hours of refreshing, I managed to obtain just 1 of the 3 missing I had, but I believe there is a glitch in their RNG with regards to the secret poems.

Here's what I did. Note, at this point, I was only missing 2 secret poems and the last image when I did this.

(EDIT: Apparently this does not work for PS5 since PS5 can't be downgraded to 1.00 :/)

1.) Uninstall the game

2.) Download v1.00 of the game. Link here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

3.) When you open the game, your save should still be intact, but if you're lucky, your percentage should be > 100% as a result of the glitch from v1.00. That will enable a mail from "Paula Miner" to show up entitled "Let's Move On". Make sure that you open that e-mail.

4.) Played the game one more time. It may revert your progress back to < 100% but as long as the e-mail from Paula is there, you should be fine.

5.) Afterwards, I downloaded and installed the latest patch (I believe it's 1.04)

6.) Open the game again, and go to side stories. As long as the message from Paula Miner is in your inbox, "Test VM" should appear at the bottom-most.

7.) Opening Test VM should unlock the "Breakthrough" trophy, and will give you your plat if it's your last trophy.

Note: This is for the PS4 NA version, but I think it should work for the PS4 EU version as well.

Edited by r2rokid
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SairenOne said:

then i started the game on ps4 with the new patch. it took me like 2 hours for all secret poems. its not bugged! just bad rng...

Same, playing on PS4 Pro, after new patch, took a little over 3 hours to get all secret poems. May also be bugged, but I was lucky I think.

Edited by sunnydaleAlumni
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, r2rokid said:

I managed to get the platinum earlier, but it was a very tedious process. After around 13 hours of refreshing, I managed to obtain just 1 of the 3 missing I had, but I believe there is a glitch in their RNG with regards to the secret poems.

Here's what I did. Note, at this point, I was only missing 2 secret poems and the last image when I did this.

(EDIT: Apparently this does not work for PS5 since PS5 can't be downgraded to 1.00 :/)

1.) Uninstall the game

2.) Download v1.00 of the game. Link here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

3.) When you open the game, your save should still be intact, but if you're lucky, your percentage should be > 100% as a result of the glitch from v1.00. That will enable a mail from "Paula Miner" to show up entitled "Let's Move On". Make sure that you open that e-mail.

4.) Played the game one more time. It may revert your progress back to < 100% but as long as the e-mail from Paula is there, you should be fine.

5.) Afterwards, I downloaded and installed the latest patch (I believe it's 1.04)

6.) Open the game again, and go to side stories. As long as the message from Paula Miner is in your inbox, "Test VM" should appear at the bottom-most.

7.) Opening Test VM should unlock the "Breakthrough" trophy, and will give you your plat if it's your last trophy.

Note: This is for the PS4 NA version, but I think it should work for the PS4 EU version as well.

This method worked for me to get the platinum!

I was having the same issue on my PS4 NA version (playing on the PS5), 2 secret poems that wouldn't unlock after probably 30+ attempts with 98% files unlocked, (Stare at the Dot & Therapy wouldn't show for me), so I followed directions to download the 1.00 version on my PS4, replayed through the game until act 3, unlocked the "Let's move on" email and files were now at 103%. Uploaded save on PS4 to cloud, downloaded same save on my PS5, Opened "Test VM" and "Breakthrough" popped, as well as the platinum!

Thank you so much!