Secret Poems Bugged?

On 7/17/2021 at 8:28 PM, Ao_Iconoclast said:

PS4 player here! I'm missing 3 special poems and ever since the Patch, I keep getting the same 4 special poems (Can you hear me, stare at the dot, Therapy and Dream) over and over, no matter how many times I Reset. I am currently on my 32nd playthrough and they... just... won't... show... up...

It's either a bug or I'm incredibly unlucky.

My final theory is that Monika is glitching the trophies to keep us playing because she loves us(spoiler stuff is OK here right ii assume anyone complaining about not getting a 100% trophy has basically seen the whole story or is just playing a VN expecting an easy plat)

• Like 2

Has anyone reached out to the developers or seen a comment from them that they're aware of the new secret poem bug the patch introduced. I'd be happy to reach out but I couldn't find an official discord or anything with a working invite.

So I got the two last poems I needed after the patch, I'm sitting at 100% completion according to the settings, and the trophy didn't pop.

This game man...GIVE ME THE DAMN PLAT, MONIKA

Edit: Didn't know there was a new side story that unlocked.

Plat achieved.

Edited by Freidioactive

24 minutes ago, shiral_rsatu said:

Seems like they rollback game to state before patch 1.03, when Breakthrough trophy was totaly bugged :(

Are you sure? As the post above says, Breakthrough doesn’t pop when you hit 100% you have to go do something in Side Stories

2 hours ago, shiral_rsatu said:

So. Patch 1.05 (2.04) just came out and I finaly get last special poem in first try. But data collect counter stuck in 99% and last side story does not appear 2639.png

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Same. Had 3 missing, got all 3 on 2 runs. I have all pictures but stuck on 99% and the side story isn't showing. 

2 hours ago, shiral_rsatu said:

So. Patch 1.05 (2.04) just came out and I finaly get last special poem in first try. But data collect counter stuck in 99% and last side story does not appear 2639.png

Does anyone have a similar problem?

I initially had this problem. Turns out I was missing a song. I played 'Candy Hearts' all the way through to unlock the track 'Candy Heartz'.

This is listed in the trophy guide but I missed it as the trophy guide is actually missing a song so thought I had them all. There should be 27 songs, not 26 (Stories of friendship and literature missing from the guide).

• Like 1

I got one new poem on my first playthrough with the new patch, but now I keep getting the exact same 3 poems in the same order. even tried beating the entire game instead of just resetting after the 3rd poem, but that just gave me the same three poems in a different order! wtf is up with this game? it must be in pretty terrible shape under the hood, because this new patch added a whole new set of weird bugs beyond the secret poems. you can now save and load normally at the very end of act one when the big thing happens (which kind of defeats the point thematically), and the text that is usually not skippable during that sequence is now completely skippable. and during act two you skip through the weekend section at full skip speed instead of the slog it was prepatch, which i cant tell if thats supposed to be a bug or a fix. Anyways, I'm about sick of this game because of this horribly buggy rng trophy, hopefully i remember to come back to it a couple of months from now when it MIGHT be fixed. I've spent way too much time on this broken trophy to keep beating my head against the wall

• 3 months later...
On 7/26/2021 at 8:44 PM, circuscycle said:

I got one new poem on my first playthrough with the new patch, but now I keep getting the exact same 3 poems in the same order. even tried beating the entire game instead of just resetting after the 3rd poem, but that just gave me the same three poems in a different order! wtf is up with this game? it must be in pretty terrible shape under the hood, because this new patch added a whole new set of weird bugs beyond the secret poems. you can now save and load normally at the very end of act one when the big thing happens (which kind of defeats the point thematically), and the text that is usually not skippable during that sequence is now completely skippable. and during act two you skip through the weekend section at full skip speed instead of the slog it was prepatch, which i cant tell if thats supposed to be a bug or a fix. Anyways, I'm about sick of this game because of this horribly buggy rng trophy, hopefully i remember to come back to it a couple of months from now when it MIGHT be fixed. I've spent way too much time on this broken trophy to keep beating my head against the wall

I am getting the same 3 poems as well despite at least 10 reset, including closing the game. I need the secret #4.

I run the game on PS5 in version 2.000.004. Has anyone found a solution yet? I would be annoyed to add yet another game to the glitched list....

So this actually works. The one I was missing was the one with the dot, which I had... But you need to wait a few seconds for the complete message to be displayed....

Edited by Schyzo_phrenic

• 2 months later...

In case anyone out there is worried if this is still bugged..

I just started the game a couple of days ago (PS5 version) and I already have all the secret poems. I'm pretty sure I got at least one new poem during every playthrough of Act 2, so it didn't take long at all. Maybe I was just lucky?

As others have said, you just need to be careful when you get the one that asks you to look at a dot. Let it sit for around 10 seconds until it changes.

• Like 2