Atlas mech hijack issues. (I’m too strong xD)

So I keep shooting at the pit with my mantis sniper. I get the shields down and do a bit of damage to armor and then let loose on the yellow pit. I manage to break it at times but once I shoot the pilot, the mech explodes. 

Is there a specific weapon I should be using? Or is playing on normal the reason why I’m having issues? I actually don’t have a backup save to fight an atlas mech but when I go to do the Gunsmith trophy I have to start over anyways and I’ll just load the Javik mission with the mech. 

I’m just kind getting annoyed that this is the trophy that’s giving me issues.

1 hour ago, xCaptainArcanine said:

So I keep shooting at the pit with my mantis sniper. I get the shields down and do a bit of damage to armor and then let loose on the yellow pit. I manage to break it at times but once I shoot the pilot, the mech explodes. 

Is there a specific weapon I should be using? Or is playing on normal the reason why I’m having issues? I actually don’t have a backup save to fight an atlas mech but when I go to do the Gunsmith trophy I have to start over anyways and I’ll just load the Javik mission with the mech. 

I’m just kind getting annoyed that this is the trophy that’s giving me issues.

There's a mech you can get into in the grisham academy mission not the first one you come to but the second is empty and I believe there's also 2 in the Cerberus mission at the end game if u can kill the enemy before he hops in 8 don't think u actually have to kill a guy in it I think u can just get in one

19 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

There's a mech you can get into in the grisham academy mission not the first one you come to but the second is empty and I believe there's also 2 in the Cerberus mission at the end game if u can kill the enemy before he hops in 8 don't think u actually have to kill a guy in it I think u can just get in one

Jumping in the empty one in the Grisham academy mission does not pop the trophy sadly. Pretty sure you have to break the glass, kill the guy, then jump in. 

In addition to what's already been said, I'm pretty sure that the mech will always explode if it's the last or only enemy in the combat encounter, so make sure there's another bad guy alive while you're going for the hijack.

I think I got the trophy at the end of the mission where you reunite with Jacob. There's also one during the endgame Cerberus mission that should be hijack-able, so if you keep a pre-"point of no return" save, you can just try that one until you get it.

• Like 1

Eden Prime on Insanity, at the very end I used a level 1 Mantis as an Infiltrator and just concentrated on the mech with my smg until I dropped its shields, then popped the cockpit window until it broke, then sniper the pilot and there should be enough enemies that it'll let you enter it and mow them down.