Sharing Is Caring? Post your last find...

Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding chest locations for this trophy. If you find any chests, whales or naval fleets (highlighted as blue) then post up the co-ordinates and we'll see if we can help each other out and get there within the 10 hour limit. Thanks.

• Like 1

This trophy is the bane of my exsistence right now.  I have managed to find a Royal Convoy and White Whale no problem, but I cannot find a social treasure to save my life.  From what I've seen though is that people who go this trophy early, like within the first week of realease, they seem to of got it no problem.  So many people have been reporting major issues though.  If anyone knows where they found their social chests it would help me a lot

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance here, but this trophy isn't making sense for me. I have almost all of the single player part of the game beaten but all I've seen is the Royal Covoy cruising around sometimes and I do push up on the D-pad when I see them. I have seen that these can only be found in "community events" but I don't know what those are. Is that something just in multiplayer over a given weekend or something? Again, sorry for my noob question but this is my 1st AC game (I like it so much that it makes me wish I played the previous ones though).

• Like 1

So the way this trophy works is there are 3 different types of "Social Discoveries".  These discoveries are Royal Convoys, White Whales, and Social Treasures.  From what I can tell you need to be online and make sure you are connected to the uplay server (the game automatically connects you when you load up the game).  Basically these discoveries are scattered throughout peoples games and when found they blast the location of the discovery to all their friends (you don't necessarily need friends for this but I imagine it would help, I did this with no AC4 friends).  So basically just cruise around in the single player portion of AC4 and these discoveries should pop up throughout the course of your game

• Like 1

So I played a lot more last night and actually beat the main story and I still haven't seen anything. I read that all you have to do is be signed into the PSN but I always am when I play. I figured that the problem may have been that I didn't have a Uplay account and at the beginning of each time I started the game, I just skipped the registration. I started an account last night so hopefully that was the problem...

I guess I won't be able to get this trophy as I cannot connect to Uplay on the single player side of it. I can on multiplayer. It just tells me to contact support. I just completed the game yesterday and haven't seen anything but convoys. (Whether they are shared ones, I don't know)

Does it work by someone on your friends list sharing the location?

I guess I won't be able to get this trophy as I cannot connect to Uplay on the single player side of it. I can on multiplayer. It just tells me to contact support. I just completed the game yesterday and haven't seen anything but convoys. (Whether they are shared ones, I don't know)

Does it work by someone on your friends list sharing the location?

I wish I could answer your question but I'm having trouble myself. One thing I can tell you though is that you can check to see if the event was shared by going to the pause menu - Abstergo Challenges - Simulation. The challenge is to share 3 of each event but the trophy only requires one but I found this is a good way to check.

So I finally started an account and connected to Uplay 2 days ago. So I wanted to see if this was the problem and I went over to a Royal Convoy on my map and looked at it by pressing up on the D-pad to share the event. After a little time and my sinking the ship, I checked the challenge and it still shows 0/3 Royal Convoys shared. Plus I noticed that I have shared a social chest that I have no recollection of finding. Still no white whales either. I DO NOT understand this trophy.

Lol, well...I solved one issue, which is so not next gen of Ubisoft and that is because I had 150 odd friends I couldn't connect to Uplay (PS4) so I actually deleted friends down to 97 and lo and behold I can now connect to Uplay.

I have completed the game and apparently if you have completed the story they don't show...sigh. It would be OK if the naval missions unlocked earlier in the story :/

• Like 1

Guys there are loads of people having issues with these social events especially on the PS4 version. I myself are one of them.

However PLamb858 you cant share the Royal Convoy's that are indicated in WHITE they have to be BLUE. All social events are indicated in BLUE not WHITE & they are shared automatically.

Hope this clears up a few things.

• Like 1

I only have 3 people in my friends list and only one has a ps4 and plays black flag occasionally. Do they need to be online and/ or playing the game at the same time for me to share it with them? .....I've been playing for about 20 hours so far and haven't found any of these. I haven't been specifically looking for them but surprised I haven't stumbled across any yet with as much exploring as I've done.

Also when you say they show up as "blue" do you mean they will be on the map as blue? Guess I'm a little confused on it too. I've been reading several threads on this but not much specifics

I only have 3 people in my friends list and only one has a ps4 and plays black flag occasionally. Do they need to be online and/ or playing the game at the same time for me to share it with them? .....I've been playing for about 20 hours so far and haven't found any of these. I haven't been specifically looking for them but surprised I haven't stumbled across any yet with as much exploring as I've done.

Also when you say they show up as "blue" do you mean they will be on the map as blue? Guess I'm a little confused on it too. I've been reading several threads on this but not much specifics

Welp, you might as well go back to multiplayer because as stated in the latest reply to this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818467-Help-with-the-sharing-is-caring-trophy-PS4

It is a glitch, and its affecting all systems it just started around the time PS4 came out, social events are not occurring for anyone for the past several weeks so the sharing is caring trophy is currently impossible to get

I went through and beat the whole story and then learned that these social events can't be seen on that save file so I recently created a new one and started over. I finally saw my 1st white whale on it though! It was during a mission in sequence 3 I think. I would have posted its location on here to help out but I wasn't near a computer and it was going to disappear in like 4 hours anyway.