Sharing Is Caring? Post your last find...

Sooo what you're saying is, people that have been having issues could probably start a new file and not have problems?

Maybe. It worked for me at least. The girl in post #13 on this forum said that once you finished the main story that you can't find social events. So I took her up on that and it looks like it's working. I have only seen 1 white whale though and I'm at about 20% synchronization.

UPDATE/EDIT: Well I thought it was working but I put in several more hours on this game and still have only seen the 1 white whale. This trophy sucks.

Edited by PLamb858

The easiest way to acchieve this trophy is a pain in the arse. I recently just got this with the help of a few friends i met on enduring forums on the internet. First thing is first. You want to make sure that your uplay account is uplinked to your psn. Simple way to check for that is to go to Options -> Database -> Statistics and what you are looking for here is that there is no red wording at the bottom saying that "you have no friends to compare with". If that is the case you must: close out the aplication -> log into uplay.com -> unlink your psn account -> launch the game -> relink your psn account. That should solve that problem. After that, you will need the coordinates to one of the three events. (I find it easier to search for the chest first.) Once you have the corrdinates for the chest, persay, then you will go to that location and check to see if it is there. IF, it is then you will have access to that chest and the remaining events if you have those coordinates. IF NOT, then you will have to log out of single player, into multiplayer, then back into single player. The reason for that is so that you can change servers. I hope this helps some of you. Thank you.

The unlinking part is unneccessary, I just got the trophy today after 75+ hours of gameplay. Just do the part of going into MP and back to SP and see if you can compare against friends under statistics.

If not, quit SP, go back to MP then back to SP again. Took me six reloads for the game to recognize my friends. Then I went to the latest coordinates posted and found my missing social convoy. :) (Also got a 2nd chest and a 2nd whale before I quit out of the correct server.)

This trophy really is a big pain in the ass though :/ I'm playing the PS3 Version, 17 hours in and have only seen a Royal Convoy. All I'm missing is the Chest and White Whales. If there's anyone missing Social Events or even needs the Royal Convoy, add me so we can improve the success rate on getting this dumb ass trophy -.- I'll also tell you the coordinates of the Royal Convoy I found and if you've found either Chest or Whale it'd be great if you could then share that with me.

PSN: DarkLordGwynXIII 

I just got the Sharing is Caring trophy last night and can 100% confirm that you CAN complete the story and still get this trophy.  It is also incredibly important to follow what Socramies said:

"Simple way to check for that is to go to Options -> Database -> Statistics and what you are looking for here is that there is no red wording at the bottom saying that "you have no friends to compare with"."

If you can compare with friends then carry on playing.  I also ran in to another Royal Convoy before I finished playing last night.

Good Luck!

Not sure if this is still the case, but there was an issue where the sharing is caring social stuff didnt/doesn't? work if you have more than 100 friends on your friend list.

Some kind of wierd lecacy issue due to the game being developed for ps3 and ps4.

If you're having trouble try culling your list to below 100.

good luck :)

So I unlinked my Uplay account from my PSN account and will be trying to start finding these community events. I tried the thing where I switched from single player to multiplayer but lost my patience after 5 or so tries and having it still say "no friends to compare with" or whatever.

Please add me to facilitate finding these events. I don't have a lot of friends that have AC4 on PS4.

PSN: PLamb858

This trophy just seems to be a massive glitch, the worst thing is Ubisoft probably won't do an update for it or even acknowledge there is a problem with comparing stuff with friends.

Also if it does manage to work though somehow then it would be pretty decent to have people who play it.

I could do with some AC4 friends so please add me if you will. (PSN is the same as my name and sig)

Well I played the game for 148 hours and found one share while replaying a mission which didn't appear when the mission ended. It's all very odd. I have over 99 PSN friends. No Uplay friends (although I did have to create another account just to link my PSN)

That red message thing has been removed in the update? As I can't find it. 

http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/profile/MissSouthampt0n

Copied from tips which I just wrote for you guys who tries to get this trophie.

This trophie will make you hate AC4 unless it is patched by Ubisoft...

There are three types of discoveries which are White Whale, Royal Convoy and Social Chest. These will only appear if you are connected to Ubisoft servers and have activated your Uplay passport. It is also important to note that these will show randomly, both random times and random locations (light blue icon on your map). You don't need to worry about sharing them because PS4 does it automatically once you discover the social event. The 'fun' part is to find these events in order to share it and THERE IS ONLY 1 SERVER WHICH SHOWS THESE EVENTS. P.S. You don't need to kill a white whale or board royal convoy for this trophy - just find them.

I am writing this tip before the release of patch (or maybe the patch will never come out), so here I am giving you a map with locations of these events: http://www.jp.guihard.net/IMG/jpg/map-social-events.jpg
I don't take credits for this picture, just found it while was doing trophy for myself.

Now read carefully...

1. Go to that topic or any other where people share where they found an event (https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11172-sharing-is-caring-post-your-last-find/page-2)
2. Once you found a person who shared what you wanted to find - Add that person (he must accept) and go to single player.
3. Once you entered the game... IF you saw a notification that the person who you just added found that social event then you are super lucky and you can go and get that event either by sailing to those coordinates or it will be shown on your map (light blue icon)
4. If there was no notification about it then you are on 'fake' server. Press PS -> Settings -> Network -> Uncheck and Check 'Connect to the Internet' -> PS -> Return to game
5. On bottom left you will see empty 'wi-fi' icon which means you're disconnected from Ubisoft servers. In order to reconnect press Options -> Database -> Leaderboards (It will force the game to re-connect)
6. Once it is connected go to gameplay and if there is notification about that friend who shared an event than you are on right server and don't dare to leave it!!! If there is no notification then repeat steps 4-6.

Note: If there was a notification that friend shared a discovery but you can't find it then most likely it expired (these events have timer from 4-12 hours as far as I know)
Nore 2: It can take you 1, 10, 100 swaps of servers until you manage to get to the right server... its pure luck.

I hope this tip will help you to get this annoying achievement. Good luck!

They fixed or did whatever they need to do (turn them off and on again) the servers yesterday or day before so people on PS4 with under 99 friends can now find these. As you need, it states, to be connected to Uplay I am unsure if you can find them if you have over 99 friends. I am trying to see if it still works if you have exceeded the 99 friend limit.