Removing a 0% Idea

LegendExeter

Hello,

I put in NFS Shift 2 today and I'm like...I don't know about this.

I had a thought if I was to consider skipping this title and remove it from 0% off my list clearly I could just buy a PS4 which is possible.

However could I not just get a playstation plus membership, put all of my save files in the cloud, then reformat my ps3 hardrive and remove the 0% trophy list that way?

Then re download all of my saved files to my hard drive?

Is there any cons to this plan that I'm not thinking of?

Pretty sure if it's already synced to your profile, you need to delete it from a PS4. The only other way would be to hide your 0% list.

Deleting user from PS3 or formatting a PS3 would work only if the list wasn't synced to your profile.

• Like 2

Thank you for your responses.  Perhaps I could pose another technological challenge.

My NFS Most Wanted game had a glitch occur...long story short...I tried to use something in game to bypass the glitch...Concourse level 71 mode...and even that glitched...freezing my single and online player speed level so I couldn't progress.

I spoke with EA advisors and they said they had no idea when I should check back for a fix just make a forum post and hope basically.

After a few days I thought they won't fix it so I'm like...I will just delete my account from their servers and start over so I put in a Request to be Forgotten which is a permanent removal of my account "suppposedly".

I then log in Wednesday Night as I got a response saying my request has been processed and the online game works again.  So I play for 4 hours.  I wake up the next morning and my entire online profile has been deleted...or has it?

I submit a new ticket to EA Help stating I want my account reinstated as they fixed the strange glitch on my account and then deleted my account.  

When I go to Origins EA my user name there is LegendExeter1 and when I try to edit it...to without the 1 my PSN ID it says that username has already been taken on another account.  So it's like they banned me in a sense to lock me out of my account online per the right to be forgotten request.  Yet my email is still active on EA Origins.

When I go into the game it knows my user name and it even knows the 6.7 million speed points I have it just won't connect to their servers because of my PSN ID.

So as I don't want this affecting other EA titles do I change my PSN user ID to bypass the permanent ban on my original user name?  If I change my PSN ID on my ps3 do I keep my trophy and game saves or do I have to start all over with a new ID entirely losing all trophy data?

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

So as I don't want this affecting other EA titles do I change my PSN user ID to bypass the permanent ban on my original user name?  If I change my PSN ID on my ps3 do I keep my trophy and game saves or do I have to start all over with a new ID entirely losing all trophy data?

I'm pretty sure that a PSN name change will not remove trophy data or saves, but I can't guarantee that a name change will work or correct the problem with EA here. Your original PSN name is always going to be used by you, even if you change it to something else. So an example: If you were to go from LegendExeter to LegendExeter1, it will show your account as the 'new' named account... but LegendExeter will continue to be unavailable since it's still 'in use' even though the naming has changed.

You are essentially tying together 2 names to 1 account, both become unavailable for future use by someone else. With this in mind, it may not fix your issue here.

Edited by agorazUHD
Included quote

I'm surprised that there aren't people with PS4's offering to delete 0% trophy information for people for like $3 or $5 a pop, that way they could pay for the cost of the PS4.  Offering it like a business or service.

Just a clarification on PSNP, if I have the game deleted or do it myself on PS4, will it unsynch from this website as well or do I need to go into my trophy settings and hide it?

-------------

In regard to the EA issue, I'm not really sure what to do about that, and since I believe they are using a "perma-ban" to grand the "right to be forgotten" request, than to discuss it in public on a forum is a faux pas I'm sure.  If I knew how the account was locked by them I could know how to get around it.  If it's an IP ban, I could just change my IP address, use Proxy Servers, if it's an email ban, just change my email; yet I think their tech team would know these things as most people do so they would reassociate my email with a different account that is unused or they would ban the PSN ID.  In either case per your explanation there is no way I could get around that, since if I changed my user name and you're saying my old user name is still tied to my account then it would still block me I gather.

It's just frustrating because I did this mistakenly to delete my account, and now it's like I'm going to be locked out of all online EA play going forward.  Is there anything I can do, prior to testing different email addresses or PSN ID?  I mean if I do nothing and buy a PS4 or PS5, I still won't be able to play their games online.

13 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I'm surprised that there aren't people with PS4's offering to delete 0% trophy information for people for like $3 or $5 a pop, that way they could pay for the cost of the PS4.  Offering it like a business or service.

I really don’t think there’s a lot of people worried about this, enough to cater to any kind of “market” at least. Plus, we wouldn’t allow advertising it here as it would require account sharing. 

When you delete a 0%, it’ll reflect here after the site updates with at least one new trophy. 

• Like 1