Splitgate Unlocking Trophies but no trophy list

Juxta-Dowgle

Funny seeing this many people get mad over the lack of a platinum trophy. Trophy hunting is cool and all but when it determines what games I play and don’t play that’s a sign it’s becoming more of chore than what it’s all about which is having fun. As for the 1,047 wins, I’ll just play a few matches a day every now and then over the course of a few months when I’m bored. Who knows, it might even get a platinum when it releases out of beta this month.

Edited by Andumssssssssss
Typo
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Andumssssssssss said:

Funny seeing this many people get mad over the lack of a platinum trophy. Trophy hunting is cool and all but when it determines what games I play and don’t play that’s a sign it’s becoming more of choir than what it’s all about which is having fun. As for the 1,047 wins, I’ll just play a few matches a day every now and then over the course of a few months when I’m bored. Who knows, it might even get a platinum when it releases out of beta this month.

That's because people are different. People like different things. Also chore not choir lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

That's because people are different. People like different things. Also chore not choir lol. 

Sorry typed that while driving, edited the typo. While Splitgate has been getting a second life with its soon to be console release and Halo releasing in a few months. I’m curious to see how this game will end up doing long term. It’s in a very weird spot that you don’t see happen to games often.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:39 PM, MLG_WildCard said:

To anyone upset about the platinum trophy... wait. for. full. game. release.

Games can't change the trophy list once it's been created - they can adjust the criteria required to unlock trophies, and rename them (like some games have when serves have gone offline or it was too much of a grind), but they specifically can't change the grade, add trophies, or insert a platinum.

They can add more trophies via a 'DLC' list, but not a plat.

The only way this would be able to get one is if they've pulled the game (as it was only a beta) and the real launch version was a new background ID, so technically a new game. Which they could do but it's highly unlikely.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Detox2033 said:

Please write here when the trophy list sync problem is fixed (on ps4). I won't play this game until this isn't a problem anymore, someone here wrote 27.8.

It won't sync until the games out of beta, you're in a for a long wait. Just play the game now, nothing bad will happen. 

On 8/5/2021 at 5:10 AM, MarioMan200 said:

Dude just make an alt acc or play it on another platform. Not playing a game your interested in because "trofy too long" is one of the dumbest excuses that I've heard a thousand times. People like you are the sole reason why I believe some games never do that well and that whole paragraph makes you sound like you've never heard of the word fun. This game is really fun especially with friends, who cares if a trophy takes long to get if the game seems fun to you then it shouldn't be an issue to obtain by then. It isn't that hard to ignore a games trophy list once in a while to enjoy a game like this. Have a little fun for once is what I'm saying to you.

Other way of looking at it, if this is something that you've heard often and contributes to a game not succeeding, wouldn't you think the developers would catch on?

I mean, there are so many games on the market, and so much choice, throwing up a game with a trophy list that just screams "we're gonna troll you, enjoy grinding a thousand wins suckers" seems like a poor strategy. It's not difficult or challenging, it's just time consuming. When I see that type of trophy, it makes me think that the developers expect the game to die fast and hope this shit keeps the MP alive for more than a month.

This game will have a small die hard core base of gamers, and otherwise get ignored by the masses.

• Like 1

I'm slightly off-topic here... I've started Splitgate and I'm very surprised at how fun it is. It seems to me that this is the most fun online FPS of the PS4 lol. I've not played many of them though. I miss the old days of Socom 1 and TimeSplitters on PS2, or Duke Nukem Forever on PS3.

I like how smooth online gameplay is. I've always lamenting delays in popular FPSes between the moment I shoot and the moment the online game registers my enemy getting hit. How many times have I fired a grenade launcher in Battlefield only for my grenade to get lost in time and space when my enemy kills me, unscathed.

In Splitgate, it appears to be instantaneous.

Plus there is no lock-on auto aim like in Call of Duty and many others that strips the shootout from any aiming skills. I like this.

Playing with portals is also great fun and a clever way to outsmart more skilled FPS players.

Do you agree ? If not, what similar FPS would you recommend ?

On 14/08/2021 at 06:36, turniplord said:

Les jeux ne peuvent pas modifier la liste des trophées une fois qu'elle a été créée - ils peuvent ajuster les critères requis pour déverrouiller les trophées et les renommer (comme certains jeux l'ont fait lorsque les services sont hors ligne ou que c'était trop compliqué), mais ils peuvent spécifiquement Ne changez pas la note, n'ajoutez pas de trophées ou n'insérez pas de platine.

Ils peuvent ajouter plus de trophées via une liste « DLC », mais pas un plat.

La seule façon d'en obtenir un est de retirer le jeu (car ce n'était qu'une version bêta) et la vraie version de lancement était un nouvel identifiant d'arrière-plan, donc techniquement un nouveau jeu. Ce qu'ils pourraient faire, mais c'est hautement improbable.

This is not true. For ARK Survival Evolved, 1 trophy was added a few months after its release to get platinum.

Edited by Nerkey

I got the 100% i’m just waiting for them to make the patch to let me sync to psn the 1047 wins was a grind but i did enjoy the game ! 

P.S let me add the trophies are glitched I got the 1047 wins at 1060 wins and someone else got the 1047 trophy at 1033 wins 

Edited by BEYOND-EVIL
wanted to add more information

13 hours ago, BEYOND-EVIL said:

I got the 100% i’m just waiting for them to make the patch to let me sync to psn the 1047 wins was a grind but i did enjoy the game ! 

P.S let me add the trophies are glitched I got the 1047 wins at 1060 wins and someone else got the 1047 trophy at 1033 wins 

Whats your play time? 1047 wins sounds like it would take forever

2 hours ago, Flipendo52 said:

Whats your play time? 1047 wins sounds like it would take forever

Sorry had to edit, I checked it says i have 110 Hours played on splitgate and i have like 1,500 matches in total the damage trophy is glitched I unlocked it at 540K btw. the best game mode to get wins is team swat goes by the fastest imo 

Edited by BEYOND-EVIL
forgot to add something
  • Like 1