Trophy bugged? Iron mode and Mutation

zedemer

Hello all,

I'm basically at 97% completion of this game, and my last 3 missing trophies were the DLC1 ones: Mutation, Iron Mode, Toy (something). So, I started NG+ based on prev slot, reduced to Reader difficulty for an easier fast run, selected Iron Mode and My Weapons mutations.

Got the toy achievement on time, and just finished the game 10min ago. But the last 2 trophies didn't pop :(. I read about some glitches trophies, but this is the only glitch I had encountered so far. I would be a shame if I truly can't get them without potentially starting a new game... again. And even then, what's to stop the glitch to pop up again? 

So any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you wait for the credits to stop?  I think this game gives those trophies at the very end.  And its a super glitchy game. Reload the last chapter and play it again, wait for credits to complete. Thats all i can suggest. Iron mode is super annoying. 

I only selected Iron Mode as a mutator on my NG+ and did somewhat of a careful speed run thru this mode, mandatory tasks only. 

Edited by audiopile

2 hours ago, audiopile said:

Did you wait for the credits to stop?  I think this game gives those trophies at the very end.  And its a super glitchy game. Reload the last chapter and play it again, wait for credits to complete. Thats all i can suggest. Iron mode is super annoying. 

I only selected Iron Mode as a mutator on my NG+ and did somewhat of a careful speed run thru this mode, mandatory tasks only. 

Yes, I replayed the last chapter - the Finale, not Dead City, and this time I left the credits roll completely - no difference. I mean, I can replay Dead City too, but I don't see what difference it would make since they are separate chapters. 

I suppose I can redo the entire run using Iron Mode only, maybe on Easy instead of Reader difficulty. But I'm getting my hands on Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart tonight and I don't have the energy to do this run anytime soon. 

5 minutes ago, zedemer said:

Yes, I replayed the last chapter - the Finale, not Dead City, and this time I left the credits roll completely - no difference. I mean, I can replay Dead City too, but I don't see what difference it would make since they are separate chapters. 

I suppose I can redo the entire run using Iron Mode only, maybe on Easy instead of Reader difficulty. But I'm getting my hands on Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart tonight and I don't have the energy to do this run anytime soon. 

There's another thread about the trophies glitching and the fix was to format the ps5, and play the game offline with no saves

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

There's another thread about the trophies glitching and the fix was to format the ps5, and play the game offline with no saves

Thanks for the info. I read through that thread. It appears that it requires a few pretty big few steps: factory reset console + some little save file work + starting new fresh saves offline. Problem with these 2 trophies is that they are on NG+. So that means I'd have to complete the game not once again, but twice. It appears that there's a potential patch in the future to fix this, and I hope that's the case, because as it stands, I won't put another 5-6 hrs into trying to get just 2 trophies. Shitty situation, but I'm not that much of a completionist to go through that :P

17 hours ago, zedemer said:

Thanks for the info. I read through that thread. It appears that it requires a few pretty big few steps: factory reset console + some little save file work + starting new fresh saves offline. Problem with these 2 trophies is that they are on NG+. So that means I'd have to complete the game not once again, but twice. It appears that there's a potential patch in the future to fix this, and I hope that's the case, because as it stands, I won't put another 5-6 hrs into trying to get just 2 trophies. Shitty situation, but I'm not that much of a completionist to go through that 

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for patches, really. Seems that the trophies can unlock as they should in different circunstances, probably due to the order and number of playthroughs, and I think this alone is providing the developer with data showing that everything is fine. Trophy management isn't either a priority nor it is something complicated implement, if it was something on the top of the list, they would have noticed and fixed by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I just finished my NG+ run and both Iron Mode and Mutation popped but then when I went to check the trophies, Mutation was no longer unlocked.

I've since repeated the Finale and watched the credits a couple of times and Mutation simply won't pop again. Not sure if the game simply thinks I already have it or what.

• 5 months later...

Hey, I finished my second NG+ run yesterday, I selected Iron Mode and All Weapons and rushed through the game in about 5-6 hours on reader difficulty, but unfortunately the last missing trophy (Iron Mode) didn't pop up. Has anyone who had this error gotten the trophy in the meantime? If yes how? And what settings did the people use who got the trophy without any problems?

• 5 months later...
I finally got the Iron Mode trophy with the following instructions:

Please try the following steps and let us know if it helped you:

1. Reinstall the game.
2. Log out of your PSN account, create a new offline user and skip PSN login.
3. Using the new offline user/profile, go to Settings – Users and Accounts – Remove your main profile.
4. Go to the PSN Store and log in with your PSN account.
5. Restore the licenses using the following option: Settings - Users and Accounts - Other - Restore Licenses.
6. If you have PSN Plus, you can download your game data from Settings - Save Data - Game Settings.
7. Turn off your internet connection to the console.
8. Go to the main menu and it should now show 0/69 Trophies for Metro Exodus.
9. Launch Metro Exodus and the trophies should appear.
10. Turn the internet connection back on and sync trophies. This may take a few minutes and some trophies may not appear immediately. Please allow a few minutes for them to fully sync.

Please back up your profile before following these steps as you may lose your saved videos and screenshots.

The missing trophy didn't appear automatically, I had to load my last save file (with which I played through twice in New Game+ on iron mode without success). Then I ran the last chapter, which only consists of a video, and at the end the missing trophy finally popped up. I followed all the other steps exactly the same; by the way, I did the whole thing on the PS5. And my trophies in the game were only back to 0 when I started the game so don't let that bother you.

I hope that I can help someone with this.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

This was the only thing that worked for me, thanks!

On 10/6/2023 at 2:13 AM, Ruffy-_-95 said:

1. Reinstall the game.
3. Using the new offline user/profile, go to Settings – Users and Accounts – Remove your main profile.
5. Restore the licenses using the following option: Settings - Users and Accounts - Other - Restore Licenses.
6. If you have PSN Plus, you can download your game data from Settings - Save Data - Game Settings.
10. Turn the internet connection back on and sync trophies. This may take a few minutes and some trophies may not appear immediately. Please allow a few minutes for them to fully sync.

Please back up your profile before following these steps as you may lose your saved videos and screenshots.

The missing trophy didn't appear automatically, I had to load my last save file (with which I played through twice in New Game+ on iron mode without success). Then I ran the last chapter, which only consists of a video, and at the end the missing trophy finally popped up. I followed all the other steps exactly the same; by the way, I did the whole thing on the PS5. And my trophies in the game were only back to 0 when I started the game so don't let that bother you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 10:13 PM, Ruffy-_-95 said:

1. Reinstall the game.

thank you very much.  I tried and it worked!!