Thanks for what you did to my favourite game Atlus

Glitches… Glitches all over.

I got ghost people in the dialogs, I got people frozen after the dialogs.. and unfortunately I see a lot of guys after a quick googling that experienced same issues.

They released the western version almost 1 year later than Japan but is this what we get ?

Edit: Fountain of Life (even in different locations) freezes the game meaning that the game is totally unplayable. After reinstalling I’ll be here once again and fill in what happened..

Edited by Akechi-no-Yabou
Status change

Strange, from what I've heard, most of the major bugs have been patched out. It still isn't perfect but I generally haven't heard too many complaints from people that have played it, unless they've played it on PC or Switch which seem to somehow perform worse than the PS4 version (PC version has infrequent crashes anyway), at least from what I hear.

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Nocturne is one of my favourite JRPGs as well, and I was planning to some day replay this version for my 250th or 300th milestone plat. Hopefully they may continue to iron out glitches, but it seems Atlus has kinda already forgot about this port sadly.

Edit: I have to wonder if perhaps the glitches are region specific. I remember when they re-released the PS2 version of Nocturne around 2015, when they put up a digital version of it on PS3, and produced new discs for the PS2. In Europe, there were issues with the game freezing during one of the endings (unless you played it in French, for some reason), both on the PS3 version, and on the new PS2 discs. This issue apparently wasn't present in the North American re-release/PS2 Classics versions.

I noticed you seem to be playing the European version of this game. Makes me wonder if Atlus screwed something up on the European side again. I can't imagine how, but it wouldn't be the first time. Hopefully that isn't the case, since I own the UK/PEGI version of the game myself.

Unfortunately, I doubt the issues will ever be fixed if that's the case. Atlus has often given Europeans the shaft, we had to wait a year for SMTIV to release here after America, and only received it digitally, there's been a few games we've never received in Europe at all, and it's continued radio silence on whether or not Europe will ever get the premium edition of SMTV or the steelbook.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

2 hours ago, Akechi-no-Yabou said:

Reinstalled to no avail. Once again the guy in Yoyogi park is invisible, meaning nothing changed.

Wonder if I can get my money back somehow..

Might be a long shot but it may be worth contacting Atlus directly.

They were replacing people's copies of Persona Q when some of the cartridges started failing 6 or so years after release, long past the warranty. They may ask you to post the game to them though (assuming you got it physically).

Really bizarre you're having so many issues. I've heard of issues with the screen occasionally fading to black after a boss battle or such and never coming out of it, ending trophies not popping, or random freezing (which was an issue in the original release as well, just a fairly rare occurrence), but this is the first I've heard of the issues you've described. Assuming you've got the game all updated to the latest patch and what not, I have no idea what could be causing these issues. I've occasionally encountered the odd glitch or other stability issues that no one, or barely anyone else, has ever encountered in a game though, so could just be you're unfortunately really unlucky.

4 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Might be a long shot but it may be worth contacting Atlus directly.

They were replacing people's copies of Persona Q when some of the cartridges started failing 6 or so years after release, long past the warranty. They may ask you to post the game to them though (assuming you got it physically).

Really bizarre you're having so many issues. I've heard of issues with the screen occasionally fading to black after a boss battle or such and never coming out of it, ending trophies not popping, or random freezing (which was an issue in the original release as well, just a fairly rare occurrence), but this is the first I've heard of the issues you've described. Assuming you've got the game all updated to the latest patch and what not, I have no idea what could be causing these issues. I've occasionally encountered the odd glitch or other stability issues that no one, or barely anyone else, has ever encountered in a game though, so could just be you're unfortunately really unlucky.

I contacted Sega support however they just sent me one of those copy paste replies with the most common IT people approach asking me to rebuild database/initialize PS4.

-

At the end the support guy in Sega told me that they was nothing they could do except informing the bugs that I've encountered to the developers.

It's been a very weird experience for me.. Now I'm waiting for Sony's reply to my refund application.

Edit: got my refund. Case closed..

Status

• 5 months later...

From what I've played it's an extremely low effort remaster. Done in Unity and runs basically worse than the original did for an exorbitant price even on sale. Not being able to get a PS2 game running at 60fps in this day and age is inexcusable. The only "improvement" is the voice acting and the addition of Raidou in the Western release finally (Dante being $15 DLC is fucking ridiculous). You're better off playing the original unless you really wanna earn a platinum trophy on it. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Was thinking of picking this up in Xmas sales. 5 months since the last post, any patches since or anyone currently playing having many issues?

A month later, but I’m playing the US release (which I snagged for $19.99 at Amazon).

I’ve had none of the issues mentioned in the OP, but the game does crash occasionally (usually immediately after a cutscene). I agree that it’s a low-effort remaster, but it’s fine at half price or so.

• 5 months later...