Best way to get Universal Profile XP?

BlueShadow17

• 1 month later...

What did you end up doing (I see you got the platinum)?  Any good tricks for leveling up now?

I am only in the low 30’s so it seems like a really long ways to go.  I assume each subsequent level needs more XP than the one before? 

I think one of the posts said Conquest but that mode confuses me lol.  So far I have just been doing some moments and collections, sort of slow going.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 2:59 AM, BlueShadow17 said:

This is the best method, and I used this… hard to find this guys channel unfortunately.

Required: Hori Commander/ Turbo Controller, Duct or Scotch Tape, Two Controllers & Patience

Does this method still work? the only trophies I need left are level 50 and Silver level 1 for the platinum

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 10:22 PM, Jay_Real83 said:

Does this method still work? the only trophies I need left are level 50 and Silver level 1 for the platinum

Not sure. I haven’t played Show 20 since I platinumed it this summer. As long as online is still available I would say yes, there’s no reason to think they have patched a 2 year old game with Show 22 being worked on now. I would do it as soon as possible tho, I think Show 18 servers goes off online this year. Also the XP you can earn in a 24 hour period is capped so it will take several days of boosting to hit Silver 1 or essentially level 100 prestige 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The method in neos video still works, only thing I would suggest is I'm not sure if he mentioned it or not, But definitely turn the injuries all the way down on the sliders, A couple of times I went AFK and I came back and it was bouncing around one of the menus because my picture got injured

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

The last couple MLB the Show titles have far more straightforward and shorter trophy lists. This one, while not as bad as MLB the Show 19 (too much Diamond Dynasty crap), overstays it’s welcome as some of the trophies turn this into a 60 - 80 hour grind fest.

Young Neo’s method still works, but unfortunately even if you have a Hori controller like him you’re still going to be doing it a while due to the XP caps. 

I don’t have the luxury of having a PS4 turbo controller and the cheap one I bought is only compatible with PS3, so I will have to grind Silver level 1, the last trophy I need for platinum. This is the equivalent of The Godfather trophy from GTA Vice City, a bunch of unnecessary grinding and a waste of time.

I’m level 55, so I’m a long ways off. 

Edited by AJ_Radio
Senseless grinding is bad
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has XP been nerfed since the guide was written or am I doing something very wrong? It says 40 hours estimated to platinum and PS5 has me at 50 hours and I just got to level 50. I've completed all trophies apart from Silver level 1 and have been sticking mainly to conquest, playing at veteran level, and I'm wrapping up my second map. I've fully completed 10 team collections, done a few to 30 and working on the rest to get to at least 30 collected players. Not sure if levels increase in XP required but best case I'm half way which puts it at over 100 hours for me.

Edit: Finished the platinum at 130 hours (however I left the game running multiple times overnight or at work and estimate it was around 100 hours—still far off from the 40 hours in the guide which was one of the things that kept me from playing it before. I ended up doing:

All gameplay associated with other trophies

3 conquest maps to 100%

Completed around 8 moment series as well as 20 or so individual team affinity moments

All team collections to 30 players including 20 teams to 100% which led to 2 complete divisions collections

Various other collections part way such as equipment, stadiums, limited card collections etc.

Edited by ThereWiIIBeBlood
  • Like 1