So this is 1 of the 2 final Vita games

aimeraya

Even Sony gave up closing PSSTORE on vita for now, but they won't accept submission of any Vita game from July 20th.

So Russian Subway Dogs and Ultra Mission have been our 2 last Vita games.

I'm still waiting for a friend to lend me his copy of Unmetal.

R.I.P, PlayStation Vita.

There are 7, potentially 8 Vita games coming out today:

Brotherhood United isn't mentioned in the above video but there are 4 potential Vita stacks + 2 additional PS4 stacks coming for that one. The iffy title is Seraphim, because the developer doesn't know if it will make the deadline or not.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There are 7, potentially 8 Vita games coming out today:

Brotherhood United isn't mentioned in the above video but there are 4 potential Vita stacks + 2 additional PS4 stacks coming for that one. The iffy title is Seraphim, because the developer doesn't know if it will make the deadline or not.

Seraphim did not make the deadline and Indigo 7 seems to be a bit up in the air. Maybe this is a hint at a physical release or something?

Oh, and Mighty No. 9 for the Vita still isn't cancelled so it will probably drop on PSN at some point during the day. Any minute now...

7 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Seraphim did not make the deadline and Indigo 7 seems to be a bit up in the air. Maybe this is a hint at a physical release or something?

Oh, and Mighty No. 9 for the Vita still isn't cancelled so it will probably drop on PSN at some point during the day. Any minute now...

I hope Indigo 7 makes it to the Vita but there isn't much time left so the odds are very low indeed :(.

This game looks pretty neat and I'm pleased that the trophy list seems to be something that'll take effort to 100%. Makes a change from most of the other Vita releases these past few years. I wouldn't exactly say the Vita is "going out with a bang", but it could have been far worse. I'm glad they managed to get this one out in time. I think I'll pick it up.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

43 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I hope Indigo 7 makes it to the Vita but there isn't much time left so the odds are very low indeed :(.

There is a sort of a hint on the possible physical release by the developer. 

7 minutes ago, ConAir said:

There is a sort of a hint on the possible physical release by the developer. 

I'm confused around the physical releases. I know Play-Asia still has carts and releases coming, but from what I have gathered from their tweets and from EastAsiaSoft, all games coming physically have already been made, and those carts have already been printed. There are no new carts being certified and cart production has stopped in all regions, so if it hasn't been manufactured by now, it isn't coming.

Perhaps Indigo 7 was already completed a few months ago and has gone through Sony's certification process and those carts have been printed? Seems odd then to not release it digitally in the meantime...

8 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm confused around the physical releases. I know Play-Asia still has carts and releases coming, but from what I have gathered from their tweets and from EastAsiaSoft, all games coming physically have already been made, and those carts have already been printed. There are no new carts being certified and cart production has stopped in all regions, so if it hasn't been manufactured by now, it isn't coming.

Perhaps Indigo 7 was already completed a few months ago and has gone through Sony's certification process and those carts have been printed? Seems odd then to not release it digitally in the meantime...

The problem for all these indie devs are the extra costs and work to release these games in different regions. Especially in EU the PEGi costs are ridiculous and they require certain things to be translated in each country.

So just releasing it in 1 region as a physical release makes it affordable for them.

The same happened with Unmetal, it only got a physical release on the vita so far and is not available on any other platform yet because the dev prioritised this version to make sure it got finished before the physical deadline at the ens of last year.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Yes, eastasiasoft will release more physical releases for the PlayStation Vita and they are all produced allready. These copies are somewhere in a warehouse waiting for a reveal and a date and time to sell them.

That's why these games are shipped the next day.

Regarding the digital release the reply from @quadboy_007 says it all. To make it worse there are even games that are not released in Germany due to the extra costs for an USK rating.

• Like 1