Servers Turning Off Feb. 28th 2022

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows multiplayer servers will sunset on February 28, 2022. All offline game modes, along with online 1vs1 game matches, will still be available for play.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

As per official Bandai Facebook, The Servers will turn off on February 28th.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cinthia_mendes said:

So, no online trophies to worry about, right? 

Someone who has played the game confirm; I'll check later as well. Guide writers have been wrong before (looking at the writer of the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron guide).

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 3

I dont really recall too many fighting games shutting down thier servers that soon or at all(you can still play the original blazblue, dead or alive 5, marvel vs capcom 3 vanilla and street fighter 4 online if you still need trophies). The biggest i remember was mortal kombat vs dc universe(and later mk 10) and even that only shut down because of gamespy going out of business. Compared to sports games the lifespan for fighting games are quite generous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artty44 said:

Also it's not uncommon for fighting games (though this isn't a true fighting game) to turn off their servers after a short period of time. I can't find the article now but I read recently that 18 -24 mths seems to be the norm.

lol, what norm?

Can anyone name fighting games with shut down servers? Besides the free to play garbage I can only name King of Fighters 12 (which no one liked) and a couple Mortal Kombats.

DOA4 and after are all still online.

All the Mahvels are still up.

All the Tekkens are up.

Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter, Skullgirls, Persona and all those miscellaneous anime fighters like Arcana Heart are all still up.

All the Dragon Balls, Narutos, Bleach, Jump cross-overs and other stand alone games are all still up.

The fucking Deadliest Warrior games are still up.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

lol, what norm?

Can anyone name fighting games with shut down servers? Besides the free to play garbage I can only name King of Fighters 12 (which no one liked) and a couple Mortal Kombats.

All the Tekkens are up.

Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter, Skullgirls, Persona and all those miscellaneous anime fighters like Arcana Heart are all still up.

All the Dragon Balls, Narutos, Bleach, Jump cross-overs and other stand alone games are all still up.

Ok well, the article which I can no longer find, tracked the timeframe of a number of fighting games and how long their servers stayed online and it listed a number of games of which some MKs were amongst them as well as some others. That said, clearly you know these things better than I so I retract my comment.

• Like 2

On 20/7/2021 at 5:33 PM, jgm4789 said:

Kind of surprising considering bandai namco never really shut down servers other then thier f2p games. I expected theyd shut down the old naruto and dragonball games on ps3 before they shut this down.

Ridge Racer 7 (PS3) will celebrate its 15th (FIFTEENTH) anniversary later this year. The servers are still working.

Ridge Racer 6 (X360) is a year older than RR7 and guess what, the servers are still working for that game, too, lmao.

Edited by Lance_87

On 7/21/2021 at 0:40 AM, mcnichoj said:

lol, what norm?

All the Tekkens are up.

Tekken revolution already shutdown long time ago in 2017 I believe.

Edited by Hysteria

12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Ridge Racer 7 (PS3) will celebrate its 15th (FIFTEENTH) anniversary later this year. The servers are still working.

Ridge Racer 6 (X360) is a year older than RR7 and guess what, the servers are still working for that game, too, lmao.

About a year ago I threw Ridge Racer 7 for poops and giggles. I was shocked to find people still playing online. 

18 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

About a year ago I threw Ridge Racer 7 for poops and giggles. I was shocked to find people still playing online. 

I am shoked because the more i replay that game, the more i complete it lol. I never truly finished the singleplayer part. Now i'm 100% done with the RSGP and have completed the first 15 all UFRA challenges with very few tries.

Edited by Lance_87

11 hours ago, Hysteria said:

Tekken revolution already shutdown long time ago in 2017 I believe.

Yeah, I prefaced all that by saying "garbage free to play games".

Like even Rumble Roses XX and Girl Fight are still online.

Trends do exist for some server shut downs like the yearly sports titles and then certain other companies but Bamco is actually one of the good ones in this regard so that's why it's a little surprising that they're killing off one of their newer entries. DBZ Burst Limit is over ten years old and that's still 100% functional as far as I know.