Recommend some PS Vita games?

tranquility101

Hey PSN [Vita] Trophy Hunters,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some "chill" PS Vita games that have trophies?

I kinda enjoy turn-based / slow-paced games like Persona 4 or Quell Memento or Bridge Constructor when I'm working on a handheld -- puzzles, RPG, turn-based; things I can kinda watch TV while I play, not like twitchy Tomb Raider type stuff, though feel free to recommend those too if you like 'em ?

Sorry if this type of thread has already been made or something ? Have a good day and happy gaming!

6 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some "chill" PS Vita games that have trophies?

I kinda enjoy turn-based / slow-paced games like Persona 4 or Quell Memento or Bridge Constructor when I'm working on a handheld -- puzzles, RPG, turn-based; things I can kinda watch TV while I play, not like twitchy Tomb Raider type stuff, though feel free to recommend those too if you like 'em 1f601.png

Sorry if this type of thread has already been made or something 1f601.png Have a good day and happy gaming!

Ratchet & Clank series

Jak series

• Like 1

You could try Hyperdimension Rebirth trilogy on Vita. The combat is turn based, but you can move around on the field as well. Pretty fun little series as well.

If you like SRPGs, you could try Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and Mask of Deception. They're visual novel style games with SRPG action in between. Hyperdevotion Noire also has this style, but I didn't think it was as fun.

There's no shortage of just straight up Visual Novels, but I'd recommend the Danganronpa mainline games. There's tons of other great games, but these are ones that you wouldn't get punished if you didn't look at the Vita for a bit of time.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

I kinda enjoy turn-based / slow-paced games like Persona 4 or Quell Memento or Bridge Constructor when I'm working on a handheld -- puzzles, RPG, turn-based; things I can kinda watch TV while I play, not like twitchy Tomb Raider type stuff, though feel free to recommend those too if you like 'em 1f601.png

Sorry if this type of thread has already been made or something 1f601.png Have a good day and happy gaming!

Metal Gear Solid series

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Cosmic Star Heroine

This is the correct answer!

Also acceptable answers:

Lumines Electronic Symphony

Reverie

Bastion

Joe Danger

Broken Age

Teslagrad

Metrico

Child of Light

The Swapper

Guacamelee

Lone Survivor

Escape Plan

Severed

Thomas Was Alone

Murusaki Baby

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

Darkest Dungeon.

Get stressed while watching TV like never before!

SteamWorld Heist.

Get a hat and then some!

Lichtspeer

Chill by throwing spears at anything that moves!

La-Mulana EX (not sure if delisted or not)

Get lost at reading guides for this game!

P.S.

I'm only half-joking here BTW. Check'em out at least.

• Like 1

Some of the best vita ports that aren't action games I strongly recommend:

Child of Light (10-15 hr turn based RPG with absolutely gorgeous visuals on an OLED screeb)

Grim Fandango (Classic LucasArts adventure game from the 90s)

Stardew Valley (endless farming/life simulator that is as chill or frantic as you want it to be)

Hitman and Lara Croft Go (tabletop puzzle game. Cleverly encapsulates the essence of each series into this format)

Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 (if you are looking for a jrpg series to jump into after persona 4 golden I couldn't recommend Trails enough)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

Va-11 Hall-a is a real beauty

Gravity Rush is also very nice but somewhat less chill

• Like 1

hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 1 currently playing now I'm enjoying it, rpg type game.

rainbow moon is another one that's really good turned based type style.

uncharted golden abyss

final fantasy x and maybe x2?

borderlands 2 unless you already played it on other platforms

• Like 1

My Top 10 PSVita Games:

God of War Collection

Killzone Mercenary

Men's Room Mayhem

Motorstorm RC

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Salt And Sanctuary

Sound Shapes

Tearaway

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Wipeout 2048

Some great strategy/slow chill-out games:

Flow

Flower

Surge Deluxe

The Unfinished Swan

Warlock's Tower

Edited by ToasterBunny
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Everybody's Golf (aka Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational in North America). It offers a good challenge but is a very chill game where you can take your time. There are a few challenges where you have a limited time to swing but other than that you have all the time in the world to plan your shots. I adore the game and it's my favorite on Vita. 

Another good one is Hitman Go, which someone already suggested. That one has really great art direction in addition to nice puzzles.

It's not exactly chill if you go for all the trophies but it's, in my opinion, one of the best Vita games out there: Muramasa Rebirth, both base game and DLCs are masterpieces and probably one of my favorite games of all time.

Art, animation, music are all of stellar quality.

I can understand people finding the gampelay a bit repetitive at some point but it didn't bother me at all.

Available physically in US and Asia, only digital in EU.

• Like 1

Don't think I've seen any one mention these yet, so as a fellow turn-based fan I'd recommend the following:

World of Final Fantasy (hands down one of my favourites)

Tales of Hearts R (the story might not be the best, but the battle system is super fun)

The Atelier series. They come in trilogies (i.e. The Dusk trilogy is Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Escha & Logy and Atelier Shallie) and some entries have time limits. Having lots of fun with the Dusk games right now (that I'm playing backwards, go figure). The alchemy aspect pulled me in!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mishipyon said:

Tales of Hearts R (the story might not be the best, but the battle system is super fun)

The Atelier series. They come in trilogies (i.e. The Dusk trilogy is Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Escha & Logy and Atelier Shallie) and some entries have time limits. Having lots of fun with the Dusk games right now (that I'm playing backwards, go figure). The alchemy aspect pulled me in!

This was all what I was about to post, so I'll just +1 this 

On 7/20/2021 at 1:13 PM, AvengedEvil said:

Yep, can also recommend these two. Severed is Vita exclusive btw.

Thank you for mentioning Severed.  With try this one.  Much appreciated.

Daggerhood is one of my favs.  Fun for a chill game or to travel with.  Play and enjoy!

Telltale games like the first two seasons of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. I haven't played them on Vita, though. I'd probably just recommend playing them on home consoles instead.

Stardew Valley if you don't care about getting the platinum.

Sometimes You and Raitalaika games: Get them at your own discretion. Some are crap, of course.

POWGI games

Epic Word Search Collection Duology

Doki Doki Universe