Platinums on Epic Games Store

Cruscah

Epic recently updated their Trello and as we can see in some of the profiles... they are adding platinums!!!

Looks like the way that they are treating achievements are very similar to Sony, what's your guys thoughts on this?

Spoiler

wSe3Kg4.png

zmsYZrx.png

Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

did they say when theyll release this?

Unfortunately not, someone pointed out that the date on this image could be a hint, which is actually possible, considering that they are working on it since 2019.

4 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

I'll definitely be more motivated to start playing my EGS library now

Same, some games already have achievements, but they are only showing using the in-game overlay.

1 hour ago, ShadeSplit said:

Perhaps they had a look at the "popular games this week" section on this site.

Epic is very strict about adding new games to the store, let's hope that they will stay like that.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 2:43 PM, EverythingOnFire said:

traffic on the EGS launcher should increase dramatically.

Will increase for you or in general? In general people don't care about achievements/trophies. They're not enticing enough to make people leave Steam, especially when you consider not all games have them and EGS doesn't do anything to let you know which ones do unlike Steam and GOG which clearly indicate it on the games page.

On 11/1/2021 at 0:22 PM, mcnichoj said:

Will increase for you or in general? In general people don't care about achievements/trophies. They're not enticing enough to make people leave Steam, especially when you consider not all games have them and EGS doesn't do anything to let you know which ones do unlike Steam and GOG which clearly indicate it on the games page.

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't notice til just now.

For me, sure. I think in general too, though I shouldn't have used the word "dramatically." But yeah, I do expect there to be a upwards spike in user interest in the platform. Any  improvement to the ecosystem is bound to cause that. I think a lot more people will stick around/visit more frequently too. Achievements/trophies are important to more people now than ever before.

On 20.07.2021 at 8:43 PM, EverythingOnFire said:

I think it's great, and I imagine most others will think so too. I sort of hate admitting this, but I'll definitely be more motivated to start playing my EGS library now. Once all this is in full-swing, traffic on the EGS launcher should increase dramatically.

people on this site drastically overestimate how many people care about trophies/achievements. We are like 1-2% of overall playerbase, I really can't see in what world it would increase the traffic dramatically

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forunth said:

people on this site drastically overestimate how many people care about trophies/achievements. We are like 1-2% of overall playerbase, I really can't see in what world it would increase the traffic dramatically

I would argue that it's more than 2%, but looking at just PC gamer numbers, 2% is 35 million people. Like I said just above your post though, I shouldn't have used the word dramatically. That was unintentionally hyperbolic.

Edited by EverythingOnFire
mispelling

1 hour ago, EverythingOnFire said:

I would argue that it's more than 2%, but looking at just PC gamer numbers, 2% is 35 million people. Like I said just above your post though, I shouldn't have used the word dramatically. That was unintentionally hyperbolic.

well, Sony sold 13,4 million PS5 consoles, on psn profiles there are 135k owners of Astros Playroom, which is around 1%. Of course not all trophy hunters use psnprofiles, but it can be kinda showing of overall interest in trophies. Let's be generous and say it's 5%, still it's absurdly small number. Most game developers struggle to keep players engaged for long enough to even finish their game, completonists are way smaller group. 

Overall sentiment is nice, I'm sure there is big group of people (when you think in sheer numbers) that will be hyped about their platinums, but that group is tiny in relation to whole gaming population

• Like 1