Thought's on the game thus far?

Metroidvania buff here. Loving this game so far and am glad that they quickly fixed the trophy sync issue. 

The graphics are a superb 2.5 eyegasm, on the same level of beauty as Hollow Knight IMO, and movement/combat feels smooth thus far. Don't know how I feel about the platforming yet, as it hasn't got to that point (if it will at all) where it gets intricate/challenging. 

• Like 2

I’m 1 hour in and I’m loving it so far. I didn’t even know they had fixed the Trophy Synchronization issue already, I was about to make a post about it so thanks for letting me know! One thing you didn’t mention is the music and it sure deserves a mention given how good and moody it is!

• Like 2

3 hours in. Excellent so far. Feeling I'm going to hold this in the same regard as Hollowknight and Bloodstained. I've found the game pretty accessible (other than lack of handholding with regards to where to go but I think once you gain a new ability the map system hints at where you need to explore to progress) some bosses have surprised me and there's been some rooms filled with mobs and projectiles but I would say combat and platforming much easier than other games from what I've seen so far. 

• Like 1

Very fun so far. Killed 3 major bosses. And now getting my ass kicked by the enemies in the new area. ?

From what i hear though the grind to level 100 and to max 5 spirits will be quite boring.

1 hour ago, Iksde said:

Judging by the posts above, I assume that the game is already out, but I cannot find it in the PlayStation Store. 

Try this link https://store.playstation.com/concept/10001655

3 hours ago, Lymus said:

Very fun so far. Killed 3 major bosses. And now getting my ass kicked by the enemies in the new area. 1f601.png

From what i hear though the grind to level 100 and to max 5 spirits will be quite boring.

Try this link https://store.playstation.com/concept/10001655

Thanks for the link. For some reason, I cannot buy it. There is no price tag, it just says that it was announced. Weird. 

Fantastic game. I’m a huge metroidvania fan and I consider this one to be one of the best (if not THE best) one to come out in the last 2-3 years. I was super bummed when it initially got delayed for PS4 so I bought it for switch, now I’m playing it again on PlayStation.

I got all the achievements on switch (it has the same in-game list), and to the post above, the grind to level 100 isn’t bad at all, and will basically come naturally. In100%ed the game in 16.5 hours without a guide, and nothing is missable.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys the game!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Iksde said:

Judging by the posts above, I assume that the game is already out, but I cannot find it in the PlayStation Store. 

6 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Sounds like a lot of fun so far. I too, can not find this listed in the PSN store. How much is it? Thanks 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6492-CUSA26115_00-5192797089817796

That's the US store. 24.99 there. Sorry, not sure if Its the right store for you guys. I'm still waiting for it to drop in the AU store

• Like 1

Don't know if there are missable trophies, but I am making a cloud save around 10 hours in just to be safe. 

Trophies are 100% glitched as all hell in this game though, I beat the third boss and then and ONLY THEN did it pop trophies for beating the 2nd boss and for getting 5 abilities. Really strange trophy behaviour from this game so far. 

Game itself is amazing thus far though. 

Edited by The_Great_Wumbo

2 hours ago, Mitzuharu said:

Does anyone know if any trophies are missable?

Played for 1 hour and it definitely has a lonely Hollow Knight feeling, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Kinda. You need to collect 7 tablets to make a relic for Endling C. I recommend do it in the same save you plan to explore 100% of the map. 

What i did:

Explored 100% of the map, did a save backup, got ending A. Reloaded. Got ending B, reloaded. Got ending C. After you kill the last boss, go to menu and continue the game AFTER killing it. There will be a relic in the bench before the last boss room. This will be your Last trophy. 

Different than people said above, it's quite easy and fast to reach Level 100, got it before face Last boss. Also, if you explore 100%, you will have enough materials to upgrade 6-7 Spirits. So, Stick with the same ones until they reach Max level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuancarloSilva said:

Kinda. You need to collect 7 tablets to make a relic for Endling C. I recommend do it in the same save you plan to explore 100% of the map. 

What i did:

Explored 100% of the map, did a save backup, got ending A. Reloaded. Got ending B, reloaded. Got ending C. After you kill the last boss, go to menu and continue the game AFTER killing it. There will be a relic in the bench before the last boss room. This will be your Last trophy. 

Different than people said above, it's quite easy and fast to reach Level 100, got it before face Last boss. Also, if you explore 100%, you will have enough materials to upgrade 6-7 Spirits. So, Stick with the same ones until they reach Max level. 

Good advice as far as sticking with the same spirits. That being said, the endings aren’t even missable, when you beat the game and reload your save you can get different ones. Even if you get the 7 tablets, you dont have to equip the final item that gets you the real ending.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I made a separate thread about it to discuss it, but I just wanted to know if anyone else here was experiencing weird behaviour with the trophies? Like delayed pops or trophies not popping at all despite meeting easy/obvious requirements? I just missed out on another 2 trophies and I'm scared that they are gonna autopop later when I do another random trophy leading to weird timestamps. I'm not down to have this game flagged or be forced to hide it from my profile due to BS out of my control lol. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The_Great_Wumbo said:

Hey guys, I made a separate thread about it to discuss it, but I just wanted to know if anyone else here was experiencing weird behaviour with the trophies? Like delayed pops or trophies not popping at all despite meeting easy/obvious requirements? I just missed out on another 2 trophies and I'm scared that they are gonna autopop later when I do another random trophy leading to weird timestamps. I'm not down to have this game flagged or be forced to hide it from my profile due to BS out of my control lol. 

Weird, everything is popping right now queue for me so far. Hope you find a fix!

2 hours ago, The_Great_Wumbo said:

I only got a few trophies, but they popped up immediately upon doing the required action.

15 hours ago, SnowStorm said:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6492-CUSA26115_00-5192797089817796

That's the US store. 24.99 there. Sorry, not sure if Its the right store for you guys. I'm still waiting for it to drop in the AU store

I am using the Polish store, and there it just says the game has been announced. I hope it eventually becomes available. Anyway, thank you for the link.

Edit:

I checked the Twitter account for the game. There is an ongoing issue with publishing the game inc certain regions. 

Edited by Iksde

19 minutes ago, Lymus said:

Well platinumed the game now.

It's very good overall. 
Just that i wish it was longer. It's soo good.

Visuals are fantastic, soundtrack is great, gameplay is fun.

Time and difficulty estimate? 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

2 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Time and difficulty estimate? 

Well ingame time says 15h30m. I didn't idle much from what i remember.

Difficulty I'd say a 6-7, if you don't grind the bosses will always be a bit of a challenge but none took me more than a few tries. And some of the later areas do have some challange but nothing too hard you can't overcome if you pay attention and learn from mistakes. 

• Like 2