Thought's on the game thus far?

On 7/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, LordBilbanes said:

I noticed that Optinoob has a speed run guide.  Does this game have a speed run trophy?  I looked at the list and don't see one.  For me, Metroidvanias are like crack.  I need regular fixes. :P

Check out LA-MULANA 1&2 if you haven't already. Those are the top Metroidvanias of all time in my opinion, next to HK and SoTN/Super Metroid. 

Very tough games though, be warned xD

• 1 month later...

I'm loving it so far.  I started watching someone play it and had to stop because I knew I wanted to play it.  I thought it was a Vanillaware game at first.  The sprites are so pretty.

I've been going in blind, just been using the trophy rarity has like a road map.  For the most part I kept up.  But then I stumbled into Ending A and the boss in front of it.  I skipped a boss that a more people have done at this point.  I'm going to have to double back.  I don't mind, exploring is a lot of fun.  So far my only issue has been the hookshot.  Like I'll see the target, it'll be lit up L2 and I latch onto another one off screen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

How does a game as hard as this one have such a high platinum completion rate?

I'd say Souls/Metroidvania players are really determined lol xD finished the game and yeah, I wondered the same thing ? That 57% completion rate is quite misleading.

And it's not like it's a mega obscure game, there's ~2800 players and ~1600 plat achievers. Game is just that good!

1 hour ago, LordBilbanes said:

I thought the same thing. Some of the bosses have big difficulty spikes, especially Julius, ugh. That guy was rough. I wonder if it is like Sekiro, which also has a higher than expected completion given the difficulty? The players kind of self select I guess.

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2022 at 9:37 AM, LordBilbanes said:

I've asked the exact same question about shmups that I just don't have the skill to beat ? the answer I got is probably the same here. The people that like these games tend to be really good at them. My mediocre skills prevent me from platting a lot of games I play lol. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

IMHO 7/10 is a bit too high and I would put it around 5/10. Platforming wise I would say it is easier than most of the metroidvania games i played. The auto climbing in this game really helped. Combat wise it can be challenging, especially the last boss in C ending. but most of the time it is just business as usual.

The map can be really confusing, to be honest. Fortunately there are maps online that could help enormously in this front.

Overall a very enjoyable game.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I really enjoyed my time with it. One thing that really got under my skin was that you take damage from touching enemies. I got super frustrated with the last 2 zones, but overall the game was great. I'm glad I finally got around to playing it. I'd agree with others in this thread 7/10 may be a bit steep for the difficulty rating on this one. It was challenging but I feel like a 5 or 6 is more in line with my experience. Once you learn the boss' patterns they aren't too bad. Overall though, wonderful game loved the time spent with it.

• Like 2