How hard are the challenges?

wowbagger_84

Yeah I'm wondering too. I haven't played a NASCAR game since the NASCAR Thunder games at the end of the PS2 days and they used to be great back then (though I actually watched NASCAR back then, so I had an interest), but this is such a niche title at this point, no one has made a proper guide for it...so it's hard to gauge how hard this game might be (or not be). 

Also is it even worth it to get the Ultimate Edition? As far as I can tell there's no DLC trophies...any other DLC that matters? 

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah I'm wondering too. I haven't played a NASCAR game since the NASCAR Thunder games at the end of the PS2 days and they used to be great back then (though I actually watched NASCAR back then, so I had an interest), but this is such a niche title at this point, no one has made a proper guide for it...so it's hard to gauge how hard this game might be (or not be). 

Also is it even worth it to get the Ultimate Edition? As far as I can tell there's no DLC trophies...any other DLC that matters? 

I got 100% in the first Nascar Heat for PS4 and that had challenges and there were some raging inducing ones, so that's why I'm asking. As far as I know, all DLCs are just cosmetics, like liveries and all that, and have no extra trophies

On 7/21/2021 at 8:42 PM, xXBurniXx said:

There are a few challenges that can be annoying. but not too bad.

dlc are not required.

Thanks. I guess I'll just get standard...don't need a bunch of paint schemes in a game full of drivers I no longer know anymore. 

On 7/22/2021 at 1:42 AM, xXBurniXx said:

There are a few challenges that can be annoying. but not too bad.

dlc are not required.

Three of the challenges keep me from platinum.

The Chase Elliot Charlotte Roval one

Brad Keselowski Texas Tire wear

Dirt Track comeback

Edited by Stevieboy

On 7/23/2021 at 9:03 AM, BlueShadow17 said:

Three of the challenges keep me from platinum.

The Chase Elliot Charlotte Roval one

Brad Keselowski Texas Tire wear

Dirt Track comeback

One thing that works though the game doesn’t tell you, turn down the difficulty to the lowest setting, it affects challenges too. Also I’m pretty sure you can look up a setup on YouTube, apply it via a testing session, and by default you should have it in career. I could be wrong though, it’s been a while. 

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post

These trophies are extremely challenging (unless you are really good at a niche racing game with poor assists/controls) been trying challenge 11 (the one on the road course) for 4 hours straight with every possible different combination of assists and the AI is either cheating or something is wrong with my car because I cant even get close to winning.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can't beat Challenge 11 either. I've attempted it several times over the course of the game. But I finally got to that race in my cup career, have a decent enough setup I found, and I won that race NO PROBLEM (after qualifying in 2nd place)! So I figured, okay...I have the setup, I just beat it without issue and have the muscle memory...let me go try the challenge again. And no...no it's not the same damn race...these AI cars don't have to slow down in the same crucial turns that I do, causing any lead I might have to be lost. Yet, I'm doing the exact same thing that I did in career and had more than enough of a lead there no one bothered me. 

I can't play with really low driving aids...anything below 25% on Stability and Steering Help I'm sliding all over the track like it's a Need for Speed game, which is just as detrimental for how much I need to slow down in comparison to them. 

There's gotta be something we're all missing...some easy way out. This challenge alone bumps the Plat difficulty up and it's not even supposed to be the "hard" challenge. But this game is impossible to find good information on because it's such a niche game, there's either no info, or just info from die hard sim racing game fans who play on the hardest difficulty, with no aids, car setups, manual transmission and a steering wheel.  

• Like 1

If you mean the race in Charlotte (road course). after the start, try to shoot the leader or even two opponents (crash the 2.in the back so he takes out the 1. aswell) out in a tight corner.once you are in the lead you are not allowed to let them pass.block overtaking attempts.hope this helps!

• Like 1

A lot of people are struggling on 11 that was one of the easy ones for me. I beat all challenges in about 2-3 hours. If you guys continue to struggle you can add me and I can send a video clip I recorded of how I did the race! Don’t mind helping! Just let me know! You can add me on PSN @ LDisrrptL. If you really need I can do the challenges for you! 

Edited by lDisrrptl
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here are my tips for the hardest challenges, and my settings. Hope it helps you guys who are struggling:

Difficulty: Easy

Driving Aids:

• Driving Assist: 0-10% (Intermediate/SuperSpeedway), 20% (Short Track), 30% (Road Course).
  • Stability Help: 30%
  • Steering Help: 30%
  • Off Throttle Oversteer: 0%
  • Braking Oversteer: 0%
  • Wall Avoidance: 0%

#11 (I can't believe it) is not hard if you leave your dignity on the table and plow the leaders going into turn 1 as Burni mentioned. Turn off your driving assists to reach them, wreck them real good, and then turn them back up and finish the race. On my successful run, I plowed Truex (2nd), shoved him into Harvick (1st), and they spun and blocked the field, giving me a 5 second advantage once I broke away. With this, and turning my driving assist back up to 30%, I was able to beat it with a 2 second lead.

#14 (Excuse Me Coming Through) seems impossible without a setup. I never got close in five attempts. After Googling a "Las Vegas Dirt Track" setup for Nascar Heat 5 and applying it, I not only won, but by over 4 seconds.

#15 (Wear and Tear) is tricky but what I did was use 10% driver assist and in each corner, overdrive it a bit down low and use a car as a pick. If you can gently bang doors with a car each corner to keep your momentum, you can keep moving forward. It took a few tries but I successfully banged doors in every corner on my winning run and easily beat it.

#16 was the bitch for me. Over 40 attempts before I got it. It is 100% RNG and 1000% annoying. One tip is that if you can go into a corner and bang doors with someone, it seems to not spin you out. That worked 2 out of 2 times I tried it, but not only is the timing next to impossible, both times some lucky punk (Gragson) escaped the carnage and I couldn't catch him in turn 3-4. Such a bs challenge and I'm still fuming over it. EVENTUALLY I bounced off the wall perfectly facing the right direction and already at near maximum speed, and won it. I remember when wreck avoidance challenges were fun, but this certainly wasn't it.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Most of the challenges are a cakewalk and you'll complete first try no problem but in each of the Heat games, there's always 2-3 that have big difficulty spikes. Still, if you're half decent at racing games, you'll be able to overcome them after a handful or so attempts. I forget which were the tough ones on Heat 5 but I think there was one where you have to pass the whole field on a dirt track and win and the game gives you barely enough time to do it. You have to be perfect so that one took a few attempts. 

There was another one that may have been in Heat 4 where you had to hold off the field at Dover on worn tires for like 5 laps. That was a nightmare. I suppose if you're a hardcore Nascar aficionado and have optimized setups for each track, they'll all be easy but if you're just using default setups, there are a few challenges that will be problematic so you may want to look up better setups online if you can. My advice is to block, wreck, bounce off the AI whenever you can. These challenges are no time to try and be clean. Specifically the dirt races. You can overdrive the corners and divebomb them and if you time it right, you can bounce off an AI car on the outside which will help you make the corner and save you precious time. Obviously you can only do this if you have an AI car ahead of you in the turn.