Fire Up That Car....... Again

Gumby114

I have just purchased this game and having a blast playing it. I have been chasing a solid racing game for the last 12 months and thank god I have found it. 

I am not stressed about 100% completion but would like the plat. 

Just wondering if Delta's are still running so I can get the Fire Up That Car....Again trophy easily. 

Yes, the Delta's are still running, so you'll see one at some point. My understanding is that the whole process is automated, so you don't need to worry about them shutting down anytime soon. Now all you need to do is learn how to tame the beast.

There's usually about one or two Delta Daily events a month, so there should be one coming up soon. The last one I tried was Monaro, Australia since it's a really good one to do. It's definitely one of the best racing games in recent times with challenging DLC, which is the best part of the game.

Edited by Destructor-8

Deltas do show up every now and then, so when one shows up, it's always better to practise the stage a couple of times before jumping to the delta, they aren't too difficult per se, but it all takes one big mistake and you have to wait weeks to do another one, since you only have one shot at it.

Enjoy the game, as they aren't many of its kind, there's a reason why it's often called the Dark Souls of Racing games.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 1:21 AM, KyleMcLaughlin said:

They are still active. But the trophy is not easily attained. Unless you have a racing setup. I’m fairly decent at racing games. I probably have 20+ racing platinum trophies. But reaching top 1% is not easy especially with a controller. Something to keep in mind. 

1%? I hope that's a typo because its definitely not accurate ? I've seen some claim its 10% and some 25%, I am not certain which one it is but after scrolling through the leaderboard after I got mine top 25% seemed to be reasonable estimate. I got mine on the second try with controller after some practice and tuning

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, Rammstone said:

1%? I hope that's a typo because its definitely not accurate 1f604.png I've seen some claim its 10% and some 25%, I am not certain which one it is but after scrolling through the leaderboard after I got mine top 25% seemed to be reasonable estimate. I got mine on the second try with controller after some practice and tuning

yeah it's definitely 10%. I checked back when I played this game a lot in 2019-2021. if you're not sure, once you have completed a challenge, the games shows the times separating the Tiers in the graphic on the bottom of the screen. go to the bottom of the leaderboard to see how many players there are and then you just find the times separating the Tiers. you find that

Tier 1 is the top 10%

Tier 2 is next 25% (so 10-35%)

Tier 3 is next 40%

Tier 4 is bottom 25%

• 3 months later...

The guide says that you can get this trophy only in the daily challenge. I can say with certainty that this is not entirely true.  I participated in a weekly and monthly challenge. According to the results, I found myself between the 2nd and 3rd group. I probably received the trophy for a week's challenge. I did not participate in the day challenge. 

I've just got this trophy after trying for a while, Tier 1 is top 10% for daily events and top 50% when it is the delta. I was finishing around the 18%-30% mark on the daily events, when a delta came along for Group B 4WD I finished about 18 seconds ahead of the Delta time. Next day I logged in and got the trophy when claiming the rewards. If you google Dirt Rally 2.0 daily challenges there's a site that tells you what events are on and what has been on, along with your results. Delta's are every other day and from what i noticed Group B 4WD seem to be on a delta every 2/3 weeks. 

• 1 month later...
On 22/07/2021 at 1:36 AM, Destructor-8 said:

There's usually about one or two Delta Daily events a month, so there should be one coming up soon. The last one I tried was Monaro, Australia since it's a really good one to do. It's definitely one of the best racing games in recent times with challenging DLC, which is the best part of the game.

It doesn’t need to be a delta daily, any daily in the Group B class is fine

@Gumby114 not sure if you’ve done one yet but Group B dailies are quite common and as long as your pretty decent at the game getting top tier shouldn’t be difficult if your worth your salt as a racer, if you have the skill though, I’d recommend going for the dlc trophies, the McRae Flatout dlc was awesome, and doing them all on very hard is where the games real challenge lies, but if your new to the game I’d learn the locations like the back of your hand before tackling the McRae dlc, you will need to be on maximum attack throughout.

Im glad your enjoying it, personally I think this is the best racing game ever made, still playing it today as I’m on a personal quest to unlock all the engine mapping for every car in the game, can’t wait for DR3 too, good luck