Playstation Network outage. Online appears to be returning now.

Paperclip1776

It seems to be a general problem. PSN Status keeps saying "All services are up and running", meanwhile on the user side it gives the message of "PSN is busy", or "Server Maintenance".

I've been checking on DownDetector for a while, and reports keep piling on

https://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network/news/400853-problems-at-playstation-network/

Which sucks, because I can't even watch YouTube or Netflix due to my main console being set up with the account as secondary device (and I have no physical way of changing that, since the "main" is in a friend's house far away).

• Like 1

Just now, Play3GianniGreed said:

I have to ask the most noob question:

Can I play offline and get trophies this way, then sinc when all it's fine? 

I'm trying to get the platinum in Yakuza dead souls and I really don't want to ruin it. 

yes

Just now, Play3GianniGreed said:

I have to ask the most noob question:

Can I play offline and get trophies this way, then sinc when all it's fine? 

I'm trying to get the platinum in Yakuza dead souls and I really don't want to ruin it. 

Yeah, you can.

21 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Interesting.  For me, it went down just after 11:30 EDT, about 35-40 minutes ago. I know because I was in the middle of a game when it pooped out.  I'm in Michigan.

I was playing A Plague Tale ob OS5 when it happened. Now I have issues with accessing my saves. For a moment I was worried my console was damaged.

4 minutes ago, ConAir said:

This seems to more than just PSN. 911, banks In my country, large shopping websites, newssites also suffer from it.

Just noticed that here too, at least 1 big store website is completely offline too..

That isn't good, and being a problem that's way bigger than PSN, I really don't know how long it will take until they figure out what's the problem and how to solve it..

• Like 1

Happened to me on PS4 about 20 mins ago.

Tried to get onto Sony customer services online, but every time i go to their site for anything, i'm met with a DNS error.

According to their Service status, PSN services are up and running but there are external issues.

Which i'm doubting but still, take that for what it's worth.

What happens with obtained trophies meanwhile this happens? When syncing later will the appear with the tag: "missed timestamps" or something? Why that tat happens? 

Really want to play offline games but afraid of this potential issue.