Playstation Network outage. Online appears to be returning now.

Paperclip1776

5 minutes ago, mika8276 said:

same for me

i just unlocked a trophy before servers went down and it still shows as unlocked now

After I posted that I noticed that we can force it to sync on PS5 (options menu inside the trophy cabinet place), and after that everything went back to order.

Now to continue my plan of doing Burly Men at Sea and continue Tokyo Dark today..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

22 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

You'd think they'd want to fix that since every time one of those companies has a problem, huge chunks of the Internet quit working.

Gotta love technology...

I've always wondered why when something goes down, it's not unusual for a bunch of different things to also start having issues. Guess now I know why.

Anyhow, I wasn't even playing anything on any of my PlayStation consoles, and was kinda shocked to see this sudden thread with 4 pages in just an hour, but did notice Steam briefly go down. Seems to be fine now though.

No issues. Apparently everybody on these forums is on when I’m asleep, as this topic was made during the morning hours in my time zone. 

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Agreed but I am not surprised. If you look at who owns all news outlets it just a handful of corporations. 

5 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

That's genuinely disturbing.

They own roughly 90 percent of all the media, which explains why get the same crap over and over.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

They own roughly 90 percent of all the media, which explains why get the same crap over and over.

I had a rough idea, but I just didn't realize the power laid in such a small number of hands. When you break it down, it really is unsettling. It'll be interesting (to say the very least) to see where the next 10-20 years takes us. Corporate-control dystopia, here we come. I guess by some definitions, we're already there. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

I had a rough idea, but I just didn't realize the power laid in such a small number of hands. When you break it down, it really is unsettling. It'll be interesting (to say the very least) to see where the next 10-20 years takes us. Corporate-control dystopia, here we come. I guess by some definitions, we're already there. 

We’re already there man. It’s why I miss the late 1990s - early mid 2000s. 

I wish there were some proper alternatives besides Steam, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. There hasn’t been a new competitor in forever, which is unsettling. 

Sony in recent times has this ‘holier than thou attitude’, whereas a decade ago they were suffering from the PSN shutdown that left them crippled for months. 

For a change, I want Microsoft to gain some ground.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

We’re already there man. It’s why I miss the late 1990s - early mid 2000s.

I miss that time period too. I had a cool car, a slim waist, and only a few things on my mind.

I wish there were some proper alternatives besides Steam, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. There hasn’t been a new competitor in forever, which is unsettling.

GoG/CDPR had me pretty optimistic there for a while. Then Cyberpunk happened, and well, you know. GoG is still amazing with their no DRM policy though. I wish them continued success based on just that alone. They have a board of investors though, which means the evil/rot has begun, so I'm sure everything that makes them cool will be gone soon enough.

Sony in recent times has this ‘holier than thou attitude’, whereas a decade ago they were suffering from the PSN shutdown that left them crippled for months. 

For a change, I want Microsoft to gain some ground.

Playstation was definitely better when they were the underdog. Had to be cool & fair to attract consumers. Jim Ryan and the PS5 are both a huge success, so sadly I think we're going to see at least a few more years of Playstation not being as open-minded and consumer friendly as it could be. They got that big dick syndrome. I too hope that Microsoft gains ground. More competition is definitely a good thing. It'll be interesting to see what happens.