why's it called 'PC Master race'?

rockstarjazz

On 02/09/2021 at 9:30 AM, Z1MZUM said:

So master race virgins who think the ps5 and xbsx are basically rtx 2060's, Find me a 2060 running on HDMI 2.1?. And then let's fight about AMD vs NVIDIA vs Intel. Then spend the entire night looking at framerate comparisons on youtube. We'll forget all about it the day we loose our virginity but it was so fun fighting and putting people down with words for all of those years. In hindsight the money spent to be king would be more suited to Gym memberships.

Is it just me or do I smell a hint of irony here.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 8:51 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

30 fps = 33.3 ms/frame

60 fps = 16.7 ms

120 fps=  8.3 ms

240 fps= 4.2 ms

480 fps= 2.1 ms

Every time framerates double, it makes less of a difference on frame time. Diminishing returns. Sure, you may notice the difference from 30 to 60 (16.6 ms change). But 60 to 120 (8.4 ms change) is pretty much imperceptible.

That's the truth.

Yeah but screwing around with Vsync is a pain in the butt when your game is running over 100fps and your monitor is 60hz. 120hz really does shine in first perons shooters racing game you may not think you see it but games run smooth from a visual perspective. I notice it but witcher 3 on max 60 fps is a beautiful thing on ultra. too much individual games setups, sure nvidia control panel setups are nice but fuck it. Console is easy, good games , I still play pc though but exclusives mainly. It's clear my ps5 and xbsx doesn't surpass the tech of my pc but better community etc etc I personally wished crossplay would die in the arse along with Bobby Kotick the only known half human half lizard, repulsive little f'r that one. My point is it's getting harder to avoid pc gamers that use the master race tag. 

Any fucker that believes Master Race is either a child or mentally deficient, what you prefer as a gamer is master. 

This is coming from someone who's pretty f'n well off financially, Hanging around snobs isn't my thing and dealing with these motherfuckers online is something I avoid. You own a nice gaming pc and you personally are mature enough to not use master race, you play online and can't avoid these c%^ts

I bet most of us here have a decent PC? The OP is just trolling shit, lock this crap please before I join the Hitler youth, the original master race.

7 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

The golden age of PC gaming ended a long time ago.

In the sense of PC truly pioneering anything... yeah.  It's been a long time.

For the longest time, after that "golden age", PC was a garbage fire.  PC developers were out of ideas or didn't have the money to make anything worthwhile, all the biggest franchises were on console, and the few console ports that made it over there played like they were ported in a day by an intern.

I couldn't tell you why, but PC has seen a bit of a resurgence the last few years.  It's hard to find a game/franchise besides Sony and Nintendo first parties that don't get a PC release (and even Sony is working it now), and it's hard to find a legitimately bad port.  VR has given PC an edge since performance is key in VR and consoles just can't compare to a high end PC... and it's even gotten an exclusive or two like Half Life Alyx.  It's quickly becoming the place to play almost anything you want as affordably or as extravagantly as you want to.

The embarrassing thing though, is that the whole PC Master Race thing started before that resurgence.  So it was always just overcompensating for the fact they had nothing going on.

Edited by Dreakon13

13 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

You own a nice gaming pc and you personally are mature enough to not use master race, you play online and can't avoid these c%^ts

There's a key reason I don't play online MP. Griefers ruin it. Those who sneer at console owners are what I consider a variety of griefer. I wish the PCMR dreck would go away.

Some console games that are ported to PC miss features they have on console. Joyoland's Chinese PC port of Ys Memories of Celceta is missing lighting effects you find on Vita or PS4, likely due to a lazy team. Thankfully XSEED didn't use the Joyoland port for their PC version, but instead got the Japanese developer Hyde to make a new one.

• Like 1