Would anyone pay for DLC that would let you use any weapon in mercs?

MrTacos98

Just curious, but would anyone be willing to pay money for a DLC that would let you use any weapon in Mercenaries Mode? I gave up on the platinum because of the cancerous Legendary Cowboy trophy. I'd be willing to buy a pay to win DLC for the platinum though. Capcom could probably make a lot of money on this.

Some people would probably pay for it. After all, you see "people" begging for others to get them a trophy via Shareplay, which is imo absolutely pathetic. So even if Capcom was offering to auto-unlock the trophy for few bucks, it would sell for sure .... Even tho i despise xbox nowadays, i have to say the word "achievement" is much more appropriate than "trophy" : you didn't achieve anything, that means you don't deserve the reward. Paying/Boosting/Asking someone to do it for you, that's no achievement. If you can't do it by yourself, you either lack of skills or lack of determination to reach the objective. This trophy especially is far from being difficult. DLCs trophies on RE2 and RE7 were harder and more luck-based than this one.

Edited by Spike_Hostile17
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Paying/Boosting/Asking someone to do it for you, that's no achievement. If you can't do it by yourself, you either lack of skills or lack of determination to reach the objective. 

I'm a trophy hunter. I don't care whether I got the trophy or "achievement" legit or not. I used the 2 saves exploit to get the speedrun and crushing trophy for Uncharted 4. I go for hard acheivements all the time but if there's an easy go around that will save me time and frustration I'll take it. 

Edited by MrTacos98
Grammar fix
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BlackSabre500 said:

"You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gain nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference." ...I mean seriously, gatekeep much? There's nothing wrong for asking for help, there's nothing wrong for wanting to play a game on easy. I help people in games that i found to be either easy for me or was difficult for me but want to make it easier for the other players so their experience of the game isn't ruined. I play games on easy so i can learn the game's mechanics in order to not struggle in hard, For example, I play Kingdom Hearts 2 on Critical mode these days but i don't get triggered if i see someone play it on easy or not. No one should have to play on hard or be a "True Gamer" to be able to enjoy the game, if they want to pay to make a game easier, especially a single player game then i see nothing wrong with it. It won't ruin my experience of the game.

Completely agree with you here. I've gotten plenty of challenging trophies but luck-based trophies like Mercs are worse than multiplayer trophies. This is the first trophy that made me completely quit a game. Would have gone for the 100% if not for this. 

I actually dislike the idea.

For the past few games now they have been selling the bonus material unlocks for a fee. I did Resident Evil 2 remake prior to them selling the Infinite Rocket Launcher and enjoyed the rarity of the platinum and the processes I took to unlock it. After the fact they released the Unlock DLC, everyone I knew that once had an issue with Hardcore difficulty ended up 100% the game and the rarity sky rocketed in less than a week. It felt like my achievement was taken for not. I do not mind the games having the in-game unlocks, their good for New Game+ Speedruns and they have done the practice since the very first release, but charging for it so people eliminate game play to bypass challenges and unlocking them themselves, I wish was not a thing.

But whatever, even if it is there for purchase, it is still up to the end-user if they wish to buy them..

Edited by Gecko-Byte
Removed a few unnessary words in a scetence.

Have u checked out my guides TC for mercs, I have a thread on one of the RE8 forums. I do it WITHOUT blue orbs (you can use them though) so no rng making it consistent for you to follow, I also pause along the way and explain stuff

Maybe u have watched them already, but if not, im the only one who has made guides WITHOUT blue orbs and also who PAUSES the game to explain spawns/triggers/tips etc, so maybe it could help ya!! 

About topic, im not bothered, videogames are just fun, things like this are a touchy topic so i try to stay out!!!

Im just hoping we can still help u get mercs done!! 

Here @MrTacos98

check out these guides, see if they help any different 

Im not sure with guides u followed, but with guides I looked at a the time, none really knew the exact triggers of enemies. 

If learned all the triggers here and again, its WITHOUT blue orbs so im handicapping mtself and still do it. If u want a example of much we can POSSIBLY manipulate enemy spawns, look at my Castle 2 area 3 guide, and skip ahead to the big room with the first sister. You will see that we spawn the 7 or 8 enemies there literally 1 at a time making it so much easier, every1 else just runs in there and spawns all 7 enemies at once!! (Basically the room has invisible lines, you move 3 inches into the room, the 1st enemy spawns, you then move 5 inches into the room you touch the next invisible line and the 2nd enemy spawns etc) 

Thats just an example m8 off how my routing my help, and no, im not trying to prove anything, im purely just trying to help in the purest sense and help as much as i can hence why i eliminate rng (no blue orbs) and pause the game to explain stuff (mercs is to fast paced) 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Have u checked out my guides TC for mercs, I have a thread on one of the RE8 forums. I do it WITHOUT blue orbs (you can use them though) so no rng making it consistent for you to follow, I also pause along the way and explain stuff

Maybe u have watched them already, but if not, im the only one who has made guides WITHOUT blue orbs and also who PAUSES the game to explain spawns/triggers/tips etc, so maybe it could help ya!! 

About topic, im not bothered, videogames are just fun, things like this are a touchy topic so i try to stay out!!!

Im just hoping we can still help u get mercs done!! 

Here @MrTacos98

check out these guides, see if they help any different 

Im not sure with guides u followed, but with guides I looked at a the time, none really knew the exact triggers of enemies. 

If learned all the triggers here and again, its WITHOUT blue orbs so im handicapping mtself and still do it. If u want a example of much we can POSSIBLY manipulate enemy spawns, look at my Castle 2 area 3 guide, and skip ahead to the big room with the first sister. You will see that we spawn the 7 or 8 enemies there literally 1 at a time making it so much easier, every1 else just runs in there and spawns all 7 enemies at once!! (Basically the room has invisible lines, you move 3 inches into the room, the 1st enemy spawns, you then move 5 inches into the room you touch the next invisible line and the 2nd enemy spawns etc) 

Thats just an example m8 off how my routing my help, and no, im not trying to prove anything, im purely just trying to help in the purest sense and help as much as i can hence why i eliminate rng (no blue orbs) and pause the game to explain stuff (mercs is to fast paced) 

I'm haven't seen them. I'll check them out though once I'm done with my AC2 playthrough. Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, MrTacos98 said:

I'm haven't seen them. I'll check them out though once I'm done with my AC2 playthrough. Thanks! 

I'm hoping they help m8, let me know how u get on when u get back to it. Probably be a while if u are playing AC lol

2 hours ago, MrTacos98 said:

Completely agree with you here. I've gotten plenty of challenging trophies but luck-based trophies like Mercs are worse than multiplayer trophies. This is the first trophy that made me completely quit a game. Would have gone for the 100% if not for this. 

Accept the fact that failure is ok and nothing to be ashamed of. 

18 hours ago, Helyx said:

Whether it's poor game design, laziness from the players or a deliberate ploy from the developer, I'll always stand against this practice.

It's OK to not get a platinum. If you're willing to pay for trophies, you may as well just learn to hack them yourself and save a buck.

I don’t man kinda disagree with you on this one. While I also hate devs allowing unlockables to be buyable or items pay to win, I wouldn’t go as far as to say “learn to hack”. You still need to do it even if it takes a trophy difficulty down to 1/10. 

There is a clear distinction of making games easier versus cheating. 

Although I think we would both agree asking someone else to get trophies for you should be frowned upon. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Paying/Boosting/Asking someone to do it for you, that's no achievement. If you can't do it by yourself, you either lack of skills or lack of determination to reach the objective. 

Nonsense. I agree with the paying people and asking someone to do it for you, but not boosting. There are a lot of games that are dead a week after release...try finding a legit game of Inversion or Quantum Theory. Having to boost trophies like those has nothing to do with skill or determination, it's more to do with the fact you could sit in the lobby for a month straight and not get ONE person to join your lobby, and you need like 6-8 for those. Most games, unless they are hits, lose their communities relatively quickly....boosting is the only option. 

1 hour ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Wait Mercs all stages S Ranked in RE8 s hard?

Im confused.Lol

Different people having different skill levels is confusing to you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Nonsense. I agree with the paying people and asking someone to do it for you, but not boosting. There are a lot of games that are dead a week after release...try finding a legit game of Inversion or Quantum Theory. Having to boost trophies like those has nothing to do with skill or determination, it's more to do with the fact you could sit in the lobby for a month straight and not get ONE person to join your lobby, and you need like 6-8 for those. Most games, unless they are hits, lose their communities relatively quickly....boosting is the only option. 

Different people having different skill levels is confusing to you?

Ppl must lack skill then cus mercs is pretty simple in RE8 yo.

This is coming from a scrub btw.

56 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I'm hoping they help m8, let me know how u get on when u get back to it. Probably be a while if u are playing AC lol

Honestly AC2 isn't that long or hard to plat. There's no 100% sync trophy so thats a huge plus.