Having trouble staying logged on PS3

I've been having a lot of trouble staying connected to PSN on my PS3 for the past two weeks. I'm not having any issues with my PS4 or any other device. I can log in, but usually get kicked off in 10-15 minutes. I can reconnect no problem, but then it drops me 10-15 minutes later. I tried deleting my network and adding it again, rebuilding my PS3 database, restoring file system, and resetting my gateway. Nothing seems to work. Media sharing is disabled and the PS3 has the latest firmware update. I always get error 8002AD23 when I get kicked out. I have a super slim if that matters. My connection is currently wireless and NAT 2. I'm soon getting wired in my room, but until then...any idea how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by MidnightDragon

1 - If you have router capable of making statistic over network stability (like MikroTik) you can check if there are huge packages loss happening between PS3 and Router.

2 - You can also leave PC or something with PING command on terminal to see if router losses WiFi connection with console. Like, "ping x.x.x.x -t", x is PS3 IP. Once PS3 disconnects from PSN check terminal for stats.

3 - If there are losses you can buy cheap wifi repeater to make signal stronger.

Anyway, wired connection is recommended. But, it can also happen because of your router messing things up, sadly there is no way to diagnose it if router is not having features like log file or any other test related function. It may be NAT messing up, it may be package loss, it may be firewall, it may be dhcp lease error, it may be anything...

Edited by PostalDudeRus
  • Like 1

Might be something to do with the fact Sony are freeing up all the bandwidth they can for the PS4 and PS5, probably a factor at the least, it’s basically forgotten about in the eyes of Sony, only kept running because people are still spending money on the system, I expect in the coming years Sony will try to add as many titles from that era onto PSNOW and then completely shut it down, well, the remnants of whatever game from the PS3 era was popular enough to warrant going to NOW and hasn’t already got a remaster or remake for PS4/5, I still have many I’d like to do on that console but I got a huge list of PS4 games and I don’t wanna be in the same situation with this console years down the line, I’d rather cut a few PS3 games off and not spend my entire gaming career playing catch up on constantly outdated hardware, my advice would be to just get on PS4 asap and continue gaming on a more modern system, what ever the case I hope your issue gets solved 

Why does it always seem like when a PS3 topic about some kind of issue pops up on the forums, there is always someone who says 'Well it's old and maybe you should move on to PS4, etc.'

I have a PS4 and still spend a lot of time on the PS3. Why? It's still fun to play with. I'm not going to up and bury the thing just because it's old, I'm going to keep using it until it legit dies on me. Pretty sure the OP MidnightDragon is doing the same.

Back to the actual topic, my PS3's do the same thing where they hiccup a lot as well with the connections. My current solution is to just get a direct connection through a router for the combo PS3/PS4 setup. This is also ideal if you ever use PSNow for actual streaming PS3 games and not just for the downloaded PS4 games.

The irony is that way back when, wi-fi was supposed to be a 'big deal' and everything wireless, no cords and all that. With everything streaming and digital now, it's almost best to go BACK to the wired connections to get the max mbits/gbits per second....

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

I’d rather cut a few PS3 games off and not spend my entire gaming career playing catch up on constantly outdated hardware, my advice would be to just get on PS4 asap and continue gaming on a more modern system, what ever the case I hope your issue gets solved 

I have a PS4. Guess you didn’t see that. I do think the age of the system and PSN there isn’t helping. I want to clean up my PS3 library before I move on. I only have one game with outstanding online trophies, but still…May just have to deal until I see if Ethernet works, but hope not!

• Like 3

Unfortunately I don't have any kind of solutions, but I thought I'd chime to say I occasionally find myself getting kicked off PSN on my PS3 as well. Definitely not as frequently as you, it may happen once in every 5-10 gaming sessions on the PS3 or so, but it's definitely not an issue I used to experience.

I've also been having my profile constantly getting reset to the default grey one on PS3 and Vita, along with my languages being reset, and "about me" deleted. Never been an issue until the past year, and I know there's others that have had this exact same issue, so I think there's definitely something up on Sony's side. I'd imagine it's server neglect if anything, even if PSN is mostly the same thing across all systems, there are some differences/things specific to certain systems, and I doubt Sony cares too much about the PS3 and Vita any more. Not entirely sure if it's related to your issue or not, but it could be exacerbating it.

Hope you manage to get it sorted out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I have a PS4. Guess you didn’t see that. I do think the age of the system and PSN there isn’t helping. I want to clean up my PS3 library before I move on. I only have one game with outstanding online trophies, but still…May just have to deal until I see if Ethernet works, but hope not!

Yeah just finished up mine last year I figured you were mopping up too, I hid the last few of mine, like bfbc1, not worth the mission, when your done with PS3 you’ll feel a weight lift trust me lol 

1 hour ago, PostalDudeRus said:

Set static IP for PS3 on router to bypass dhcp, check guides on internet by googling your router model

I'll look into it. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Have you tried sweet talking to it?

Not yet. xD Maybe that's the next thing I'll do. 

Edited by MidnightDragon