based_gigachad

Grid Legends (Coming 2022)

10 posts in this topic

Another entry in the GRID series was revealed the other day, not seen a topic on here yet about it.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3-BJfhnlWY

As per YouTube description and from the top of their webpage (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/grid/grid-legends) about the new game... 'GRID Legends is a high-stakes driving experience that combines thrilling motorsport action, incredible race variety and an immersive story that puts the player at the heart of the action.'

I get the impression the story might be somewhat similar to the Braking Point mode they have in the new F1 game which I'm yet to check out, I personally got some Drive to Survive vibes from the trailer where it appears that the world series championship will be covered by some drama/documentary series running concurrently but it does seem interesting, remains to be seen how big this is in scope and if it's any good but it's definitely showing more ambition and personality than the 2019 Grid Game.

The website also claims that we'll see the largest ever vehicle roster in a Grid game and over 130 'routes' which will no doubt include quite a few variations of the same tracks/circuits but with different layouts.

Nevertheless, I'm always excited about a new racing game in this day and age and will absolutely be picking this up - interested to see how any of you others feel about this!

The trailer looks horrible. Grid is becoming the new NFS. 

Can't wait for EA to riddle this with "surprise mechanics" and endless monetization tactics that hampers progression.

I've been a fan of this series since Racedriver: GRID. Not totally convinced with the new angle they are taking by focusing on the cheesy live action cut scenes. Although, this series started getting bland with GRID Autosport so maybe this shake up will do the series some good.

the latest GRID put me off for two reasons:

1. Primarily for the fun factor: Most unbiased reviews and gameplays repeatedly mentioned the same things - map, track, car variety is extremely meh and the entire thing becomes very repetitive very quickly.

2. For the trophy hunter factor: That ridiculous around the world or something trophy. Regardless, a trophy that a 100% game completion only counts for a 1/6 of the total requirement and that spawns a 300 post thread with rubber banding, daily rationing of 200 lap loops at a few hours a day, and all that stuff that is just not right - or fun.

For me the peak of modern arcady-sim-ish racers was Driveclub, with NFS doing the regular roller-coaster of being ok (Rivals) to utter garbage (Payback)

I'll keep an eye out for it but I doubt it will do much beyond more 'ok' gameplay and cheesy NFS-like marketing executive-board imagined 'relatable' live actions scenes with an all-encompassing cast of diverse genders and races 🙄

Literally just bought the Ultimate Edition of the current Grid (4th game?), before that I haven't played since we got Grid 2 on PS+ years ago...didn't care for that much, but reviews for the current looks pretty decent. If I like this current game, I'll look into Legends. 

21 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I've been a fan of this series since Racedriver: GRID. Not totally convinced with the new angle they are taking by focusing on the cheesy live action cut scenes. Although, this series started getting bland with GRID Autosport so maybe this shake up will do the series some good.

Yeah, I've been a fan since Racedriver: GRID also. Agreed that Autosport and Grid 2019 were a bit underwhelming but even if I'm not entirely convinced by this new angle, I'm glad that they're trying something different. Even if this story is pretty bad, the game will still have more personality than the last entry in the series!

20 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

the latest GRID put me off for two reasons:

1. Primarily for the fun factor: Most unbiased reviews and gameplays repeatedly mentioned the same things - map, track, car variety is extremely meh and the entire thing becomes very repetitive very quickly.

2. For the trophy hunter factor: That ridiculous around the world or something trophy. Regardless, a trophy that a 100% game completion only counts for a 1/6 of the total requirement and that spawns a 300 post thread with rubber banding, daily rationing of 200 lap loops at a few hours a day, and all that stuff that is just not right - or fun.

For me the peak of modern arcady-sim-ish racers was Driveclub, with NFS doing the regular roller-coaster of being ok (Rivals) to utter garbage (Payback)

I'll keep an eye out for it but I doubt it will do much beyond more 'ok' gameplay and cheesy NFS-like marketing executive-board imagined 'relatable' live actions scenes with an all-encompassing cast of diverse genders and races 1f644.png

When I played Grid 2019 I totally agreed - it was very repetitive and didn't do much to keep you engaged. And from a trophy hunt perspective, the mileage trophy is the only I haven't got - I may still go back to it and grind it out though!

At least with this sequel we've been promised additional track and vehicle variety, and the live-action stuff should make it so the entire game isn't races and menus like the latest game.

Why does every game have to include 'Legends' in its titles these days? We'll be getting Call of Duty: Legends, Assassin's Creed: Legends, and My Name is Mayo Legends before you know it

31 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

My Name is Mayo Legends 

day 1 buy!