Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

Decent list, but it's hard to tell exactly how grindy it'll be. I'm a sucker for isometric games, and this looks really interesting. Any word on how tough the survival aspect is solo or if co-op is required?

• Like 1

"Make It Hail" seems like it'll be a big grind, as well as "New Einherjar". Would getting to the last season level be the same thing as maxing out a battle pass? Also, landing the final blow on the Jotunn bosses seems like you'd have to boost them if you're unlucky, but it shouldn't be that bad.

2 minutes ago, Zjinn said:

I thought I read this can be done completely solo unless something has changed?

Unless if there are AI companions in this game that I haven't heard about, then the "Friend in Need" trophy will require you to play with others in order to revive them.

Yeah looks like a big grind, hopefully most of it can be done completely solo. I would love to play this with others casually but being forced into it for certain trophies makes me a little miffed.

Looks like a simple list for what will be an enjoyable experience. The grind looks real but I'm someone who loves a grind. I have 3 buddies I'll be playing with but their hours are MUCH more limited compared to mine so I also hope this will be solo friendly.

I hope these aren't complaints about it being grindy. Personally, I hope its a grind! Collecting 1,000,000 souls to me is the only one that would seem like a grind, as I usually complete battle/season passes in games for fun. My hopes are that 1m souls takes awhile, as itll make the plat more rare, and gives me something to work towards for awhile, in what looks to be a pretty awesome game.

Either this, or I hope as seasons come and go we get some additional "DLC" trophies. I have the game preordered, pretty excited for release. Glad the trophy list released a few days ahead.

• Like 2

To be honest, the only thing that looks Hard is reach Day 100 in Survival Mode. If it resets when you die, then, it will be needed a very solid group with excelent communication. 

But since it's a RPG, maybe we can get overpowered with a little bit of grind. 

The souls looks very easy to obtain. Watching some gameplays, enemies drops 60-100 per kill, and they also are chest drops. Only Constructions (100) looks like a boring grind. 

• Like 1

Considering the type of the game this one is, it looks somewhat grindy, but not terrible.

Anyone knows if the future seasons that they announced are dlc content or just something extra that it will be added free through updates?

Does this game has microtransactions?

... Super grindy... I love it!!! Tips for souls, when your tribe is disassembling, sell all your items and the items in the war chest to a vendor. Located on map as a hand with a coin purse in it. Helped me obtain the 10k souls at once trophy, and did it near the end of every lobby i was in today and got 100k souls trophy.

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Added to
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

Just put this in my Que for Gamefly. Looks fun. Does anyone play by themselves? I am the only one of my close friends that has a PS5. How does this work? Do you need to add friends to make a team? Or is it like Genshin Impact where it just automatically pairs you up? 

2 modes, Saga and Survival. Both can be played solo, or online. If playing with friends,  you can invite friends while at the menu with Triangle, after that you queue for a match and get put into matchmaking. Saga has quests and specific tasks to do, max of 10 players, but ive been matched into lobbies of 4-6 also. Every time you queue itll start you in a brand new starting at Day 1.

It seems as of right now, as soon as the first Giant is slain, most people leave in Saga. There is an option to "Save and Quit" which I believe you could step away and go back to that same world, so long as everyone else does the same? Not really sure. All lobbies I played came to an end, as Saga seems to get very difficult. Once you reach day 12 its like an endless winter starts, that forces you to stay in village with endless waves of minions trying to attack. This may come to an end (the sundial made it appear as if it would come to an end), but after day 15 everyone had left and the village was overrun. Its sad, because the main objective is to defeat the Saga boss, but not many seem to go for it. For trophy purposes, its probably best to do it solo.

Survival, I havent played, but I can imagine its the same concept, without the quests? Probably more of a casual run. Most likely same thing for the queues and matchmaking. Again, for trophy purposes, Im sure both modes are best done in solo as difficulty scales with players and typically in a PuG people will leave.

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Added to
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, QuickAsAWhip said:

I need someone to advise how difficult reaching day 100 is. It's the only trophy putting me off buying the game. Any tips guys or is it impossible without 9 sweaty hardcore on mic close friends ready for a ten HR sesh

I haven't tried it yet but the trophy specifics is day 100 in survival mode. Survival mode allows you to tweak the difficulty of aspects of the game. Monster difficulty, Night difficulty, gathering, etc. So ideally you could set everything to the easiest setting and do it that way. I don't know HOW easy it makes it but it's likely how everyone will do it.

• Like 2

So, I take back a lot of what I said. Saga mode Solo is extremely difficult. I gave it a few honest attempts today, and was able to defeat the first giant but thats all. Managing resources and time as the days change seems really difficult. So beating saga boss solo is probably not going to happen, unless youre some sort of god. 

I feel as more people learn how to play the game, know what to expect, and how to finish the quests to unlock the lair of the saga boss, that PuGs will be doing full successful runs, in no time. My best game was today in a PuG where all 10 players stayed til the end and we almost repaired the portal to the Saga boss lair, but Fimbul winter came. This is only day 2 of console release. Hopefully it gets easier with knowledge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

So, I take back a lot of what I said. Saga mode Solo is extremely difficult. I gave it a few honest attempts today, and was able to defeat the first giant but thats all. Managing resources and time as the days change seems really difficult. So beating saga boss solo is probably not going to happen, unless youre some sort of god. 

I feel as more people learn how to play the game, know what to expect, and how to finish the quests to unlock the lair of the saga boss, that PuGs will be doing full successful runs, in no time. My best game was today in a PuG where all 10 players stayed til the end and we almost repaired the portal to the Saga boss lair, but Fimbul winter came. This is only day 2 of console release. Hopefully it gets easier with knowledge.

Beat the Saga Boss solo earlier today. Please don't misinterpret this as bragging, I'm just saying it's possible. DIFFICULT. I can't stress that enough but possible. I lucked out though with Fafnir, the merchant you can buy stuff from, having hideout fragments. I entered the lair, boss had 200,000 HP. Got him down to 150,000 and had to warp out to protect the village. Went right back, health was still at 150,000, and took him out before the next wave came in at the village. Got out of the game before the Fimbulwinter wave though. Not losing the Golden Horns rewards I earned. It's difficult but doable solo. Haven't even attempted 100 days in survival yet. Been playing Saga. Just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it. My suggestion, if you're not doing this already, gather your resources and build the quarry first and then the lumberyard. This way, you'll have Wrought Iron, Cut Stone, and Wooden Boards coming in regularly. Also get the tinkerer villager to level 3 because you can craft those items with her. From there, build where you see fit. While gates are nice, I found them a little unnecessary in the early days. Just keep trying and you'll eventually beat the saga boss whether solo or in a group of 10.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

2 modes, Saga and Survival. Both can be played solo, or online. If playing with friends,  you can invite friends while at the menu with Triangle, after that you queue for a match and get put into matchmaking. Saga has quests and specific tasks to do, max of 10 players, but ive been matched into lobbies of 4-6 also. Every time you queue itll start you in a brand new starting at Day 1.

It seems as of right now, as soon as the first Giant is slain, most people leave in Saga. There is an option to "Save and Quit" which I believe you could step away and go back to that same world, so long as everyone else does the same? Not really sure. All lobbies I played came to an end, as Saga seems to get very difficult. Once you reach day 12 its like an endless winter starts, that forces you to stay in village with endless waves of minions trying to attack. This may come to an end (the sundial made it appear as if it would come to an end), but after day 15 everyone had left and the village was overrun. Its sad, because the main objective is to defeat the Saga boss, but not many seem to go for it. For trophy purposes, its probably best to do it solo.

Survival, I havent played, but I can imagine its the same concept, without the quests? Probably more of a casual run. Most likely same thing for the queues and matchmaking. Again, for trophy purposes, Im sure both modes are best done in solo as difficulty scales with players and typically in a PuG people will leave.

Thank you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Holy_Nolly said:

Beat the Saga Boss solo earlier today. Please don't misinterpret this as bragging, I'm just saying it's possible. DIFFICULT. I can't stress that enough but possible. I lucked out though with Fafnir, the merchant you can buy stuff from, having hideout fragments. I entered the lair, boss had 200,000 HP. Got him down to 150,000 and had to warp out to protect the village. Went right back, health was still at 150,000, and took him out before the next wave came in at the village. Got out of the game before the Fimbulwinter wave though. Not losing the Golden Horns rewards I earned. It's difficult but doable solo. Haven't even attempted 100 days in survival yet. Been playing Saga. Just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it. My suggestion, if you're not doing this already, gather your resources and build the quarry first and then the lumberyard. This way, you'll have Wrought Iron, Cut Stone, and Wooden Boards coming in regularly. Also get the tinkerer villager to level 3 because you can craft those items with her. From there, build where you see fit. While gates are nice, I found them a little unnecessary in the early days. Just keep trying and you'll eventually beat the saga boss whether solo or in a group of 10.

Pfft, brag! You deserve it. I hope you were honored in Valhalla with plenty of mead that night, you GOD! xD Im honestly impressed. With the amount of time the game has been out, to be able to pick up the mechanics, figure out a good strat, and knowing what to prioritize, is quite impressive. I always believed Saga mode was doable solo, but it is far more difficult then having a full group.

When I played solo, I tried getting the quarry up, but I dont think I had my priorities straight. After doing a few runs solo, I feel like I have an idea of what adjustments I could make to last some extra nights. The best run I had was defeating the first Jotuun. By the time I had him defeated, he was already nearing the village gate, and it was during the blood moon. It was either defend the village or try to defeat the Jotuun before he breached the gate. After the Jotuun was defeated, the Sacred Trees health (Im going to refer to it as sacred tree) was pretty much gone. I had just enough time to make it to the Bitfrost crystal and return to Valhalla.

You gave us your completion story, but would you mind sharing your strat?

Starter kit/class/weapon choices/first objective goals? Im not asking for complete details of your run, but it would be useful information to know what path you took, so-to-speak. 

Thanks in advance! ^_^ and congrats on the achievement .

28 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Thank you!

You are very welcome! Ive never played Genshin Impact, but I hope it was enough info to give you a rough idea of the game. There was one piece of information Id change though; In matchmaking for Saga, you can be placed in a world thats up to day 3. So it might not always be a brand new world, but the cutoff time is Day 3, which isnt too bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Pfft, brag! You deserve it. I hope you were honored in Valhalla with plenty of mead that night, you GOD! xD Im honestly impressed. With the amount of time the game has been out, to be able to pick up the mechanics, figure out a good strat, and knowing what to prioritize, is quite impressive. I always believed Saga mode was doable solo, but it is far more difficult then having a full group.

When I played solo, I tried getting the quarry up, but I dont think I had my priorities straight. After doing a few runs solo, I feel like I have an idea of what adjustments I could make to last some extra nights. The best run I had was defeating the first Jotuun. By the time I had him defeated, he was already nearing the village gate, and it was during the blood moon. It was either defend the village or try to defeat the Jotuun before he breached the gate. After the Jotuun was defeated, the Sacred Trees health (Im going to refer to it as sacred tree) was pretty much gone. I had just enough time to make it to the Bitfrost crystal and return to Valhalla.

You gave us your completion story, but would you mind sharing your strat?

Starter kit/class/weapon choices/first objective goals? Im not asking for complete details of your run, but it would be useful information to know what path you took, so-to-speak. 

Thanks in advance! ^_^ and congrats on the achievement .

You are very welcome! Ive never played Genshin Impact, but I hope it was enough info to give you a rough idea of the game. There was one piece of information Id change though; In matchmaking for Saga, you can be placed in a world thats up to day 3. So it might not always be a brand new world, but the cutoff time is Day 3, which isnt too bad.

Thank you. It was certainly harrowing at times. But in the end I’m glad I was able to do it. As I said before the first things I build up are the Quarry and the Lumberyard. The Farm usually waits until I’ve built the gates around my village, didn’t actually build it in the run where I killed the Saga Boss though.

I played as the berserker class and  started with Villager Starter Kit, allowing me to have armor and weapons from the start and being able to explore outwards a little bit. I gather up my Flint and Branches to at least make my tools and go from there. Gather resources while exploring and mostly checking those inclines on the map that have the barricades around them sometimes. Get my resources for the Quarry as soon as possible and build that. Defend the village the first night which is trivial. The Jotuun shows up and I make my way in that direction to find it, picking up and fast travel along the way. The thing I’ve noticed, or at least this is how it’s been working for me, the Jotuun spawn in the same area in your current world. So if you know where they’re coming from and know they’re route, you can take care of them early on. But other than that, I don’t really have much to offer. When you’re not defending the village, keep exploring, gathering resources and branching more and more outwards. Check Fafnir for hideout fragments because they’re required to unlock the lair. And don’t be afraid to sell spare materials to the other merchants. Be sure to upgrade Villager NPCs and craft better gear. I just wouldn’t spend your golden horns on the legendary gear, unless you have an abundance. That’s really all I have. If I think of anything else, I’ll post it here.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Holy_Nolly said:

That’s really all I have. If I think of anything else, I’ll post it here.

Not a problem man, that was plenty. Thanks for the input. I think my main problem in solo was not picking a decent solo class, most likely harvesting extra resources that I didnt need (wood), and struggling to explore further out into the map and hit those fast travel shrines. When Im in solo, it feels like there are way less shrines, but maybe not.

I was able to finally beat Fenrir in a group of people communicating via mics. After all the communication, coordination, and the final fight, let me say that Im even more impressed you achieved this solo.

Fenrir is one tough puppy xD