Server shut down ?

Lubajz79LFC

Do anybody know why it's server on the GT5 not working anymore ??? Maybe because of GT6 ... like FIFA games...new come in and on the older one server down and no chance to get online trophies :(  I wanted to get some trophies like "proud owner" or "data analyst" but can't cause of server error !!! :angry:

Edited by lubajz10

Do anybody know why it's server on the GT5 not working anymore ??? Maybe because of GT6 ... like FIFA games...new come in and on the older one server down and no chance to get online trophies :(  I wanted to get some trophies like "proud owner" or "data analyst" but can't cause of server error !!! :angry:

All the trophies in GT5 can be earned offline so even if they did shut the servers down (which they didn't) you could still earn the platinum. 

Parker

yes I know but one you have to take a picture and share with friends,what I can't without be connected to server...anyway I'm signed to PSN network just in GT 5 always displaying some error...but it works again !!! I just quit a game and get in again  :awesome: maybe like somebody reply it was just some maintenance in ...

Edited by lubajz10

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize but there are actually 2 trophies that may require online servers. You have to upload a photo and a created track...

I think uploading requires connection with online server so the plat will become unobtainable after they shut down if you already earned them. they aren't difficult, only time is ticking now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The online portion of GT5 will no longer be available after May 20, 2014.

Sony announced this earlier this month, along with the servers to Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2 and Resistance 3.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/06/sony-to-shut-down-multiplayer-severs-for-grand-turismo-5-resistance-series/

As for unobtainable trophies, GT5 definitely has 2: Proud Owner and Course Designer.  They are incredibly easy to get but require the GT servers.  So if you have any interest in getting the platinum, I recommend getting those done prior to May 20, 2014.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The DLC for Gran Turismo 5 will be going down a month earlier on April 30th, but you can still access the cars/tracks if you have purchased them. Also, Gran Turismo TV will remain up until 2015 provided you have purchased the content.

This is according to http://eu.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4372104.html

Also, when the servers do shutdown, you won't be able to access Seasonal Events, Online Dealership, and Online Lobby among other things.

• 1 month later...

I think the best race to grind money is the Seasonal Event, Online B-Spec Challenge No. 3. 650PP Race at Suzuka.~1,040,000 cr. when you've got the 200% login bonus. Takes 20 minutes in the Mazda Furai Concept. So if you need Multi-millionaire and Car Collector that race helps a lot! Grind it before it's gone.

• 2 months later...

1. Proud Owner -- Take and share a photo.

2. Course Designer -- Create and share a track.

They are both sharing trophies meaning you need the servers to be able to share it with your friends.

Actually, ou can still do this online. When you finish making the course in Course Maker or a photo in Photo Travel, you have the save option somewhere. You should be able to do this regardless of the server shutdown.