Rank the 5 Uncharted Games

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy 

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 

I wouldn't say anytof the games were bad by any means but some are definitely better than others.

Despite its age, Among Thieves still looks & plays wonderfully, not to mention the setpieces are spectacular & the story is fantastic.

When most people think of Drake's Deception, they think of the plane crash in the desert, for me it was the sinking cruise ship, arguably my favourite setpiece of the whole franchise.

A Thief's End looks fantastic, plays fantastic & my only real gripe with it was the ending, while believable & it made sense in terms of the story, I wasn't that sold on the passing of the torch aspect of it.

Lost Legacy was OK for a side story but I only really properly enjoyed it once Sam came into it, before that I felt it was missing something. I would have much preferred Cutter over Nadine but Nadine made more sense overall.

Not a lot to say about Drake's Fortune, not a particularly bad game but nothing hugely standout either. I'm glad it did well enough to spawn a sequel though as every game that came after 1 was fantastic.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

5. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Why I've listed the third game as my favorite? I've already talked about it when I completed the remastered trilogy 100% in 2020, but I'll explain it here as well.

I bought my PS3 in the late 2011, as well the first two games sometime after that. Why I didn't buy the third one as well is beyond me. Most likely because my budget was tight back then. Anyway, until the summer 2011, I had never heard of this series before, and that's because I didn't follow the game media as much as I do today. But everything changed in that summer.

For some reason (and I'm glad I did), I decided to watch E3 2011 videos from IGN. The first video from Sony was the one I watched first. After the quite spectacular intro, as well as some other stuff, they finally showcased it: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The gameplay footage and the trailer after that was mind blowing. From that moment, I decided to buy the series whenever I'd get a PS3.

When it was time to play the third game, the thing I looked forward to most was the cruiser section featured in that video. And it did not disappoint me, nor did the entire game itself. It's a downright masterpiece.

And that's it. Don't get me wrong, every game listed here is great, but because of everything I saw in that E3 video, it feels natural that the third game deserves the number one spot.

Edited by MrGarland
  • Like 2

1. Uncharted 2

2. Uncharted Drakes Fortune (loved the locations. Main reason it's ranked before 4)

3. Uncharted 4 

4. Uncharted 3

5. Uncharted The Lost Legacy

6. Uncharted Golden Abyss

This series has no bad entry. All of these games are top notch and especially place 3-5 were so close that it was really hard to rank them. Uncharted 3 had my least favorite locations but lost legacy was lacking nate.

• Like 1

1. Uncharted 2

2. Uncharted 1

3. Uncharted 4

4. Uncharted 3

Haven't gotten around to Lost Legacy yet.

I feel Uncharted 4 gets inflated next to the other games because (as someone noted above) the first game fame out a decade previous, and on a different generation.

Uncharted 4 plays extremely well but the story is by far the weakest of the lot. The first three were almost stand alone games with recurring characters, and for Uncharted 4 it felt like they regretted that choice and tried to make some sort of over arching story that didn't exist prior to the game. The fact that his brother and the main antagonist didn't exist before that game, yet I'm supposed to believe there's a lot of rich history between them didn't work for me.

Had it been foreshadowed over the first three games then the fourth one would have probably been my number 1.

• Like 1

1. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception

2. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End

3. Uncharted Lost Legacy

4. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

5. Uncharted Drake's Fortune

So the Uncharted series has a special place for me in my gaming history. I had the original PlayStation and played the dog piss out of it and Crash bandicoot, syphon filter, legend of dragoon and so many other games. Then I never got the PS2 I built a gaming PC instead. But even when I had consoles I was always a PC gamer through and through. Until 2011 I kept seeing trailers for Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception. It looked so good. So I broke down and bought a PS3 and got the first two games. Devoured them and then got the 3rd right when it came out. Loved it. That ship sequence to this day is still my favorite set piece.

Then the PS4 came out and I basically ignored it. Until Uncharted 4 came out. I bought the Uncharted PS4 bundle. Love that my PS4 is covered in Uncharted stuff. And loved A Thief's End a lot. It almost beats Drake's Deception but I gotta give credit to the 3rd entry for making dive into console gaming. The last gaming PC I built was in 2010 and I don't use it for anything other than work now. I game exclusively on PlayStation. Damn trophies sucked me in hard haha.

I will say Drake's Fortune would be higher on the list but fighting those zombie ish things or whatever really annoyed me. I hated that whole section of the game. Still do to this day haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My ranking would go like this, from best to worst: 2, 3, TLL, 4, 1. I'll admit that I'm biased towards Uncharted 2 because it's one of the first games I ever played. Other than that, however, I find 2 to have the best story and characters such as Flynn, the introduction of Chloe into the games, Tenzin and Jeff the cameraman. It improved upon the mechanics and gameplay of Drake's Fortune and was overall just a way better, more enjoyable experience.

Edited by TheNobleOnez
  • Like 2

On 24/7/2021 at 5:16 AM, MrTacos98 said:

How would you all rank the 5 Uncharted games from best to worst? (excluding Golden Abyss). All of them are good so "worst" may not be the best word choice. 

My Top 5:

1. Uncharted 2

2. Uncharted 4 

3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

5. Uncharted 3

I dunno why u exclude Golden Abyss. It is a very good game. A prequel of Drake's Fortune. Besides that, there is another card game for VITA. So you have 7 Uncharted games in total.

1. Uncharted 2

2. Uncharted 4

3. Uncharted: LL

4. Uncharted 3

5. Uncharted 1

Uncharted 1 is still one of the worst trophy-hunting/gaming experiences I’ve ever had. Obviously the characters were great but the story takes place in one location and it just quickly got boring seeing the same environment from beginning to end. My first Crushing difficulty PS3 run got so bad I quit the game for two years although that was probably just a lack of ability on my end. For the remastered version, I valued my blood pressure and activated One Shot Kills and Infinite Ammo for my Brutal difficulty run.

Naughty Dog then follow it up with my personal favourite game of all time; Uncharted 2. Not only because if was a fantastic game in itself but the improvements made in every aspect over its predecessor were amazing. Variety of locations, great story and improved gameplay.

The games in between; 3, 4 and LL had their moments and were good overall but not as good as 2. For now, it looks like the series is over but I’m still hoping for a Charlie Cutter/Sully spin-off. Chloe got hers so why not Charlie?

• Like 1

I'm surprised Drake's Fortune isn't getting much love in here. Game was incredible when released, bought it on a whim when I saw it in store knowing absolutely nothing about it and I was blown away. The second I finished it I started it again, probably finished it a dozen times. My list below.

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

I haven't played Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

• Like 1

I haven’t played Lost Legacy yet, so I’ll edit it in the future.

1. Uncharted 4

2. Uncharted 2

3. Uncharted 3

4. Uncharted

Uncharted 4 is without a doubt the peak of the series compared to the PS3 iterations. Technically and story-wise. I had heard complaints before I played it myself that the pacing was too slow. I couldn’t disagree more. There is more breathing room between battles, but every flashback chapter is unique and interesting, and provides important details to the story that gave it more depth than its predecessors. The main story about Avery and the founding of Libertalia is very well done, too.

Edited by Deep_Space_5D
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just revisited the trilogy. My rankings would be:

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

2. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception

3. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

4. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

6. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

I much preferred the quicker pacing of the original trilogy. I was also very surprised at how much I enjoyed UC3 - I don’t remember it being as good as it was back when I originally played it. UC2 edges it because of the multiplayer experienced however - it was so much fun, I was absolutely addicted to it and spent so much time on it when it was at it’s peak!

• Like 2

1. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Peak Uncharted for me. The various locations, the set pieces, the story. Just incredible.

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Very close second, seeing the more human side to Nate was awesome, and the relationship with Elena just flows so smoothly.

3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Great game. Only issue I had was the Jet-ski sections which were... horrendous. Overall very good!

4. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Fun, portable and decent enough story. Chase was pretty forgettable, though Dante was interesting. 

5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Don't get me wrong, I still like this one, but it definitely gave me the most frustration, by far, playing on Brutal. Opinions are subjective by nature though.

Haven't played Lost Legacy yet as I never particularly liked Chloe or Nadine. Will inevitably give it a go at some point. 

• Like 1