Rank the 5 Uncharted Games

• 3 months later...

Drake's Fortune might look dated and feel clunky now, but back when it released on the PS3 it was super fun and thrilling.

Kinda sad to see it at the bottom of almost every list.

Just like Resistance, Motorstorm or Heavenly Sword it was unlike anything I had ever played.

I will never forget its action set pieces, how adventurous it felt, and the wonderful dynamic between Drake, Sully and Elena.

a439ff8e41cb22255d052d49816e126a715a5779

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Kinda sad to see it at the bottom of almost every list.

Bottom of the this very specific list doesn’t at all mean it’s bad. 

The bottom of this list can still mean Really Great, just that every game after is even better. 

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Bottom of the this very specific list doesn’t at all mean it’s bad. 

The bottom of this list can still mean Really Great, just that every game after is even better. 

True.

I just wanted to point out how much it was a game-changer back then, since many people possibly only played it later.

It's the OG. It had that one cinematic set piece that inspired the non-stop roller coaster feel that made Uncharted 2 the blockbuster everyone loves.

Regardless, I respect everyone's ranking/preferences/opinions.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1) Uncharted 2 - perfect videogame in almost every single aspect, holy shit, what a ride
*powergap*
2) Uncharted 1 - great start of a legendary series, arguably even better atmosphere than 2
3) Uncharted 4 - great end of Nathan's career of a treasure hunter, but it was a slight letdown for me
4) Uncharted 3 - again, great game, but a letdown after 2
5) Uncharted: Golden Abyss - why shouldn't it count? Because it wasn't made by ND? In any case one of the best Vita titles and great use of Vita's gimmicks.
*powergap*
6) Uncharted: Lost Legacy - didn't like this one that much, while not a bad game, it actually feels less Uncharted-y for me than GA.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2021 at 11:39 PM, boorish_brute said:

The first half of UC3 was the peak for me. The game kinda fell off from there on. Otherwise as a whole 2->4->3->1.

Having played all 5 games now, the new ranking for me is:

1. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

5. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Edited by boorish_brute

• 1 month later...

1) Uncharted 2 - The best combination of gameplay and story. The whole train to the Tibetan village stuff was my favorite stretch of the whole series. Tough to outdo this one.

2) The Lost Legacy - Take Uncharted 4's gameplay and cut out most of the downtime. Works for me. Would also say it has the best final boss of the series, although 4's the other contender.

3) Uncharted 4 - Just beat this yesterday. The downtime works in spots, but I was getting bored from it near the end. Makes sense thematically, so I won't knock it down that far. Gameplay's still great though, and it was a fun sendoff. The whole post-clock tower chase deal was my favorite part here. Encounters were real fun how you could go crazy or stealth it. Just wish there were a couple more of them, I suppose.

4) Uncharted 1 - The original gets credit for building up the foundation that would be done better in future installments. The back and forth in the church was pretty neat, but the stories would get better.

5) Golden Abyss - Counts to me. Sony Bend just makes fun handheld games like the Syphon Filter titles on the PSP, and they did decent if unspectacular work on the Vita with their lone entry here.

6) Uncharted 3 - Felt like characters had a total 180 in personality from the first two games. Story was don't show or tell in parts, and the teleporting enemies were the worst. The filler episode boat section was the best part of the game, and that's not a good thing. Still okay, but easily the least fun game of the six for me.

• Like 1

I have to include my ratings too, since Uncharted is one of my favorite franchises out there, only rivaled by the other ND masterpiece - The Last of Us. Rating these games is tricky, because none of them are bad games, and even the weakest one is head and shoulders above some of the competition in the action/adventure genre. At least that is the case for me. My list is as follows:

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - beautiful end to the saga, fantastic character development, logical, satisfying, and respectful send-off for Nathan Drake. I enjoyed both the action and quiet moments, along with the optional dialogues. I wish they didn't hold your hand when it came to puzzles, but that seems to be the trend with games nowadays. 
  2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - the game-changer in the series. Everyone loves Among Thieves. It took what worked for the original and made it even better. From start to finish, it just does what it sets out to do - takes you on this unforgettable, non-stop adventure, - and it does so spectacularly. 
  3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - a chance to play as the fantastic Chloe Fraser. It borrows the breathtaking visuals of A Thief's End, and puts in into a tight, well-paced story just for Chloe. It fixes some of the shaky characterization for Nadine, and makes you tolerate Sam more. I would like to see the franchise develop this direction even further. 
  4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - the original will always have a special place in my heart. It might be short and a bit aged, but it set the bar for what the narrative and characterization can be in an action game. It was mocked as a Tomb Raider rip-off when it was first announced, but as much as I love TR, the first Uncharted game surpasses its inspiration by a mile in that department. 
  5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - I see many people listing this game as their favorite, and I am always a bit confused by that. While still a good game, to me Drake's Deception just feels unfinished and oddly paced. There are several storylines and characters abruptly dropped or unexplained. Whole set pieces are added for their grandeur rather than to contribute to the story in an organic way (ie, the dock and ship section). Locations are rushed through in a montage of one action sequence after another... There are many reasons why I am glad that the franchise chose to wrap up Drake's story with A Thief's End instead of leaving me with the very flawed Drake's Deception. 

That also leaves Golden Abyss on the table. I really don't consider it to be in any way a canon entry, as it does not have the quality, the feeling, and the weight of the ND series. Honestly, it just kind of exists, but I often forget about it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Every game in this series is good in there own way. Some, ofcourse, better than others. The list in my opinion goes like;

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 9.5/10

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 9.0/10

3. Uncharted: Lost Legacy - 8.5/10

4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 8.0/10

5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 7.5/10

I haven't started and played Golden Abyss yet, but will do so one of these days.

Edited by RED-Z0nY-

• 1 month later...