OCD Trophy - Videos & Walkthrough

APCGrayLocked

I reput here my video and the splendid walkthrough of @Fuwafuwa-no-Neko to unlock this trophy, so that you will come here and not go everytime in the dispute's section xD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Video:

Fuwafuwa-no-Neko's Video:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Necrosphere OCD trophy supplemental video proof

(+walkthrough)

A good friend of mine showed me this dispute thread which managed to pique my interest,

and amongst reasons I decided to try to replicate the trophy that OP claimed to have glitched on him on two occasions now.

I will now detail the similarities and differences between my run and that of OP. Original video (APCGrayLocked) will have timestamps in blue, second video (Fuwafuwa-no-Neko) in orange. You can click those timestamps to view said times in the video.

Noticeable Similarities

Messages: exactly the same amount across both videos. Including parts where messages were touched twice as outlined below;

- Torches: Matched patters in the zones. And touched torches twice when at same spots. There is one instance where I messed up, which I will detail in the differences.

• Torch pattern above the elevator (right, left, right) (1): 2:38 | 2:34
  • Torch touched twice after the three bubble ladder (yellow zone) (2): 5:08 | 4:35
  • Torch touched twice, one time after being lit, other time after returning from the dead end and going down (red zone) (3): 9:36 | 9:45
  • Torch touched twice in transition red/purple zone (red zone) (4): 11:06 | 11:15

Note, I only mentioned the torches where he went back and forth in order to touch them twice. You will touch other torches twice by naturally playing the game.

Noticeable Differences

- There was an instance where I messed up and touched a torch twice (+1) by accident due to death: 3:57

- There was an instance where I skipped touching one of the torches twice (-1) due to dashing over it: 11:58

I believe I got lucky and due to the +1 and -1 touching twice, that my total count was still the same at the end.

Additional proof of this method by a third person

I asked a retired and respected trophy hunter to verify these results. After carefully following APCGreyLocked's video, he managed to come to the same conclusion. Which I will show you in this screenshot below:

TlzGYqW.jpg

That's right, after following the exact same steps, he managed to get the glitch and with that the trophy.

There are a few differences worth mentioning as well in how me and @midgetstrawdog (the third party) went about it that I will outline below:

Things worth mentioning

- Wifi does not has to be disabled. I had it off, midget left it on by accident.

- Language does not affect trophy.

- Vita model does not affect trophy.

- Deaths do not affect trophy.

- Midget followed different patterns during the green zone in which the green lizard men attack you. They do not seem to affect the trophy. 

- Midget took the elevator shortcut during the second visit of the red zone.

- And lastly at the end, midget went straight for the final torch and did not went left for a few seconds.

This seem to confirm our conclusion that only messages and torches are involved in the glitch.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 2