August's PS+ games announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

Welp, that's 3 more games in the backlog I probably won't be platting. It would have made more sense to have games that have separate PS5 upgrade options, so if we feel like playing the PS5 version, we would still have to buy it. Having games that either has a shitload of DLC for that sweet, sweet 100% or require online play would put people off. I know plenty of people who don't bother with PUBG, Friday the 13th or Dead by Daylight when they were on PS+.

• Like 1

God dang! To be fair they gave away Control and Final Fantasy 7 remake not too long ago. I'm only own ps4/subscribe to ps+ for less than too years, but it feels like they drop good stuff for a few month a year and the rest is just a filler. I wish they would do more classics/remasters again, I'm not buying a lot of games just because I feel there's high probability of them being offered as ps+ games.

Is PvZ platinum still obtainable? The only game I might possibly play out of the selection...

3 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

They should do this again. :(

People still complained about what games were offered and what game won. It didn't solve anything which is probably why Sony have never tried it since.

Fact of the matter is, regardless of what they put on Plus, some people are going to whinge about it regardless. Some of the complaints may be valid and others are going to be with the mindset "Things I don't like = trash". No month is ever going to appeal to everyone and at no point is anyone forced to play any of the games.

With regards to the games themselves, PvZ is probably the most likely out of them that I'll play but they're all get put in the library regardless. Trophy list seems grindy but not difficult.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

People still complained about what games were offered and what game won. It didn't solve anything which is probably why Sony have never tried it since.

Fact of the matter is, regardless of what they put on Plus, some people are going to whinge about it regardless. Some of the complaints may be valid and others are going to be with the mindset "Things I don't like = trash". No month is ever going to appeal to everyone and at no point is anyone forced to play any of the games.

With regards to the games themselves, PvZ is probably the most likely out of them that I'll play but they're all get put in the library regardless. Trophy list seems grindy but not difficult.

Of course people will complain regardless but it will be less complaining than these past few months. It’s been horrible and I rather take the choice than having no choice at all.

I really don't recommend the PvZ BfN game, I love dearly the original tower defense game, had great fun with GW 1&2 but this one is super crap...

My advice is: give it a try with alt account so that you know what you're getting into.

PS: it's super grindy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Until it hits the Blog i dont give these rumors and leaks too much of a thought

but i suppose its always fun to see what titles we “might” be given earlier than when we can expect

This was posted on PlayStation.com on the same page as the current Plus titles so I’d say this more than a rumor. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

To all the blame who complained about getting Black Ops 4, A Plague Tale and WWE Battlegrounds, this shitty month is for you!

Wow, I wonder if people did complain because they already had A Plague Tale. Such a great game, can't think of any other reason. Looking forward to the Requiem sequel.

If this is true then August looks shit imo, not a fan of sports games, PvZ looks interesting and another Battle Royale game -_- 

At least we got A Plague Tale for free this month so that's something, I have enough games to play but for those who hoped for a good month shall be dissapointed.

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II